Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Well, it looks like I'll finally get to see my car on March 16th...at the Dallas Auto Show. :-|

Still "In Order Processing - Unscheduled Clean". *grumble*grumble*

Maybe as a Fusion winner, you can convince them into presenting one to you at the show...it would be a great PR thing right ? :)

My dealer told me this is standard for all Ford dealerships. You get the incentives at time of order or arrival, whichever is higher.

I have heard that that is how the use to do it, but not anymore. Corp Ford Marketing told me it was what you have at the point of when you do the paperwork (at delivery time). Whatever the case I am glad the Sheehy is now telling me they are working it as you described.

My dealer actually has some Energi's coming in earlier than my order and I considered changing but then I found out that the trunk volume decreases from 12.0 cu. ft. in the Hybrid Titanium to 8.9 cu. ft. in the Energi. Non Hybrids have 16 cu. ft. Since I need the trunk space, i'm staying put.

Edited by Fastronaut

Looks like I am scheduled to Day also.

Scheduled to Day (2013-03-25)

I'll be in Cabo San Lucas that day. How far from Hermosillo :)

18 hrs 41 mins / 559.34 miles - Better get started early :rockon: (Assuming you can drive over water)
Edited by Fastronaut
  • Like 2

I received my weekly update from the Ford Regional Customer Svc Mgr. this morning. My car is officially scheduled to be built on 3/25/13. But after seeing this posted by ice-capades in a different thread:

Here's the latest 2014 Fusion information available...

04/15/2013 2014MY Order Bank Open Date

05/16/2013 2014MY Scheduling Begins - Hermosillo Plant

07/17/2013 2014MY Scheduling Begins - Flat Rock

07/15/2013 2014MY Job #1 Date - Hermosillo Plant

08/26/2013 2014MY Job #1 Date - Flat Rock Plant

There is no additional information available at this time regarding any changes for the 2014MY Fusion or about the vehicle production at Flat Rock.

I am now considering waiting for a 2014 HyTi. Especially if it will have dual exhaust tips and a choice of wheels. Decisions, decisions....

One of my sources told me that sensory touch electrical overhead switches (previously in Fusions) are now going to held exclusively for MKZ. Don't shoot the messenger. Evidently, there must need to be a greater distinction between Fusion for the masses and MKZ for the illuminati.

I received my weekly update from the Ford Regional Customer Svc Mgr. this morning. My car is officially scheduled to be built on 3/25/13. But after seeing this posted by ice-capades in a different thread:

Here's the latest 2014 Fusion information available...

04/15/2013 2014MY Order Bank Open Date

05/16/2013 2014MY Scheduling Begins - Hermosillo Plant

07/17/2013 2014MY Scheduling Begins - Flat Rock

07/15/2013 2014MY Job #1 Date - Hermosillo Plant

08/26/2013 2014MY Job #1 Date - Flat Rock Plant

There is no additional information available at this time regarding any changes for the 2014MY Fusion or about the vehicle production at Flat Rock.

I am now considering waiting for a 2014 HyTi. Especially if it will have dual exhaust tips and a choice of wheels. Decisions, decisions....

Absolutely no way I can wait until July for a car especially not without any confirmed additional information / options that would make it much better than what's currently available!

One of my sources told me that sensory touch electrical overhead switches (previously in Fusions) are now going to held exclusively for MKZ. Don't shoot the messenger. Evidently, there must need to be a greater distinction between Fusion for the masses and MKZ for the illuminati.

I figured that, they are backing off on the luxury of the Fusion and moving it to Lincoln to boost that line. I loved what the Fusion Titanium represented!

They just should not do it in the middle of Production...You don't take away as the year goes, you only add to it!

Edited by taylorjd

I figured that, they are backing off on the luxury of the Fusion and moving it to Lincoln to boost that line. I loved what the Fusion Titanium represented!

They just should not do it in the middle of Production...You don't take away as the year goes, you only add to it!

I stil prefer the Fusion styling over the MKZ. Fusion delivers much more bang for the buck.

Ford's losing a big opportunity here; especially, with providing separate luxury options. Now, 3rd party mods will fill that niche and take the cash.

More likely they have limited supply.

If this really holds true and the Fusion on order- which should be being built as we speak - had a 3/8 build date, comes with the buttons vs touch - it won't be beyond me to ask the dealer to swap the panel out with another car he has on the lot. Seems small - but being very honest - it was the technolgy and those buttons which kind of sealed the deal. Is it a deal breaker? - truly almost could be. We were looking at the Fusion and then the VW CC - after stopping to look at and drive the Fusion - we never even went on to the CC. If I don't have the fun stuff - there may be another option out there.

Of course - it has to be determined if the panels are truly swappable and compatible - should just be a single wire harness clip on the back side of it I would think. 99.999% of the people that buy this car, especially the ones that buy off the lot probably won't know much difference nor care. Those of us here that obsess over the car, the build and delivery are such a small percentage - someone buying off the lot later would never know the difference.

You guys are completely wrong with the whole MKZ thing and backing off on features. It's all about function and useability. Everything they've done with the titanium model is all about function and cost. Just add up the difference between the standard SE and the AWD Titanium versus the Hybrid SE v Titanium or Engergi SE versus Titanium.

Edited by wazzul

You guys are completely wrong with the whole MKZ thing and backing off on features. It's all about function and useability. Everything they've done with the titanium model is all about function and cost. Just add up the difference between the standard SE and the AWD Titanium versus the Hybrid SE v Titanium or Engergi SE versus Titanium.

Yup. No light in my cup holder sure helps me at night alright ... NOT!

Yup. No light in my cup holder sure helps me at night alright ... NOT!

I think the cost part is right, less cost for Ford, less features for us. More things to add back as after market. Not happy losing these features.