New Recall

ffdemoss

Mulally won't put up with that for a second especially with lives on the line.

Things have changed over at Ford. When they knew the power steering pump was faulty it caused a few deaths. It took a multi million dollar civil suit to get them to listen.

•  

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to band together and demand a free trade up to the 2.0 or purchase trade value on another Ford Vehicle. I have a feeling that we will not be seeing our vehicles very soon. Or just a plain buy out if you dont want to chance another Ford vehicle

Edited by Tazzel

Even though I have the Titanium, I'm getting tired of telling my family, friends and co-workers "but I have the 2 liter engine, so I'm fine, it doesn't affect me". Still, Ford is making me wonder if I should sell it and move on.

PS. I don't know, but something is telling me this recall is a software issue of some sort.

Edited by Escapism

PS. I don't know, but something is telling me this recall is a software issue of some sort.

How could software cause fluids to leak and catch fire?

Good luck trying to get rid of it, I have been shopping around to dump it, even Ford doesnt want it and most other dealers are saying no trade. But you may have better luck with the Titanium

Edited by Tazzel

Ford is making me wonder if I should sell it and move on.

And take a tremendous beating on the sale? I think Ford can find and fix this. On the up side the local dealer who has 85 Escapes on his lot is given great deals. A loaded Titanium is out the door at 30K with a sticker price of 35K. Even in the color I like....

And take a tremendous beating on the sale? I think Ford can find and fix this. On the up side the local dealer who has 85 Escapes on his lot is given great deals. A loaded Titanium is out the door at 30K with a sticker price of 35K. Even in the color I like....

Wow 85 Escapes? Colorado Dealers are lucky to have 2 or 3 at a time.

What is considered loaded? I think a fully loaded (Nav, Leather, Sunroof and Parking) Titanium AWD goes for 37k (MSRP) I hope the prices are not dropping to badly, I paid 34k out the door for mine.

Yes, loaded..

Installed

• NAVIGATION
  • 401A EQUIPMENT GROUP ORDER CODE -inc: titanium technology pkg, cargo cover, silver roof side rails w/crossbars, 110V outlet, hands-free liftgate, HID headlamps, reverse sensing system
  • 2.0L I4 ECOBOOST ENGINE -inc: 3.07 final drive ratio
  • PARKING TECHNOLOGY PKG -inc: auto park, BLIS w/CTA, rain-sensing wipers, front park assist, rear view camera, rear park assist
  • FROSTED GLASS METALLIC
  • PWR PANORAMA ROOF
  • (4) ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS

30.3K less my $500 NAPO discount.

Edited by rscalzo

We are all going to need a parachute

Did you think the car would appreciate instead of depreciate? Discounts are always higher as the model year goes on and it moves farther away from the initial release. In two months they can start accepting orders on the 2014 model year. So if they don't take delivery of another Escape until then, they have 85 to sell. When the 2014's start rolling in during late July, They will have to discount the remaining 2013's. This dealer has always been aggressive in their pricing.

I was wondering the same thing. Has anyone gotten Ford to make a payment on their Escape because it is sitting at the dealer for the recall? I hope they keep mine for over 30 days (today is day 7) so I can start the Lemon Law process because we want a buy back if possible. 4 recalls in not even a year is enough for us to say "bye bye" Escape!

Still no news on the fix on the "wires".

I was hoping today would be the day, still early though.

Anyone hear anything?

This I found interesting.

Ford said it is issuing the recall after reports of engine overheating that was followed by engine fires while the vehicle is running after reports of 13 fires, including 12 in Ford Escapes.

Ford told the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration late Friday that the first report of an Escape fire was on Sept. 7 in Florida from a vehicle that didn't have an engine dipstick, which allowed oil to be expelled. A second fire was reported Sept. 24 in Virginiaand a third fireon Oct. 22 in Arizona.

Since Nov. 8, Ford has become aware of five more fires. Ford formed a task force Nov. 12 to investigate the fires. In total, Ford said it is aware of nine fires in the United States — including a pre-delivery fire in Tennessee and two fires at the Louisville Assembly plant.

NV law states:

The 30 day period is extended by any period of time in which the necessary repairs

cannot be made for reasons that are beyond the control of the manufacturer, its agent or

authorized dealer. The time the express warranty is in effect and the one year period are

extended by any period of time during which repair services are not reasonably available

to the buyer because of war, invasion, strike, fire, flood, or other natural disaster.

Refunds are less use of the vehicle charges which mean you lose money. My sister went through it and it was far from filing the claim and getting a check the next week. It was long and drawn out.

Thanks for the link. I had checked earlier this morning and didn't see it posted. I'm curious what the "unique certain operating conditions" are which cause the cooling system to lose pressure. At least I'll have my car back next week, hopefully. Mine was the first Escape to turn up at my local dealer as a result of the recall. I'm assuming it is first come, first served. I just hope the dealer addresses customer vehicles before servicing their unsold inventory.