Fusion Hybrid Titanium General Discussion

elle

If my order just went in this week, which it did, but my dealer does not have any other titanium orders, does that mean I could be scheduled before someone who ordered from another dealer a month or two ago, if that other dealer has several orders. this whole allocation thing is a bit confusing.

Each dealer gets a certain amount of vehicles allocated to them each build cycle (weekly I think). It depends on how many vehicles they've sold in the past and recently.

If your dealer has allocation this week for 3 vehicles and there are 5 on order then the first 3 get built this week based on lowest priority first. Since Ford requires dealer stock orders to have a higher priority than retail (customer) orders the retail orders should always be built first. Assuming of course that the orders are buildable and nothing is on hold.

The next time that dealer gets allocation the other 2 will be built. There is no way to really know whether a dealer has allocation or not or how many orders are in queue ahead of yours. But if you have a priority of 10 then that's your best bet to get the car built as soon as possible.

Titanium or SE doesn't matter when it comes to allocation or priority.

If your dealer is out of allocation but another dealer does have allocation then orders for the other dealer will be built first while your dealer's orders wait until allocation is available.

The only way around this is if Ford uses retail order verification. In that case Ford builds the retail order without regard for allocation and that order does not count against the dealer's normal allocation for dealer stock. I wish they would do this on all retail orders but you have dealers who will game the system to get more cars (fake retail orders e.g.).

It's a difficult job for Ford to ensure that dealers get enough cars to sell but not too many so as to monopolize the local market.

I saw a post or two around here that Fusion retail orders are currently subject to the "Retail Verification Program" which means that when you place an order, a copy of your driver's license is made and submitted to Ford so that they verify that it really is for a human customer and not for a fictitious name as a ruse just to get more cars on the way as dealer stock. And as part of this, the verified retail orders do not count against a dealer's allocation otherwise. There was a post here back in October from someone who placed a retail order and didn't see and status on it for a couple months, turns out his dealer didn't know about the verification process and so it wasn't accepted yet... and I read that post the day after I placed my order, which or course caused me to send an email to my salesman and his sales manager, at that time they said they were not familiar with it but would check with their regional POC (so maybe crisis averted for me too, who knows). So you might want to double-check with your dealer and see if they know about this verification process and have taken the necessary steps.

But all this info is based on info that I have seen in here, there are some users on here that are actual dealer employees and can confirm that yes this is how it works, or set the record straight. Good luck.

Thanks. My salesperson did not request my driver's license. I did leave a $500 check. I will check with her.

Each dealer gets a certain amount of vehicles allocated to them each build cycle (weekly I think). It depends on how many vehicles they've sold in the past and recently.

If your dealer has allocation this week for 3 vehicles and there are 5 on order then the first 3 get built this week based on lowest priority first. Since Ford requires dealer stock orders to have a higher priority than retail (customer) orders the retail orders should always be built first. Assuming of course that the orders are buildable and nothing is on hold.

The next time that dealer gets allocation the other 2 will be built. There is no way to really know whether a dealer has allocation or not or how many orders are in queue ahead of yours. But if you have a priority of 10 then that's your best bet to get the car built as soon as possible.

Titanium or SE doesn't matter when it comes to allocation or priority.

If your dealer is out of allocation but another dealer does have allocation then orders for the other dealer will be built first while your dealer's orders wait until allocation is available.

The only way around this is if Ford uses retail order verification. In that case Ford builds the retail order without regard for allocation and that order does not count against the dealer's normal allocation for dealer stock. I wish they would do this on all retail orders but you have dealers who will game the system to get more cars (fake retail orders e.g.).

It's a difficult job for Ford to ensure that dealers get enough cars to sell but not too many so as to monopolize the local market.

Thanks. That is great information to have.

Thanks. My salesperson did not request my driver's license. I did leave a $500 check. I will check with her.

I found the post that I referenced, it was from Scott029 and I think he finally got his in late November or early December? Anyway, here is the link to his experience:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51021-2013-fusion-hybrid-order-mixup/

Ford closed up 2 ford dealers and 1 lincoln mercury near me. So shopping is a little tight. But it seems the wait never changes. I gave up after 2 mos back in 72 and bought a car on showroom floor. This is my 3rd "ordered" car and will be my last. Any others will be off the lot. With so few dealerships I tend to worry about service.

I think Jeffh is right about the license bit, my window sticker has my name on it.

Yep, my salesman made a copy of my license when the order was submitted. Mine had my first initial and last name on the window sticker right underneath the options list, and the bottom says Special Order.

Edited by lmp180psu

I have not heard back from my dealer regarding the Retail Verification program. However, I got to thinking, and my order is an X-Plan order (although no one has asked me for my pin). Given that it is an X-plan order, doesn't that in essence mean it is a special order for someone that qualifies for the X-Plan?

I have not heard back from my dealer regarding the Retail Verification program. However, I got to thinking, and my order is an X-Plan order (although no one has asked me for my pin). Given that it is an X-plan order, doesn't that in essence mean it is a special order for someone that qualifies for the X-Plan?

X plan and retail order verification are different although both require a named customer. You can do X plan without ROV. The difference is ROV orders don't count against the dealer's allocation.

X plan and retail order verification are different although both require a named customer. You can do X plan without ROV. The difference is ROV orders don't count against the dealer's allocation.

My salesperson seems to know nothing about ROV. Is there something I can send them in this regard?

What are peoples thoughts about getting updates after tomorrow, when they begin scheduling builds? We don't want everyone on the same 2 week status update schedule and it sounds like most dealers only get updates Thurs/Fri... Any thoughts? I haven't requested and update on the forum so I will likely get in Monday or Tuesday. For reference I have a Jan 1 order date with Ruby Red Color.

Elle, I hope it will occur naturally with the random distribution of numbers.

Hopefully there are enough posters now to have a decent spread.

Those I have seen thus in our little (some more than others) pensive HyTi club:

cwb1183

ChuckOkie36

Elle

jsellar

Fastronaut

neod192

Pers69

PhantonTech

Wazzul

Delnatha

Lgbeach

loosta

Former Expedition owner

HyTi Fusion

BadHorseChorus

fusionTX

TriDave

Jeffh - (bailed for a SE, but has a HyTi Cy bread he may request to completion)

Edited by Pers69
  • Like 1

Elle, I hope it will occur naturally with the random distribution of numbers.

Hopefully there are enough posters now to have a decent spread.

Those I have seen thus in our little (some more than others) pensive HyTi club:

Jeffh - (bailed for a SE, but has a HyTi Cy bread he may request to completion)

...or as my wife termed it, our "automotive lamaze class"... yes I am going to keep up with my existing tracking thread (and also go see it when it comes in)... I expect when VINs get assigned either all of the above will probably get one, or at least for the orders that were placed before December? Who knows....

• Like 1

I am willing to wait for one that gets good mpg, trunk fit, headliner etc.

Nice avg. so far, Jeff.

Yesterday I only had a trip across town and back, about 7 miles each way (so short trips are bad on MPG, right?)... 40.5 on the way there (there was a long uphill involved) and 54.5 on the way back (payback with the long downhill). So even with just having short trips, that's an average of 47.45 MPG and with 450 miles (how long is 'break-in'?) -- however yesterday was unseasonably warm and 55 degrees here, which to me indicates that as the weather warms up in the Spring, there will be less of the "why is my MPG so low" posts... time will tell.

• Like 2

I am really glad to hear your achieving the EPA estimated 47mpg, even if it is early. It's a cool feature of the car and I don't want to drive it so cautiously that it takes the fun out if the end result would be sub 40mpg. From what I hear on the posts it will really deliver plenty on acceleration and handling while saving at the pump.

Got this status today.

In Order Processing - Unscheduled- Clean Jan-11-2013, 16:18 EST.

Does this mean my order didn't go in until Friday afternoon?

On Tuesday, Jan 8, I went to dealer and placed order.

On Wednesday, Jan 9, I received an email from salesperson saying order went in.

On Friday exchanged several emails about retail verification program, but got nowhere with that.

Now I see the status of my order appears to have a Friday afternoon datestamp.

Just curious.

Got this status today. In Order Processing - Unscheduled- Clean Jan-11-2013, 16:18 EST. Does this mean my order didn't go in until Friday afternoon? On Tuesday, Jan 8, I went to dealer and placed order. On Wednesday, Jan 9, I received an email from salesperson saying order went in. On Friday exchanged several emails about retail verification program, but got nowhere with that. Now I see the status of my order appears to have a Friday afternoon datestamp. Just curious.

That's what it looks like to me... on my first order it went in right away. However I placed the second order on Nov 8th and asked for cyberdman update on Nov 19th and got "no order found", then went and asked dealer and they said they would verify. On the next cyberdman update he did find it, with the status date of Nov 19th, so my guess is that my dealer may have forgotten a step, and maybe so did yours? Not that it's going to matter much with your order, now being accepted and having just a 3-day difference over what it could have been.