New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

Naturally I came home and started searching for where I got this idea, so I could see how I mis-read it ... Or find out who had said something that isn't right. But now I can't find it.

I will keep looking, because this is bugging me. In the meantime, don't worry about your battery size, seems like Fusions are being delivered correctly after all.

Here's the thread about the Hybrids dead 12V battery:

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/5885-dead-12-volt-battery-2013-fusion-hybrid/

It turns out that the manual lists the same battery as the Gas models, which is incorrect. The Hybrid comes with the correct battery and unless it's dead, there's no reason to replace it.

I know what rprobst is going through about now. When I picked up my Fusion from the dealer in Jan, I found myself talked into an extended warranty/prepaid maintenance plan that cost me nearly $4,000. To the wife & I, it sounded like a dream deal. Like here, it was "only pay for gas & tires" for the full term, I think was 10 years.

Well, once we were out of there, the advice from my father-in-law and, well, just about everyone else was, "Are you crazy!? GET RID OF THAT!" and get myself a Ford ESP. Welp, looked at my contact and found I could cancel within 30 days & no claims for a full refund. I didn't call my dealer, instead I spoke directly to the agency and filled out the paper myself. Just got the refund today. As you can guess, it seemed to take ages to process - but they did. So now, I'm looking at Flood & Champion, as well as alternate local Ford contacts. I plan to go Ford ESP, 7/100,000/$100.

It's a pressure cooker in the finance room, and they're very good at making it sound like they're cutting their own throats for you. It's also a hard place to do your research up front, because outside the Ford ESP, it's difficult to know what sort of plan they'll push on you. After the fact, I found out the plan I bought was pushed by many Ford dealers, Honda dealers, Toyota dealers, and others. While no one had anything directly 'bad' to say about them, no one had any 'good' stories either - like, "boy I'm glad I had this plan, it saved me tons!"

What surprised me (and it probably shouldn't in retrospect, now I know the difference in price) is how strongly the dealer talked me out of Ford's ESP.

Thanks, inkblot. I walked out of that finance office convinced that the guy had done me a favor. As I've said before, he's a *good* salesman. And I was a chump. Oh well, live and (hopefully) learn.

I ... looked at my contact and found I could cancel within 30 days & no claims for a full refund. I didn't call my dealer, instead I spoke directly to the agency and filled out the paper myself.

That sounds like a good idea, going direct to the agency. I called the dealer today to confirm that they have canceled the contract, but (apparently) got the run-around: the business office is already closed (at 4:30), your finance guy isn't working today. OK, then I will call back tomorrow. And if no joy, I will go direct to the agency.

www.floodfordesp.com has the PremiumCARE, $0 Deductible, 7 year/60k miles ESP plan for $920. ExtraCARE is $740, BaseCARE is $640 and PowertrainCARE is $560.

I used http://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/ to purchase ESP for my 2010 Fusion Hybrid. I highly recommend them.

Having ESP still in effect helped me sell the car at higher price that I would have received otherwise... Dealer where I'm buying my Energi offered $15,500, CarMax offered $17,500. I was able to sell it privately for $19,500 (had to $75 fee to transfer the ESP to new owner),

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm

The finance guy at my dealer called today; my extended warranty and pre-paid maintenance contracts have been cancelled. So, just spent $4100 less. This will not reduce the amount I pay the bank each month but will instead reduce the number of months the bank expects to get paid. He did not mention the $75 cancellation fee, but I expect to see that buried in the new contract. Still, I accept the fee as a reminder that I was dumb enough to be sold these contracts at those prices -- and to be happy about it until the next day.

• Like 1

I took delivery of a Tuxedo Black 2013 Ford Fusion Energi last night.

I had orderer a Sterling Grey but I got tired of waiting. The one I ordered had a build date of 3/27, it finally got built on 4/1 and as of yesterday it was still sitting in Mexico. So I decided to pull the trigger on the Black Energi. This one had been sitting at the dealer lot for about two weeks.

The black car is equipped very similar to the one I had ordered. The differences other than the color, where the all weather floor mats and the cargo net. I'm glad I didn't get the mats beacuse the driver side coverage is very poor and my sales person promissed to get me the cargo net.

So far I really like how the car drives. I took my son to a soccer game today about 28 miles away and I was able to use the Lane Keep Assist, and the Adaptive Cruise Control. I really like these features. Here are a couple of pictures.

post-38709-0-44824000-1365286112_thumb.jpg

post-38709-0-95358500-1365286172_thumb.jpg

post-38709-0-71465200-1365286224_thumb.jpg

Regards,
APM

very nice pics Neod. Good brake scores for the first day drives...you must have done this before!

Thanks! I've only done this on Fusion test drives before and this is my first hybrid :) But I also had a progressive snapshot device that monitored my driving in my old car for a few months. That taught me to slow down really slow and to not accelerate that fast. It was worth it, I got a 30% discount on the premium and don't have to keep it plugged in anymore.

Guest RRF985

Looks great! I see you're in Carlisle. I was just over there today for a bit. Where did you take your car to be tinted?

Edited by RRF985
  • Like 1

Looks great! I see you're in Carlisle. I was just over there today for a bit. Where did you take your car to be tinted?

It is a local guy in Carlisle who has a shop at his house (pics taken there) and also does tinting at dealerships. His business is named Reflections Tinting: www.reflectionstinting.com. It costs $196.10 including tax.

Guest RRF985
It is a local guy in Carlisle who has a shop at his house (pics taken there) and also does tinting at dealerships. His business is named Reflections Tinting: www.reflectionstinting.com. It costs $196.10 including tax.

Thanks for the info.

Imp180psu - Looks great. That is my color so it is a great reference. I am considering tint for mine when it comes in. I do not have it now. Does PA enforce the tint rules at all? In NY, you essentially can't tint at all, since the limit is 70%, and the stock tint in the factory windows is right at that number if you use a tint meter. I looked it up and see that PA has essentially the same rules as NY. Do you know what your windows measure out to be when they finished it?

Got my windows tinted today. 20% all around (except windshield of course). Too bad the sun wasn't shining much :(

Hi,

Do you know the brand of the film he used... I'm thinking of tinting mine and the quotes around here in Sourth Florida are around $150 using 3M FX Premium Film. Does any one know if this is a good deal for this film?

Thanks,

APM

Imp180psu - Looks great. That is my color so it is a great reference. I am considering tint for mine when it comes in. I do not have it now. Does PA enforce the tint rules at all? In NY, you essentially can't tint at all, since the limit is 70%, and the stock tint in the factory windows is right at that number if you use a tint meter. I looked it up and see that PA has essentially the same rules as NY. Do you know what your windows measure out to be when they finished it?

No idea about the % measurement but probably 18% or so with the stock 70% factored in. Out where i am i have seen tint similar to this with no issues. I don't drive a lot in downtown cities so that may help. I think it is more of if you are driving recklessly etc. they will have a better reason to notice the tint or think it is an issue. I drive pretty conservatively now so that will help me.