2013 Titanium horrible MPG so far.

marjen

My previous vehicle was a 2009 maxima. 290 hp V6 and it got about 22 mpg average. I think I stated that in my first post. So I expected a less powerful 4 to do better.

Sorry - missed that.

I thought it was supposed to get 25/31.

Where did you get that idea? Your window sticker should have said 22/33.

Give it a few more tanks. You may be driving it differently than your Maxima. E-10 plus winter blend fuel probably isn't helping.

• Like 1

I understand a break in period, but I don't know where these people are thinking that's going to bump your mileage 10mpg.

If it doesn't improve you should have it checked outt by Ford. My Charger has 3x the displacement, double the horsepower and weighs 1k pounds more and makes that mileage.

My V8 4x4 Explorer with chunky off road tires and a lift makes about 14-15mpg combined. It's bound to go up for sure. It has to! Or there is something wrong there.

I bought this car with the impression of great fuel mileage for an AWD Sedan, and should obviously be better than my Explorer.. well.. should be.. Even if it doesn't make the EPA 31, which I know is a bit extreme, it's gotta be hitting mid 20s on the highway at the least.

So - I've put 2 full tanks in the car. the average MPG is right around 22 - combination of city/highway.

Yesterday I reset one of the trip odo's in enhanced mode as I pulled out of my work location. Mostly highway (and let's just say that I need my Valentine One - got it for a reason) - door to door I got 27 mpg. About 4 miles of local (45 max with several lights) to the freeway, about 60 miles, then about another 4 miles on local roads 30-40 mph max.

This is the 2.0 Ecoboost Titanium.

So - I've put 2 full tanks in the car. the average MPG is right around 22 - combination of city/highway.

Yesterday I reset one of the trip odo's in enhanced mode as I pulled out of my work location. Mostly highway (and let's just say that I need my Valentine One - got it for a reason) - door to door I got 27 mpg. About 4 miles of local (45 max with several lights) to the freeway, about 60 miles, then about another 4 miles on local roads 30-40 mph max.

This is the 2.0 Ecoboost Titanium.

What was the octane number again? Just trying to figure this out for myself.

Personally I will be using 93 octane in my Titanium. After spending a good bit of time over the last few years tuning and working on my turbo Audi I have an appreciate for not pulling timing on a boosted car. I would much rather run 93 octane and get the proper performance out of the engine. But that's just me, and I didn't buy the Fusion for fuel economy (though the fact that it's better than my Audi is a nice bonus).

Any difference in MPG with a higher octane? Not sure if it would be worth the extra cost...

Doesn't appear to have made a difference - but one tank (the first one I filled up) is hardly a sufficient sample to make judgments from. :)

I did another 150 mi. round trip today - and am still getting right around 27 mpg......

Doesn't appear to have made a difference - but one tank (the first one I filled up) is hardly a sufficient sample to make judgments from. :)

I did another 150 mi. round trip today - and am still getting right around 27 mpg......

I do a mix of highway/city on my way to work (mostly where I've driven) and my average says 22.5MPG right now. I guess it's just my driving style. I'm hoping after the engine is a little more broken in it will improve. We should all sign up at the same fuel tracker site and track this stuff.

Well I will be filling up today to see exactly where I stand but only gone 250 miles on this tank and it says 29 miles till empty. Will calculate when I fill up.

I have seen a lot of excuses here, temperature, break in, octane, driving style. I am comparing this to what I got in my last car. That was 290 hp V6 and I drove it however I wanted in any temperature etc and got about 22. I do not sit in traffic, I drive around town and on highway and have yet to break 20 mpg. I am also driving softly, way softer than I did on my maxima. I expected better mileage. Seeing some of the other numbers here I wonder if people even touch their gas peddle lol. I cant see it getting drastically better, dont recall a big difference in my last car first 1k miles vs rest. So all I am stating is I am a little disappointed in the mileage numbers as I am not getting what I expected, still like the car, but wish mileage was better. I would expect 24-25 mpg with my mix of around town and highway, not 19-20.

• Like 1

From my earlier post:

(and let's just say that I need my Valentine One - got it for a reason)

My nickname from as far back as high school days was "Mario" (and I ain't talkin' video games here - think "Andretti")

So - I'm not at all easy on my gas peddle......my average highway speed is in the upper 70's and would be higher if it weren't for traffic...

I haven't done a full tank yet, but according to the car, doing a bunch of driving so far, some spirited, some in town - and mostly cruising, the gauge is averaging in around 9-ish L/100KM, pushes lower on a fresh reset on highway, which works out to around 26-ish mpg (US). And the car currently has about a hundred miles on it. So still very early.

Just filled up. 255.9 miles on 13.4 gallons. So basically the same as last time about 19.4 mpg. :(

I would bring the issue up to the dealership at this point. If you're driving it easy you should be getting better than that even if you're in stop in go traffic all the time.

I would bring the issue up to the dealership at this point. If you're driving it easy you should be getting better than that even if you're in stop in go traffic all the time.

How do you recommend going about that? Just say you're not happy with the MPG you're getting? (Don't have any experience with dealerships/being under warranty still.)

P.S. just saw your signature....I can't believe they delivered to the wrong dealership!

Yeah, exactly that. Go in, and explain to them that it's not getting great fuel mileage, they'll probably try and tell you that every vehicle is different, break in periods, and you wont get as advertised, depends on driving conditions and styles, so on and so forth.

But, just explain to them, that the fuel economy appears to be very low, give them some numbers and explain to them how you've been driving the car. And ask them to have the vehicle looked at, they should be able to do some testing and such to make sure it's not running rich or anything. To me, it's gotta be something not quite right, as mine fresh off the lot with practically zero miles on it, is already getting mid-twenties, even with extended idling while I figure out features, highway cruising, and some city driving.

The manual states not to bother calculating the fuel economy until after break-in, which it states 1000 miles or 1600 kms. So, if you're over that. Go nuts. :D

Edited by -Strike-

Yeah, exactly that. Go in, and explain to them that it's not getting great fuel mileage, they'll probably try and tell you that every vehicle is different, break in periods, and you wont get as advertised, depends on driving conditions and styles, so on and so forth.

But, just explain to them, that the fuel economy appears to be very low, give them some numbers and explain to them how you've been driving the car. And ask them to have the vehicle looked at, they should be able to do some testing and such to make sure it's not running rich or anything. To me, it's gotta be something not quite right, as mine fresh off the lot with practically zero miles on it, is already getting mid-twenties, even with extended idling while I figure out features, highway cruising, and some city driving.

Yeah, I'm concerned I'm in the same boat as marjen. My average is 22 MPG and I'm driving more fuel efficiently than when I had my SUV (coasting when I can, barely touching the gas to maintain speed on the highway).

I think next time I fill up I'll track it with the trip calculator / by hand to ensure it's not up to par before I give them a ring and bother them. But it seems like I'm getting a range of 250-290 miles on a tank. I expected/would really like to be over 350.

• Like 1

Right now it doesn't bother me as much, partly due to the fact that I'm moving into this from something that gave me 13 mpg, so obviously anything is going to be better. But, for you guys that are coming from decent mileage vehicles to one that is supposed to be better, I can understand the frustration for sure. Hopefully we get to the bottom of this. Something has to be definitely off a bit, there's no reason you shouldn't come pretty close to the EPA numbers at times, even though they're a little overblown sometimes, and many factors come into play. For an I4, direct injection engine, it's gotta be pretty decent.

Edited by -Strike-

Yeah I still need to get the vehicle in to have the rattling door looked at so will bring it up then. My wife had a 2007 ford edge a couple years ago and that thing got better mileage than I am getting and had a V6. I am afraid the dealership is just going to blow it off, but we will see.

Just filled up. 255.9 miles on 13.4 gallons. So basically the same as last time about 19.4 mpg. :(

I live in pa an we have lots of hills. I'm guessing that will affect mpg. How is the terrain where you guys are driving?

My current 12 year old Monte Carlo got 26 mpg in its early lifetime. It's now reporting 24.

I'm hoping to hit at least 40 if my FFH ever gets here, or why did I pay the premium for it.

Edited by Iggnutts
  • Like 1