HID's

nmadole

I decided to put HID's in my Low Beams/ Fog Lights on my 13' FFH. I ordered them from DDM Tuning Tonight. 7-10 Business days and I'll have them. I installed HID's in my last car so we will see how this goes.

I purchased 35 Watt 5000K for both sets of lights. Plus I purchased a Relay harness for all of them.. just to make sure I have aqaquete power at all times to the ballast's... When I put them in I will take pictures and put a write up on the forum...

Anyone else jumping on the HID's bandwagon?

Edited by nmadole

Will the installation bet troublesome or troublefree? Is it more than just simply swapping out the bulbs?

From what I have read, it is a troublesome process on the 13'. access to the bulbs is tight... It is always more than just swapping bulp.... You have to mount new ballasts and in my case ill be running relay harnesses for all 4 lights to ensure proper ignition

• Like 1

I'd definitely be interested in seeing a write up and pictures on this. I think I may go with HIDs as well in my car, but have never done so before. I'm looking for a white light, so I'll probably go with the 5000k as well.

I will make sure to take pictures and do a proper write up after they arrive... Will probably be 2weeks or so ... I am going to try and install them without removing the bumper

• Like 1

Wow, someone's a little skeptical about warranty if you think lights will effect it.....

Every single one of my new vehicles that has been new has has mods and most have been in for something warranty related and never have had a problem! Just saying.

Edited by B8BB8B
  • Like 2

Urgggg, why couldnt dynamic LED's be an option on the 2013 fusion like they are on the 2013 mondeo...ill probably have to wait until i see more pics of awesome fusion mods and prices to pop up before ill jump in and make any headlight mods. I'll most likely need a professional too unless you live around my area :P

Edited by DarkeRetribution

Urgggg, why couldnt dynamic LED's be an option on the 2013 fusion like they are on the 2013 mondeo...ill probably have to wait until i see more pics of awesome fusion mods and prices to pop up before ill jump in and make any headlight mods. I'll most likely need a professional too unless you live around my area :P

2013 Mondeo has been delayed until 2014. They delay may explain why the LED units aren't available on the '13 Fusion.

Oh yes, I too want the LED DRL from the Mondeo. I was tempted to wait for the 2014 MY to see if maybe they add it as an option, but I'm not sure my car will make it another year. So I am going to order in January. Maybe if they do release it for the 2014 MY, there will be a way to retrofit it into our vehicles.

I did a search on PNP HID mods just a few days ago and saw a thread talking about headlight "mods" being rejected upon detection by states with inspection processes as a violation of the Federal headlight standard.

Good Luck,

TerryBlauser

Good thing cars in Michigan don't need to pass an inspection. :)

• Like 1

I did a search on PNP HID mods just a few days ago and saw a thread talking about headlight "mods" being rejected upon detection by states with inspection processes as a violation of the Federal headlight standard.

Good Luck,

TerryBlauser

You only need to worry about that if you have extremely strict inspection laws, like CA. I had some people tell me the same thing about my Audi (which had HIDs as an option, but mine didn't come with them) and I never had any trouble in NC. As long as you've done a proper implementation and aren't running a bare HID bulb in a reflector housing you'll likely be fine.

And I'll be doing a DDM Tuning 55W kit. That's what I've had in my Audi and it has worked flawlessly for 4 years up until 2 weeks ago when a bulb burned out.

Edited by Camride
  • Like 1

You only need to worry about that if you have extremely strict inspection laws, like CA. I had some people tell me the same thing about my Audi (which had HIDs as an option, but mine didn't come with them) and I never had any trouble in NC. As long as you've done a proper implementation and aren't running a bare HID bulb in a reflector housing you'll likely be fine.

CA has plenty of tight regulations, but vehicle inspections are not one of them, don't have to do them at all. Guess its just natural to assume so.