Condensation on Lower Back window

nmadole

Took my car in today to get a scuff on one of my rims cleaned up and had them look at the condensation. They said there is an engineering tag out on the condensation. It is going to be a common problem in 2013 Fusions due to the slope of the back windshield, Especially in cold climates... The solution is simple sitting it in a heated garage for the day.. Condensation is gone :)

Took my car in today to get a scuff on one of my rims cleaned up and had them look at the condensation. They said there is an engineering tag out on the condensation. It is going to be a common problem in 2013 Fusions due to the slope of the back windshield, Especially in cold climates... The solution is simple sitting it in a heated garage for the day.. Condensation is gone :)

Won't the rear window defogger take care of this?

• 3 months later...

I've noticed the car lets it self get a little moister than it should be... With the fan on Auto and defrost and foot vents on the front window is still a little fogged making it hard to see when other cars lights are on.

I usually have to turn up the temp to 24c and the fan to one bar past half to get it to un-fog...

Edited by expresspotato

mmm....I read on another forum that there was an issue with the installation of the rear window on some of the 2013s. You'll notice we don't have trim around the glass. IIRC the issue was related to how the glass is laid in place. If not proper & even, the "gasket" can get displaced during install (the glass won't be properly sealed), resulting in condensation inside.

I'd ask my dealer about this, maybe see if there's a way to check closely.