New Recall

ffdemoss

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow maybe I should call and complain to the ford 800 number, the Tucson they gave us from enterprise isn't bad but it makes us miss the escape a lot. The wife hates it with everything she has.

If we're going to be in this for a while I'm going to be upset

Edited by SK360

Hi. I am new around here. Sorry for all of you with the recalls, that is never an easy thing to deal with both practically as well as how you feel about your new vehicle. I have had my escape for about a month, my previous focus got totaled. Was looking to get a new focus but decided to move up to an escape. I went with the base model for a couple reasons, price of course but just as important to me was that it had the 2.5L engine that has been around so I felt like it was a compromise on a new car line in its first year out.

So far glad I made that decision. But really just wanted to introduce myself and to tell all you 1.6 owners I understand your feelings. I am sure they will get it worked out and you will still end up loving your car. Hopefully this is the last recall for all of us.

I am talking to my Dealer tomorrow on trading my 1.6 to the 2.0 we are going to look at the numbers to see what kind of beating I would take if I make the trade. I am getting tired of all the recalls plus my vehicle has excessive rattles and squeaks that they cant fix and a dash panel that keeps popping out that they also cant seem to fix.

I am talking to my Dealer tomorrow on trading my 1.6 to the 2.0 we are going to look at the numbers to see what kind of beating I would take if I make the trade. I am getting tired of all the recalls plus my vehicle has excessive rattles and squeaks that they cant fix and a dash panel that keeps popping out that they also cant seem to fix.

Well, I guess you must like the Escape to go for a round two. If I were a betting man I would of lost that one.

hehehe well I thought I would get a better deal since i would hope they could feel my pain. But no such luck, I would lose about 10k on the trade after speaking to 3 ford dealers. Looks like I am stuck unless I trade down. It is something I will really have to think about.

Can I assume no one has heard anything from their dealer regarding a fix? I've now been without my Escape for 6 days and my dealer's service department hasn't heard a peep from Ford. They have a ton of new 1.6L Escapes on their lot that I'm sure they'd like to resume demo'ing and selling. Hopefully they'll hit the customer vehicles first before servicing their own unsold inventory.

Can I assume no one has heard anything from their dealer regarding a fix? I've now been without my Escape for 6 days and my dealer's service department hasn't heard a peep from Ford. They have a ton of new 1.6L Escapes on their lot that I'm sure they'd like to resume demo'ing and selling. Hopefully they'll hit the customer vehicles first before servicing their own unsold inventory.

I talked to my dealer yesterday who called FORD.

NO fix yet ...

My new escape arrived yesterday all I could do is sit in it they would not let me even test drive it

I am now driveing a new SEL 2.0 which they gave me till the fix.

2.0 gets 18 miles per gallon around town and about 25 on the Hwy.

Looking forward to more than just sitting in my own Escape

Edited by mikeo56

I talked to my dealer yesterday who called FORD.

NO fix yet ...

My new escape arrived yesterday all I could do is sit in it they would not let me even test drive it

I am now driveing a new SEL 2.0 which they gave me till the fix.

2.0 gets 18 miles per gallon around town and about 25 on the Hwy.

Looking forward to more than just sitting in my own Escape

Since you are in the great position of not yet having taken delivery, perhaps you should work with your dealer to get you an Escape equipped like your order except a 2.0?

Since you are in the great position of not yet having taken delivery, perhaps you should work with your dealer to get you an Escape equipped like your order except a 2.0?

True.... but I think I will wait till we see what the problem realy is before I try that.

The main reason we wint with ford and the 1.6 was the MPG

I want better than 18 and 24 in the 2.0

the 2.0 is rated 22/30. Only 1 - 2 less than the 1.6

Might be rated that I am getting 18 in town and I live in a small town, no hills ,no traffic to push me along ,so I am really easy with the peddle,

it is a 4x4 which could make the difference I want a 2WD

We shall see what comes up with the fix.

I took mine into the dealer last Saturday. They gave me a 2010 Ford Explorer that had the ugliest interior ever, not only that I was only getting 12 mpg, so I took it back to the dealer and they gave me a 2008 Taurus, which gets better gas mileage and is nicer inside, but has like 84K miles on it. I asked for a rental car and they said they would only give me one of their loaner cars but I overheard them saying they are charging the loaner car to the recall, which is just one of their trade in cars sitting on the lot. Seems like they are trying to make a buck off of it.Frustrates me that I bought a brand new vehicle, cant drive it and they stick me in a used vehicle for an unknown amount of time with something that doesnt have any bells and whistles.

Ford won't recall EcoBoost vehicles in Europe

Chris Woodyard, USA TODAYShare

0 Comments

Ford says there is no pattern to the seven fires under hoods reported there

fordeurope-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a4ec

(Photo: Peter Dejong/ AP)

Story Highlights

• Ford won't recall any of the models with 1.6-liter turbocharged engines in Europe
  • It recalled 2013 Fusions and Escapes with the engines in the U.S. on Friday
  • Seven fires were reported in Europe and 12 in the U.S.

7:26PM EST December 6. 2012 - Ford Motor is opting not to recall vehicles in Europe with the same 1.6-liter EcoBoost turbocharged engine that is the focus of a recall in the U.S.

"We conducted a thorough investigation of the vehicles in Europe with the 1.6-liter engine and determined there is no similar issue in Europe and no need for recall," Ford of Europe spokesman Mark Truby tells USA TODAY.

Ford reported earlier this week that it was probing seven fires in vehicles in Europe equipped with the engine. On Friday, it ordered the recall of 73,320 2013 Ford Escape crossovers and 15,833 Fusion sedans in the U.S. with the fuel-saving engine after 12 fires were reported.

Owners of U.S. are being told to contact their dealers for loaner vehicles until Ford figures out what is causing overheating, and the subsequent fires, and comes up with a solution.

The engine under scrutiny is still being made in a United Kingdom factory. More than 80,000 have been made there since 2010 in six vehicles lines -- Ford Focus, C-Max, C-Max Grand, Mondeo, Galaxy and S-Max. Yet engineer there determined the fires didn't appear connected and no recall is deemed necessary.

In the U.S., Ford says in a letter to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that drivers received warning on their vehicles' instrument panels that their cars were overheating before the fire began. No injuries have been reported.

They didn't say they "didn't find anything wrong with the engine". They said they didn't need a recall.

So, I'm obviously reading this wrong?

"We conducted a thorough investigation of the vehicles in Europe with the 1.6-liter engine and determined there is no similar issue in Europe and no need for recall," Ford of Europe spokesman Mark Truby tells USA TODAY.

Same engine, right? "No similar issue" leads me to believe Ford of Europe couldn't find anything wrong. /shrug

"No similar issue" leads me to believe Ford of Europe couldn't find anything wrong. /shrug

I just read that to say they didn't think it was the same problem as the U.S. and therefore a recall was not required. There were 7 fires so obviously there is some problem somewhere unless they're saying all 7 fires were the result of human error by the driver/owner.