MFT Update 3.5.1

Escapism

May be a coincidence, but since I did the MFT update, the one-touch feature on my front windows doesn't work. lol I have to hold the button down like those old fashion cars :)

Only on the front windows, back are still one-touch... weird!

That is strange. Did you do a master reset? That might resolve it. If not, I know there is a procedure to reprogram the window switches.

Well my navigation still isn't working properly. Today it took over 20 minutes and 15 miles before my system located the GPS signal. This certainly not comforting if and when I need to rely on it for directions.

I have the same issue - sometimes it will grab a signal within 3-4 minutes, sometimes it will take 45 minutes before it acquires a signal - one time it had me driving through Lake Michigan! I had a clear view of the sky the whole time. I'm still on v3.2.2

In one of the other threads there was mention of a TSB regarding the GPS signal issue - TSB 12-11-2. Has anyone tried to get their dealer to apply it aside from ladybird04?

http://www.blueovalf...vigation-issue/

Edited by macos95

I have the same issue - sometimes it will grab a signal within 3-4 minutes, sometimes it will take 45 minutes before it acquires a signal - one time it had me driving through Lake Michigan! I had a clear view of the sky the whole time. I'm still on v3.2.2

In one of the other threads there was mention of a TSB regarding the GPS signal issue - TSB 12-11-2. Has anyone tried to get their dealer to apply it aside from ladybird04?

http://www.blueovalf...vigation-issue/

My dealership called today and said the tech line suggested I disconnect the battery for 5 minutes outside. They said this hopefully will cause the navigation module to reboot and update......I'll give it a try.

Edited by rk2112

My dealership called today and said the tech line suggested I disconnect the battery for 5 minutes outside. They said this hopefully will cause the navigation module to reboot and update......I'll give it a try.

I hope you have better results than I did. I tried a battery pull 3-4 times as well as a mater reset, sometimes it will work but it always comes back.

Usually you disconnect the negative cable from the battery but after removing the plastic cover I could not see a way to get to it without some major work, so I ended up disconnecting the positive cable (and being careful not to touch anything metal with the post in the process)

I've been getting some resistance from my dealer about doing the 3.5.1/A4 update. Ford is hammering dealers for doing the update without symptoms.

But twice this weekend my whole system locked-up and 5 min later rebooted itself. Both times I was using the phone.

I have an appointment Wednesday morning for the update.

BTW- after the system rebooted, breadcrumbs worked. So did the current street/road being displayed under the compass on the home-screen.

I've been getting some resistance from my dealer about doing the 3.5.1/A4 update. Ford is hammering dealers for doing the update without symptoms.

But twice this weekend my whole system locked-up and 5 min later rebooted itself. Both times I was using the phone.

I have an appointment Wednesday morning for the update.

BTW- after the system rebooted, breadcrumbs worked. So did the current street/road being displayed under the compass on the home-screen.

Be patient, Ford is making the download available this month and sending out drives and SD cards next month.

Does anybody else notice the auto-dim 8" display changing brightness frequently at dawn/dusk? It's rather annoying - the ambient light levels aren't changing that much while I'm driving...and is there a difference from 3.2 to 3.5?

Try going to Settings, Display, Auto Dim Off.

You need to poke around a little more, this is basic MFT stuff.

Yeah, I did that - but I want it to auto dim. It doesn't smooth dim - it does it in steps, and therefore it's quite noticeable. Like on a back road it changes every few seconds. I did raise the brightness a while ago and it stopped, but after the rebooting the "almost flickering" is back although the settings haven't changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Be patient, Ford is making the download available this month and sending out drives and SD cards next month.

I checked the sync site today and it showed that an update was available. I'm at 3.2.2, without navigation. I'm downloading the update right now.

While I'm at it, I've just got to rant. The mft/sync buggy and unbelievably slow to respond to touch inputs. But not only that, but the syncmyride website is just as lame. Why is it so hard to download a file? They require either Active-X or Java in your browser. Really? Just let me download the file and I'll transfer it to a USB stick. And my god, this thing is going to take all day to download and the rate it's going right now.

I checked the sync site today and it showed that an update was available. I'm at 3.2.2, without navigation. I'm downloading the update right now.

While I'm at it, I've just got to rant. The mft/sync buggy and unbelievably slow to respond to touch inputs. But not only that, but the syncmyride website is just as lame. Why is it so hard to download a file? They require either Active-X or Java in your browser. Really? Just let me download the file and I'll transfer it to a USB stick. And my god, this thing is going to take all day to download and the rate it's going right now.

Its a 1.2 GB file. So yeah, it takes a wee bit to download.

Just had mine updated this morning, it does not look that issue has been fixed.

I just ran into this issue for the first time the other day, prior I didnt know what folks were talking about. Based off what happens it looked like it actually crashed the software. Because after the NAV system locked up, I switched to my MPG screen, and then I tried to make a phone call about 20 seconds later and it didn't understand Call XXXXX and then said rebuilding Word List or something to that effect.