New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

Thanks! I'm just about over it now, was a little pissed for the day, but now that the car was covered in snow, I can't see it. Out of sight, out of mind ;p

I'm sure it'll be as good as new! First battle wound. I'll be happy if when it's fixed it's just not as obvious, I can live with a slight,(and I do mean slight) wobble. It's a black car, so it shows everything hah

Imp, very nice pictures. What do you think of it so far? I'm loving mine. I keep making up reasons to go in the garage so I can sneak another look at mine. I don't think the wife is on to me yet. Early impressions so far are that it's very quiet, the ride and handling is excellent, it's firm with very controlled damping of bumps. The 2.0L is smooth with no intrusion into the cabin. I've had several cars where the engine vibration would transfer to the steering wheel but there is none of that with the Fusion. Some other things that I noticed and liked were the auto high beams, the intelligent key access, the electronic parking brake and the way the car lights up when you open the door. There is a lot of technology is this car and it is going to take a while to get comfortable with it all.

Imp, very nice pictures. What do you think of it so far? I'm loving mine. I keep making up reasons to go in the garage so I can sneak another look at mine. I don't think the wife is on to me yet. Early impressions so far are that it's very quiet, the ride and handling is excellent, it's firm with very controlled damping of bumps. The 2.0L is smooth with no intrusion into the cabin. I've had several cars where the engine vibration would transfer to the steering wheel but there is none of that with the Fusion. Some other things that I noticed and liked were the auto high beams, the intelligent key access, the electronic parking brake and the way the car lights up when you open the door. There is a lot of technology is this car and it is going to take a while to get comfortable with it all.

Thanks missileman88. I like it a lot so far. The ride, handling and low noise levels are very impressive. The hybrid gas engine is not too loud even under hard acceleration (only done a couple times in the 60 or so miles I have driven it). Loving the features of the MyFordTouch system. No issues so far with delayed response and I have kept the response tone on when hitting the screen to help confirm choices. The backup camera is really nice and has helped me park better too. The dealer set me up for the Sync Services, and I am getting a kick out of the text to speech for text messaging (in the few texts I have received). Only thing I am not so thrilled about is it seems at very low speeds like parking lots, the transition from gas to EV,mode when slowing down to a stop has been sort of abrupt a few times. Hopefully it will iron itself out as a few more miles are put on. I love walking up to it and seeing the Ruby Red paint shine.

One other "issue" I am having is that for some reason their is no "Climate" section on the right hand side of the instrument cluster, just Entertainment Phone, and Efficiency Leaves. The owners manual says there should be Climate on that screen. Maybe it went away with the newest MFT update or doesn't come on Hybrids? Doesn't seem to make sense though. Might call my dealer again if others have it.

Imp, I have climate control available to the right of the speedo. Temp and fan speed, I believe. Perhaps on the hybrid, they switched out the climate option for the efficiciency leaves. It seems the manual is not quite updated to reality, or else there is a software update on the way...

Took delivery of mine on 12/20. I have only driven 100 miles so far. Ride and handling are great so far. I am still getting used to the size of the vehicle (length of the hood and rear deck, etc.) Having the rear sensing system helps with this in reverse.

I have a couple of gripes but nothing huge. Why is the ignition so low? The key sticks out really far and I almost hit it with my knee. The wheel is at its highest tilt setting and my seat is at its lowest height setting. Why can't I see the TPMS in the Information screen? The Pontiac G8 GT that I own shows the tire pressure of each tire. Why can't the Fusion do this?

A question for fellow owners: When are you going to change the oil for the first time?

A question for fellow owners: When are you going to change the oil for the first time?

I think I'll change the oil for the first time at 3000 miles and then switch to full-synthetic.

Congrats on the car! It's good to see another MT driver on the forum. May I ask when your car was built? Mine was built 11/30, but hasn't shipped yet.

• Like 1

Anyone with the Nav....does it allow you to change addresses, or sift through the gas price lists etc. while the car is in motion or is there a safety feature that prohibits using it while driving?

I've used many systems (new and old) in cars and was always able to change settings and stuff while driving and a few months back I went with my uncle to the beach and drove his Hummer and there was nothing more aggravating then having a "that function can not be used while vehicle is in motion" message pop up every time I touched the radio controls!!!!! If that is the case with the Fusion, i'll save the $800 and stick with my portable nav ....I test drove one the other week and totally forgot to check !

Anyone with the Nav....does it allow you to change addresses, or sift through the gas price lists etc. while the car is in motion or is there a safety feature that prohibits using it while driving?

I've used many systems (new and old) in cars and was always able to change settings and stuff while driving and a few months back I went with my uncle to the beach and drove his Hummer and there was nothing more aggravating then having a "that function can not be used while vehicle is in motion" message pop up every time I touched the radio controls!!!!! If that is the case with the Fusion, i'll save the $800 and stick with my portable nav ....I test drove one the other week and totally forgot to check !

You can definitely change directions with voice while the car is in motion, but I don't think you can change anything on the screen manually while the car is in motion.

Yeah, learn to use the voice commands. It's usually quicker that way. Another gripe is moving the map is crappy. They should have a directional up down left right button.

Cool thing on navi is that it tells you the speed limit of the road you are on. You can even put that on the right side cluster.

Hmm, i'll have to see how the voice commands work. I only use voice to make calls, otherwise I like being able to physically check/change things through the screen. I have the speed limit info on my portable nav which is really neat, and it will flash red if you go over past 10 mph . Thanks all for the info.

My 2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid was built on December 4 and arrived at the dealership the day before Christmas, but I was already out of town to visit my relatives for the holidays when it arrived. My patience paid off though when I picked it up yesterday. Here are a few pictures I took of it today.

- Troy

post-48993-0-40800600-1358042585_thumb.jpg

post-48993-0-40416600-1358042587_thumb.jpg

post-48993-0-97834700-1358042588_thumb.jpg

post-48993-0-72232600-1358042590_thumb.jpg

post-48993-0-42592700-1358042592_thumb.jpg

post-48993-0-88413800-1358042593_thumb.jpg

post-48993-0-69358600-1358042596_thumb.jpg

post-48993-0-13684200-1358042601_thumb.jpg

Edited by troystarr
  • Like 1

I've had the car for about 30 days so far. My first complaints are:

1. headliner material sagging and coming loose. Dealer says they'll have to replace the whole headliner.

2. fuel tank filling capacity not get near 16.5 gallons, making more frequent fill-ups necessary.

3. handling: steering feel is very vague and unpredictable during cornering

4. MPG averaging 22.5 mixed and 26.5 highway. Not getting in the 30's at all.

1. headliner material sagging and coming loose. Dealer says they'll have to replace the whole headliner.

2. fuel tank filling capacity not get near 16.5 gallons, making more frequent fill-ups necessary.

2 seems to be an unconfirmed known issue. I've seen several posts. One guy said he was displaying 1/8 tank but it only filled to 12 gal. They had an engineer take a look but I never heard the results. Was the handling always vague? I've test driven two different trims and neither had an issue (IMO) with steering. In fact, they both felt really good. I also heard you should sort of ignore your MPG for the first 1000-1500 miles. But I haven't really read of many people getting awesome MPG yet. Everyone seems underwhelmed by reality compared to EPA estimates. Hopefully its overblown.

My 2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid was built on December 4 and arrived at the dealership the day before Christmas, but I was already out of town to visit my relatives for the holidays when it arrived. My patience paid off though when I picked it up yesterday. Here are a few pictures I took of it today.

- Troy

Congratulations. Love the color!

1. I noticed issues with my headliner last week (never thought to check it at delivery). It has many dimples and is wavy above especially above the seatbelt area on both sides. I may mention this to the dealer when I bring it in on Thursday to have them look at a paint defect just below my left tailight.

2. I think there may be issues with the Hybrid gas tanks too. My first fillup, the trip computer said I used about 10.7 gallons, and I was able to put in 9.999 gallons (the gauge on the IP read just above full, then dropped to exactly full after a mile or 2). Currently on my second tank, It read a half tank but the trip computer said I used only 4.5 gallons (out of 13.5 gallon capacity for the Hybrid). Now i am around 7 I think, and it is readinga little above a 1/4 tank. Should be interesting to see the discrepancy between the the amount used and what I can put it during my next fill up this week probably.

3. I am very happy with the handling and steering feel. If it feels unstable there may be an issue.

4. I got 34.2 mpg on my first tank (my fuelly may need to be adjusted based on the fuel tank/fillup issues - i.e. may have used the amount of fuel the trip computer said, not what the gas pump said was full). So far on my 2nd tank I am getting 37.2 mpg. Similar weather conditions between the 2. I am not thrilled with the mpg, but I knew the cold was going to affect things more, so I will withhold disappointment for a little while.

2 seems to be an unconfirmed known issue. I've seen several posts. One guy said he was displaying 1/8 tank but it only filled to 12 gal. They had an engineer take a look but I never heard the results. Was the handling always vague? I've test driven two different trims and neither had an issue (IMO) with steering. In fact, they both felt really good. I also heard you should sort of ignore your MPG for the first 1000-1500 miles. But I haven't really read of many people getting awesome MPG yet. Everyone seems underwhelmed by reality compared to EPA estimates. Hopefully its overblown.

http://www.fordfusionforum.com/topic/8957-2013-fusion-fuel-tank-filling-issues/page-2

Hey, I got a Fusion for Christmas! Wrapped up, under the tree. My son gave it to me.

Here's a picture; http://www.flickr.com/photos/91862534@N06/8343713032/in/photostream

Impressions so far: Beautiful styling. Uses very little gas. Not a lot of room in the trunk -- in fact, the trunk doesn't open.

If you want one, they are available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Greenlight-Fusion-Silver-Die-Cast-Vehicle/dp/B008IREGMK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353690116&sr=8-1&keywords=Ford+fusion+die+cast

ETA is PDQ

• Like 2

Here are a couple photos of the headliner:

8342777521_9b3d8e6aef.jpg

8343837062_264f9e217f.jpg