MFT Update 3.5.1

Escapism

Wanted to start a new topic since this one is so very important. Many thanks to howie411 for posting on another topic. Wanted to report that I did a succesful install of V3.5.1 and reported it on my account at Sync My Ride. Note I dont have NAV. It took just under an hour, like 50 minutes. Used a brand new Sandisk USB drive, formatted and clean as a whistle. Not taking any chances. Followed the directions exactly and it went smooth. MFT screen seems faster now and it left my radio presets alone. As far as my iphone, I told it to "forget sync", then did a hard reboot on the iphone, then walk back out to my car and re-paired it. No problems, you dont have to type in the code anymore. Phonebook seemed to take a little longer to download. Maybe not. Lets all report back here and fill in the gaps. I really didn't have a whole lot of issues:

Clock issues - go figure

Black screen - maybe once or twice

phone unpairing - 3 times maybe

That is what it says to do and that is what I did. Hell, I didn't open a window, turn on a light, open a door or do anything that involves an electrical discharge of any kind, just to be safe. Besides, the voice activates and tells you to leave the car running.

PS. I have never been able to retrieve a vehicle health report until tonight. With my iPhone 4S iOS 6.0.1. I always got the message of a successful report in the car, but when I checked my email or Sync nothing was ever there. Tonight, after installing 3.5.1 I ran a report and it showed up in my Sync My Ride account. This is a good sign and I'm very happy.

Edited by Escapism

I think it says to start the process while in park. If you want to drive around, that's your call.. Like I said, when it comes to computers and updates and patches, I leave nothing to chance.

Now I can't find that. I must have dreamt it up. It's a TSB so the dealer has to perform it anyway, so they're just going to let it sit in the parking lot.

I think it says to start the process while in park. If you want to drive around, that's your call.. Like I said, when it comes to computers and updates and patches, I leave nothing to chance.

I just looked at the TSB again and it never mentions the word "driving". It is subject to interpretation.

Just dropped off my Escape, my service advisor was out (go figure) so the guy I was working with was like oh you just get that off the Sync Website, I was like umm no it needs to be done here since I need a new NAV SD card. He looked at me like I was crazy. Will see what happens when they call me later.

Just dropped off my Escape, my service advisor was out (go figure) so the guy I was working with was like oh you just get that off the Sync Website, I was like umm no it needs to be done here since I need a new NAV SD card. He looked at me like I was crazy. Will see what happens when they call me later.

One of the reasons I did the update myself. I wanted it done correctly.

I checked Sync My Ride this morning and currently there were no updates available for my car. Escapism, where did you obtain the update?

It was sent to the dealers via a TSB. The maps are only available through the dealer so it's not available on syncmyride.com;

I checked Sync My Ride this morning and currently there were no updates available for my car. Escapism, where did you obtain the update?

Its in one of our threads, the MFT/NAV Bugs...and. The post by howie411 (on page 3) has a link to the TSB, and within the TSB is the dropbox link, same link the dealers use.

It was sent to the dealers via a TSB. The maps are only available through the dealer so it's not available on syncmyride.com;

Is the current TSB update only for systems with NAV and only a map update, or is it a MFT system update? Other than a couple of clock resets and the system coming on when the car is started, mine has been working just fine, so I haven't been paying very close attention.

Is the current TSB update only for systems with NAV and only a map update, or is it a MFT system update? Other than a couple of clock resets and the system coming on when the car is started, mine has been working just fine, so I haven't been paying very close attention.

MFT update that also includes new map data.

My understanding is the TSB contains the MFT system update. The SD card that is only available at the dealer is what has the NAV updates on it. I do NOT have NAV or Parking Tech package and the update worked flawlessly. If you do this TSB update and you have the NAV package, then your NAV might not work. If you have NAV, best to do the whole thing at the dealer. From the way things look, even though I didn't purchase the NAV package, the software may still be imbedded in my system and I could purchase the SD card and activate NAV at a later date. Maybe someone can confirm this.

Edited by Escapism

My understanding is the TSB contains the MFT system update. The SD card that is only available at the dealer is what has the NAV updates on it. I do NOT have NAV or Parking Tech package and the update worked flawlessly. If you do this TSB update and you have the NAV package, then your NAV might not work. If you have NAV, best to do the whole thing at the dealer. From the way things look, even though I didn't purchase the NAV package, the software may still be imbedded in my system and I could purchase the SD card and activate NAV at a later date. Maybe someone can confirm this.

I'd be pretty pissed if all it needed was an SD card, I think the NAV package was an extra $850, and hell if paid $850 for a 2 gig SD card