Mindless Drabble Thread

DarkeRetribution

http://www.fuelly.co...kyle2007/fusion

Just thought I'd leave this here for people to look at.

My hat's off to Ann - apparently she's damn good at driving a hybrid!

It could be user selectable. In fact, the Camry Hybrid (and perhaps other Toyota Hybrids) does modulate throttle response differently if the user selects "Eco mode".

My wife's Hyundai has this, to quote Charles Barkley "it's tuurible...turrible" I can regulate the throttle/shifting better than it can - permanently off.

Edited by Bailey151

You all might want to stop blaming Ford and start looking at the EPA. Ford follows the guidelines..........it's their fault what is entailed in the guidelines doesn't match up? Example - you expect at least that mpg, why? The EPA doesn't, they expect within 20%.

False advertising? Pffft, not hardly. Ford advertises it as the highest mpg gas mid-sized sedan............it is, beats the Camry by 1, even at it's worst.

Read somewhere hypermilers getting the C-max to return 60 something mpg......can I do that? Nope, one drive around the block told me it would be too much work to achieve the rating.

You want 40+mpg & drive it "any way you want" then you'd better head to the VW dealer as that's the only damn place you're going to get it. Hybrids require technique to achieve high mpg.

Has the public been duped into believing the numbers on the sticker are set in stone? Absolutely - nobody really yells "fat chance" when talking about the EPA's guidelines.

Also, remember the testing is flawed - it's centered around 90+% of the vehicles on the road......gassers, for which it's fairly accurate. Hybrids & diesels? Not so much.

Okay, I'll make a deal with you - I'll stop that & you stop being a whiny consumer who couldn't be bothered to educate themselves on what was entailed in achieving high mpg in a hybrid, or how the EPA guidelines work, or a consumer who expects miracles (get 47 no matter how I drive).

I'm sorry, I drove a C-MAX around the block & figured there was no way I'd get 47. All I needed was to see what it took to engage the gas engine - too much work for me.

I'll repeat - find another 3,500 lb mid sized sedan that gets real world 40mpg or better........................ONE.......a Passat & that's diesel.

iPhone? LMAO - tells me a lot, has there ever been a company that under delivers more than Apple?

Trolls with nothing to add will be ignored.

Edited by DarkeRetribution

It could be user selectable. In fact, the Camry Hybrid (and perhaps other Toyota Hybrids) does modulate throttle response differently if the user selects "Eco mode".

I only tried it briefly on a test drive and didn't like it, in general.

But I could see that I might use it occasionally (and no, not when merging with highway traffic).

I could see that, and would actually welcome that, as long as it is user select-able and not the computer overriding your wishes all of the time. I would love to have a different "tune" for eco mode vs. performance mode vs. towing mode/etc in my truck, but I don't want to spend an extra $1k on a programmer to get it.

Apparently Bailey had something to add since he wasn't ignored.

What you should say is:

People who I think have nothing to add simply because they don't agree with my idea that the sky is falling since not all FFH's get the estimated fuel economy numbers will be dismissed as trolls.

• Like 4

I would think that the confusion is coming from the gauge within the car that calculates the MPGs. I would recommend that people use Fuelly to give them a more accurate calculation of the fuel economy.

Thanks for posting that Camride, I hope that more Hybrids show up on the road soon (espically mine) this way I can start posting my stats on Fuelly.

Here's what's interesting... and take this from an educated college student that has learned that much of the public like's to think they are informed and knowledgeable and...right.. when they are really only moved by their own personal biases, no matter how conscious or unconscious.

This post goes out to everyone defending Ford.

Most of you do not own or have not received a 2013 Ford Fusion of any kind. The others that are posting here are driving 2013 Ford Fusion GAS models. Personally, I feel none of you that fit in the previously mentioned sentence have a right to say ANYTHING about hybrids because (1) if you have ever driven one you probably have not owned one long enough to say any of the claims only true hybrid drivers should be saying.

Also, you're all biased in the fact that, if you do have a 2013 Fusion in your garage...be it an S, SE or Titanium...you aren't facing MPG challenges that are 10 MPG lower than the 22 MPG EPA estimates. Because of this you focus on the rest of the car as a whole and its unbelievably good quality...so in your mind this is the perfect car...good everything, good gas mileage so you say YOU ALL GETTING THE HYBRID NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE IT CAUSE IT DRIVES PERFECTLY...THOSE ARE ESTIMATES..BLAH BLAH CRAP SHOOTING.

1- But you better believe if your 22 MPG was actually 12 MPG for your gas engine you would be pissed. If your 200+ HP was actually 150+ you would be pissed because, while you did buy the car for other reasons, the main driving functions of the car- call them your "basic needs" wouldn't be met and you'd be pissed. But because you're getting your mediocre MPG anyway you can enjoy the finer parts of Fusion. Keep this in mind next time you choose to blast hybrid prospective buyers because to them MPG IS EVERYTHING...and yes it's an important decision because all the other features of the fusion come with the gas model...so the MPG IS WHAT YOU'RE PAYING THE PREMIUM FOR...so dont blast them because they are the ones investing in a hybrid not you...so they are the ones that have the worry not you...So take your Ford defending somewhere else because we aren't bashing Ford for creating a messed up car, we are curious to say the least why the hybrid model fails to perform its expectations...the publics expectations and Fords very own.

2- Ford dealers nationwide and Ford official videos are all calling this "America's most fuel efficient midsized sedan" 47 highway / 47 city / 47 combined...EVERYWHERE...no where do they say its actually 20% less...so you're looking at around 9.4 MPG less give or take. So that is false advertising because in commercials they can list the fine print at the very bottom...that isn't done by official ford representatives and dealers to customers at time of purchase or in advertising videos that make it on Youtube or their website.

3- Yes this car is 3,500 pounds...yes it is a midsized sedan...but none of that matters. The facts are it is a car that can get an advertised 47 MPG combined...it doesnt matter if its as big as a blue whale...if it is advertised at 47 MPG combined then that is what you should be expected to get...your ideas are clouded because once again you do not own the new hybrid, have not purchased one, or have a gas guzzler in your garage that is getting its advertised MPG or better. This concern lies with the hybrid/energi owners only and they have a right to be concerned when a majority of these cars can not meet EPA estimates. The reason Ford is being audited is because it is failing to reach real world expectations and so they are doing more tests (or using CR testing methods instead of their own) to see just what the Fusion MPG should be (if it needs to be changed at all) I praise this because while i bought this car for all of its advanced features, its main selling point for the hybrid over me owning a prius that made it hands down was the fact that it was only 3 MPG less than the Prius so that made it a hands down decision for me to look at what else it had to offer...now that i see MPG is barely in the 40s...that puts finding the best fuel efficient sedan back on the table as well...and im not the only person with this view...so does all the other people interested in the hybrid because for us MPG IS WHAT WE ARE PAYING EXTRA FOR... I didnt pay for "oh my gosh im so lucky to get over 35 MPG in a hybriid" I paid for "47 MPG combined" and like anyone else would be fine with anywhere from 43- 50...but 37.5-39 MPG seriously?

The point is...anyone with a gas model has no right to bash hybrid prospective buyers or anyone with a hybrid or speak as if they know hybrids best because they for one know why they DIDNT buy a hybrid. Leave the facts, speculation, and blame for the people who are willing to invest in this expensive trim, have driven hybrids before, and are at least interested in it..because they are the ones who are Fords customers for the hybrid/energi...not you other gas buyers. And because the rest of us are willing to invest thousands more for a hybrid powertrain we have a right to know it can at least perform 47 MPG easily..instead of one week in june when the weather is the hottest and not the rest of the year. The EPA audit will help clarify any debates and ensure the public is properly informed and that the 47 MPG combined is indeed accurate and that is all we can ask for as hybrid buyers.

The very least this can mean is that at dealerships ford salespersons and in videos ford makes marketing the hybrid they will now say this car gets an astonishing 47 MPG combined, but typical drivers can expect to reach 41 MPG on average. Telling this to a customer up front is keeping the customer informed and prevents upsetting customers after they have purchased or pre-ordered your vehicle based on Ford's own speculation of what MPG can actually be achieved. And I think it would be much better if people were told 41 MPG realistically because then you can better compare it to a 50 MPG prius or a camry hybrid etc...instead of comparing 47 MPG to the other vehicles and thinking the fusion hybrid is a hands down decision...which is currently what Ford is doing deceptively.

• Like 1

Most of you do not own or have not received a 2013 Ford Fusion of any kind. The others that are posting here are driving 2013 Ford Fusion GAS models. Personally, I feel none of you that fit in the previously mentioned sentence have a right to say ANYTHING about hybrids because (1) if you have ever driven one you probably have not owned one long enough to say any of the claims only true hybrid drivers should be saying.

I guess I missed the pictures of YOUR FFH...

I'm glad I must have something to add since you haven't ignored me! :P

Here's what's interesting... and take this from an educated college student that has learned that much of the public like's to think they are informed and knowledgeable and...right.. when they are really only moved by their own personal biases, no matter how conscious or unconscious.

Just how rude can you get?

I'll chime in to say that I am around a 43mpg lifetime average over the first 2400 miles of my FFH. On the warmest winter days (~60 degrees) I am able to get to 46mpg+ on my 76 mile round trip for work. Having never driven a hybrid before this car, it does take a lot more work than I expected to get to that mpg. If I don't try to maximize my EV mode driving, like when I'm rushed, my average mpg takes a nose dive to around 38/39mpg just like consumer reports has reported. This car is still the best balance of size vs fuel economy and was the right choice for me.

• Like 3

I guess I missed the pictures of YOUR FFH...

I have ordered a FFH SE originally and in early November made the switch over to the FFH Titanium. So this does affect me as a prospective buyer and an awaiting owner.

I don't see how this has anything to do with Fusion gas owners as they are using their blatant love of their new fusion to defend Ford even if they don't know it. Even the recalls don't affect them unless they were personally asked to give up their new fusion for weeks until it was fixed. That would change their tune as well.

I just dont understand why fusion gas buyers flock to fusion hybrid MPG threads as if they know what they are talking about. They are getting piss poor MPG compared to the hybrid and should be glad that piss poor MPG is accurate for their sedan...let the hybrid buyers like me be concerned about our vehicles if all gas buyers are going to do is defend Ford and actually state nothing the rest of the world didnt know already. If this wasn't a problem the EPA wouldn't be investigating it...so get a life or go in your fusion and drive around the block burning a gallon of gas until you feel better lol.

...and no herman..Stating my knowledge of the human mind and how the dynamics of cognitive and social psch affect everything from how we perceive our world to talk sh!t in forums doesn't make me rude. It just lets me stand apart from the real rude people in this forum talking as if they know it all and putting me down and anyone who questions Ford and hybrid MPG. Those are the real rude people. I'm not ignorant, anyone who is interested in the 2013 FFH/energi real world MPG are not ignorant and the EPA choosing to investigate Fords MPG claims aren't ignorant...It's everyone acting childish in this forum that don't need to that are rude.

Can we get back to the point of this thread now?

2013 Fusion Hybrid Faces Audit From EPA Due To Poor MPG Reports

I have ordered a FFH SE originally and in early November made the switch over to the FFH Titanium. So this does affect me as a prospective buyer and an awaiting owner.

So, you don't have any more real-world experience that anyone else on here that doesn't have a FFH. Gotcha, at least that is clear now.

Oh, and as a Ford shareholder and a Ford fan, this affects me as well. Most-likely, more than it does you (in pure $$$ numbers).

...It's everyone acting childish in this forum that don't need to that are rude.

Because posting this whenever someone posts a thought-provoking, fact-based statement isn't childish. Ummm, OK.

If you would listen to what any of us are saying, you will see that we are trying to discuss the point of the thread. You just simply don't want to hear the side of the argument that doesn't agree with you 100%.

• Like 1

I'll chime in to say that I am around a 43mpg lifetime average over the first 2400 miles of my FFH. On the warmest winter days (~60 degrees) I am able to get to 46mpg+ on my 76 mile round trip for work. Having never driven a hybrid before this car, it does take a lot more work than I expected to get to that mpg. If I don't try to maximize my EV mode driving, like when I'm rushed, my average mpg takes a nose dive to around 38/39mpg just like consumer reports has reported. This car is still the best balance of size vs fuel economy and was the right choice for me.

I agree and as long as the new fusion gets in the 40s I'll be fine. Not even the more expensive cars being sold right now look as good as the fusion (even though they probably perform much better) But being my first car...ever... i dont have anything to relate it to as far as quality goes so it seems just right to me. Looks upscale and is feature rich and i'm a tech guy. For me the fusion is still a hands down choice..i'm getting one...but based on the EPA audit the fusion hybrid may or may not be the trim i'll be getting. I seriously doubt the EPA audit will change and if it does I am sure we are still looking at low to mid 40s here and that is exceptional MPG considering a car of this magnitude in the midsized segment. I think you'd be crazy to order a different car on MPG alone, but you'd also be crazy to skip out on the hybrid as long as it gets you in the 40s at least.

So, you don't have any more real-world experience that anyone else on here that doesn't have a FFH. Gotcha, at least that is clear now.

Oh, and as a Ford shareholder and a Ford fan, this affects me as well. Most-likely, more than it does you (in pure $$$ numbers).

Because posting this whenever someone posts a thought-provoking, fact-based statement isn't childish. Ummm, OK.

If you would listen to what any of us are saying, you will see that we are trying to discuss the point of the thread. You just simply don't want to hear the side of the argument that doesn't agree with you 100%.

Dude, you need to calm the f. down. You being a shareholder means nothing except that you're proud of the new fusion and hope it sells well so you make money...Yeah you and everyone that works at Ford. What was that suppose to mean anyway? If anyone says anything negative about the car it threatens your investment so of course you would defend it...like I stated earlier..people like you with nothing to add to this thread don't belong here. Thank you.

Second dude, No where in this thread did I say anything about "real-world experience". I never claimed I did. I did claim, however, that this thread is for PROSPECTIVE HYBRID BUYERS OR ANYONE WHO HAS ORDERED THE HYBRID (LIKE ME) because in reality we are the ones who are purchasing this vehicle and will keep the EPA's audit in mind and follow up on it. The only reason why you would is because if they do find anything negative, low and behold if your precious Ford stock goes down as faith and sales in the hybrid drop...go screw yourself. Men like you piss me off because you love to fight and if your opponent says anything that is correct you pick the stupidest things to outline or defend your case with..things that don't even make sense, are taken completely out of context, or purposely curved to fit your stupid ideas and insults.

You're a Ford fan? Well I can see why you're such an ignorant fan boy now. I'll be sure when i get my fusion hybrid titanium I love the car just enough to not turn into a blind Ford slave like you. Why don't you turn in your 2008 F250 for a new fusion...try one of the ones that catch on fire. Stock holder like you deserves something special.

OK, well that truly does explain a lot. I think it's time you stop talking down to those of us that have been driving for years, and truly do understand how fuel economy works. You've got a lot to learn my friend...

Oh really? And how does owning a car truly make you understand how fuel economy works exactly? How does it mean you're more qualified in all your years driving a truck or school bus to a hybrid? I guess I need to have a landline phone for a few years to truly understand how a rotary phone operates, or be an experienced deep sea diver to truly appreciate life on land.

For your information, not that you considered it. This is not my first vehicle...just my first car...so based on your claims that only a person who has driving for years I guess I should at least know as much as you right?

Unfortunately your claim is as stupidly justified as it is just stupid in the first place...but look at you..tough man Ford stockholder with lots of shet to say to new Ford customers..You've got a lot to learn my friend...

I can't trade my truck in for a Fusion, since I would then have a fifth wheel with nothing to tow it with. But, if I could, I would have no problem owning a Fusion with the 1.6L (though I would prefer the hybrid for the better fuel economy). I also had two F150's that were supposed to catch fire because of the cruise control switch, spit spark plugs, seize spark plugs, have horrible cam phasers, etc. I realize that there are problems with vehicles, and that $hit happens, but I'm also positive enough to know that small problems don't mean the sky is falling. Hell, I owned a Bronco II for crying out loud, and I STILL drive Fords!

With that, I'm done. You've resorted to personal attacks (and obviously no nothing about me) and care about nobody's opinion but your own, or those that align with yours, so I give up. You fit in rather well with a few of those that troll around here, refusing to listen to reason, and just try to keep stirring the pot in an attempt to push their agenda across. Good day to you!

Or, as I should have just said: "OK!"

"The very least this can mean is that at dealerships ford salespersons and in videos ford makes marketing the hybrid they will now say this car gets an astonishing 47 MPG combined, but typical drivers can expect to reach 41 MPG on average. Telling this to a customer up front is keeping the customer informed and prevents upsetting customers after they have purchased or pre-ordered your vehicle based on Ford's own speculation of what MPG can actually be achieved."

DR: I agree with this. Ford would not have lost a significant number of buyers if they had used (or will use) this tactic, and there would be a lot fewer headaches to deal with.

"I'll chime in to say that I am around a 43mpg lifetime average over the first 2400 miles of my FFH. On the warmest winter days (~60 degrees) I am able to get to 46mpg+ on my 76 mile round trip for work. Having never driven a hybrid before this car, it does take a lot more work than I expected to get to that mpg. If I don't try to maximize my EV mode driving, like when I'm rushed, my average mpg takes a nose dive to around 38/39mpg just like consumer reports has reported. This car is still the best balance of size vs fuel economy and was the right choice for me."

FH: This is my experience also.

The current cold weather is having a significant effect on MPG. Even if the battery is fully charged, the ICE will run just to keep the whole system warm. I decided this morning not to constantly monitor it for a while. Even if I don't baby it, I'm still getting more than twice the MPG of my previous car, so I'm going to just enjoy the Fusion driving experience and drive as I did before, usually as the leader of the pack. I was starting to irritate my wife a little anyway. She prefers getting places in close to the shortest amount of time. It's not like I can't afford to buy an additional gallon or two of gas a week.

My FFH has always given me the power I needed when it was necessary. Not once have I felt I needed more. You can use the ECO Cruise option but this affects the acceleration only when the Cruise Control is engaged. At all times, if you floor it, the Fusion responds. When everyone here gets their FFH, we're going to be one big happy family.

• Like 2

Quote Mr. Darke: "Men like you piss me off because you love to fight and if your opponent says anything that is correct you pick the stupidest things to outline or defend your case with..things that don't even make sense, are taken completely out of context, or purposely curved to fit your stupid ideas and insults."

Mr. (or Mrs.??????) Darke,

Have you looked in the mirror lately or does your dark persona not show up in a mirror. You, my friend are what some would call a book educated, know nothing smart ass!

I'm sick of listening to your crap! This from one who owns & drives a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid.

Edited by scott029
  • Like 3

I don't even have to read the content of the posts in here to know how this is going :)

I figure I look at fuelly. we have a couple folks that are meeting or exceeding it. the rest aren't.

I figure that the first couple thousand miles don't count really. and I figure that many folks are not used to driving hybrids. It may even be their first one. it will be for me.

I figure it's winter and things are going to be less efficient.

mostly, I figure it is WAY premature to be making any statements.

• Like 2