Dual integrated exhaust on Fusion Hybrid Titanium

HyTi Fusion

I took a close look at the Titanium (gas) integrated pipes when at the DC auto show. The tail pipe underneath comes right up to the integrated hole on the bumper. There seems to be no reason that you could not put this rear end configuration on a single tailpipe like on the Hybrid or Energi (so the other side would not have any exhaust pipe butted up to it, a "false" one). Wish I could afford to have someone change it when I get my Energi, I think it could be done.

Please read more and add your LIKE and Comments to http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/personalization/dual-integrated-tailpipes-for-the-2013-ford-fusion-hybrid-titanium-and-energi-titanium//?emailid=fs-auto-yri-acc

I just meant one on the road or in a dealership.

There were also pictures of "fusion hybrid titaniums" with lit cup holders and dual exhaust ...

Pictures, brochures are one thing ... the real deal off the line, at dealerships or on the roads, another.

The marketing writers and the production engineers appear to be in different buildings with nonfunctional email or phones.

Wish I could trust Ford/Lincoln advertising ... but they haven't earned that of late.

Edited by Pers69
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I took a close look at the Titanium (gas) integrated pipes when at the DC auto show. The tail pipe underneath comes right up to the integrated hole on the bumper. There seems to be no reason that you could not put this rear end configuration on a single tailpipe like on the Hybrid or Energi (so the other side would not have any exhaust pipe butted up to it, a "false" one). Wish I could afford to have someone change it when I get my Energi, I think it could be done.

Please read more and add your LIKE and Comments to http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/personalization/dual-integrated-tailpipes-for-the-2013-ford-fusion-hybrid-titanium-and-energi-titanium//?emailid=fs-auto-yri-acc

I just took a JD Powers Survey on the 2013 Fusion and one of the questions asked was "If you had a chance to tell Ford to add or change one thing on the Fusion, what would it be"...or words to the effect. I chose to tell them to put Dual Chrome Integrated Exhaust Tips in the rear bumper of the Titanium Fusion Hybrid and Energi.

• Like 1

It's all about weight. Dual exhaust adds unnecessary weight. The MKZ Hybrid loses 2 MPG's to the Fusion. Probably due to tires and weight.

The Altima Hybrid got ripped for having duals, adding weight.

It does not have to be, I would be fine with only one working and the second hole just for looks!

It does not have to be, I would be fine with only one working and the second hole just for looks!

Exactly what I meant and I don't think I made that clear in the survey. But I'm pretty sure the Ford folks can figure that part out, if they want to.

In answer to Mr. Fusion, above, the MKZ Hybrid is 2" longer than the Fusion, with the same wheel base, and its base curb weight is 3,719 lbs. Which is about 194 lbs lighter than the Energi but is 104 lbs heavier than the Fusion Hybrid, as I recall. Where it may be losing MPG's is the 18" wheels that are standard on the base model. But who knows for sure?

At any rate, a single exhaust with dual bright tips in the bumper (one being a dummy, for looks) should not add any appreciable weight to the Fusion Hybrid or Energi Titanium models.

I'm hoping Ford uses the same rear bumper on all Fusion's and there will be a knock out in the bumper for the bright tips. If so, there will dummy tips on my car at some point; or I may reroute the the single exhaust to the bright tip in the right side of the bumper.

Edited by pluggedin

I agree. I like the looks of the 2nd tip. I can care less if it is functional or not.

I couldn't agree more that Ford's decision to put that ugly, boring, plain-jane single "bright tip" exhaust pipe on the HyTi was a BAD decision. The dual exhaust looks SO much better. We are paying a premium price for our Hybrid Titanium and we deserve to have that premium look. If I didn't live in Southern Cal where gas is currently $4.20 a gallon and rising, I would definitely skip the hybrid and buy the gas Titanium.

• 2 weeks later...

I have gone back and forth between switching to a gas titanium vs the hybrid I have on order. The dual exhaust and the sharp Choice in wheels on the gas beat out the hybrid but the great mpg has me staying with hybrid, even with my disappointment. I really would love to hear from the ford engineer that made the decision to drop it from the line up, it had to be a difficult one. I hope they add it back it would sell more cars.

I certainly wish the Hybrid and Energi models had the dual exhaust tips. I think it is a great look, even though it is functionally useless. :(

I can't find a photo of the back of one with single anywhere. I am guessing it will look rather like my current FFH.

Oh, and TaylorJD, you can add me to your spreadsheet. Information below in the signature. Probably won't be relevant unless things go crazy with slow builds.

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree the dual exhaust bumper looks much better. This was the main reason (at least on the exterior of the car) that I waited and ordered the Titanium hybrid. It doesn't really matter to me what Ford does (true dual exhaust vs one dummy), but I think the single exhaust looks cheap for a premium trim level.

I was out for a drive this morning and a white 2013 Fusion with dual integrated exhaust pulled out in front of me on a two lane road. It was only there for a short time, as left turn down the road a bit.

I have been a proponent of dual exhaust, for the Ti models, for some time now but I must say I did not like it on the standard white (Oxford?) 2013 Fusion I saw. The area that holds the exhaust tips was black and it just looked like a great big frown in front of me. I wish I had my camera with me.

I have seen the dual exhaust on darker colors and the appearance was much, much nicer and classy looking. Not so much on the white, for me.

• 3 months later...

I too was disappointed to find out that the FFH Ti doesn't have dual exhaust. The dealer I purchased mine from did not have any hybrids in stock so I looked at and test drove a gas version of the Titanium with dual exhaust. I assumed that was part of the trim and didn't give it a second thought. I guess if its a big issue one could order the parts and retrofit the FFH with dual exhaust.

I too was disappointed to find out that the FFH Ti doesn't have dual exhaust. The dealer I purchased mine from did not have any hybrids in stock so I looked at and test drove a gas version of the Titanium with dual exhaust. I assumed that was part of the trim and didn't give it a second thought. I guess if its a big issue one could order the parts and retrofit the FFH with dual exhaust.

The thing is it's not part of the trim, it's part of the powertrain choice. That's what a lot a HyTi owners are not understanding. It just so happens that ALL Gas Titanium models are 2.0L Ecoboost powertrains. I can understand the gripe, but those that purchased a Hybrid Titanium purchased a car for it's fuel efficiency. Typically flashy dual exhaust tips scream "high(er) performance", not "fuel efficient". It's also counter intuitive as showcasing an exhaust on a car that's supposed to be showcasing fuel efficient and less greenhouse emissions.

Personally I'd like to see a unique central exhaust for Hybrid Titanium models. But it probably won't happen.

Edited by HenryVIII

haha I love how so many are obsessed about having that dual integrated exhaust; really shows how we're the auto enthusiasts :-P

I totally agree that it would be nice to have the flashy exhaust, but I understand why it's not included on a fuel-efficient car.

Makes me sad to see what the future holds in terms of these hybrids/electrics, and less flashy exhausts :-(

haha I love how so many are obsessed about having that dual integrated exhaust; really shows how we're the auto enthusiasts :-P

I totally agree that it would be nice to have the flashy exhaust, but I understand why it's not included on a fuel-efficient car.

Makes me sad to see what the future holds in terms of these hybrids/electrics, and less flashy exhausts :-(

You should have heard the screaming and gnashing of teeth when MFT debuted on the 2011 Edge and it was missing the built-in web browser. New Edge buyers were actually claiming false advertising and wanting their money back because one simple, seldom used feature wasn't there. Or they couldn't customize the MFT screen like their smartphone.

I came to the conclusion that these folks didn't buy an Edge with MFT. They bought a smart phone that came with 4 wheels and an engine.

It's amazing how people fixate on the smallest of details.