Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Looks like it should beat it's delivery ETA of 4/6 then!!!

I sure hope so! CSX says it was delivered, so I wonder if it'll hop on another train or on a truck to get here. I have my loan all ready to go, talked with my insurance company - so I'm ready! I just need to put my Gti up for sale :)

So I decided this morning I'd turn the tables and send my dealer the VIN and build date to my car... I hope they understand how much of a slap in the face that is to their system, they've been really slow with updates and haven't told me anything I didn't already know from these forums. I suppose I'll have to provide them the ETA later as well.

• Like 2

So I decided this morning I'd turn the tables and send my dealer the VIN and build date to my car... I hope they understand how much of a slap in the face that is to their system, they've been really slow with updates and haven't told me anything I didn't already know from these forums. I suppose I'll have to provide them the ETA later as well.

Don't forget to slap them with a service charge :)

• Like 1

I am not sure what is worst, the waiting for the car to get built or dealing with dealers who, once the order is done want to ignore their customers.

My TI should have been ordered yesterday, I have two emails in to the dealer now with no responce.

If I don't hear back by tomorrow, I will begin to escalate !! -- If they didn't order, then I may go out shopping again for another dealer who will work with me.

I did the same thing! It was great sending them an email saying the car is on a train in Kansas and will be arriving on 4/10. Basically saying "who needs ya."

I found that when you showed the dealer that I knew as much or more then them, they stop playing games and start being straight with me. I hate the games and made that clear. I once overheard a salesman saying he did not want to let the customer know their car was there because they were waiting on dealer installed on parts....that will not work for me!

I am not sure what is worst, the waiting for the car to get built or dealing with dealers who, once the order is done want to ignore their customers.

My TI should have been ordered yesterday, I have two emails in to the dealer now with no responce.

If I don't hear back by tomorrow, I will begin to escalate !! -- If they didn't order, then I may go out shopping again for another dealer who will work with me.

My dealer told me they do all their ordering on Wednesdays but yet my order date was on a Friday...go figure!

My dealer told me they do all their ordering on Wednesdays but yet my order date was on a Friday...go figure!

thats the date ford accepted the order..it usually takes 2-3 days before its accepted by ford thus Friday even though the dealer accepted your order and made it wednesday. once submitted to ford it takes a couple days before its in their system and on their queue pile

Two e-mail messages to your Dealer and no reply yet? Sorry but there's no excuse. At least a reply acknowledging that they'd received your e-mail message(s) and would get back to you within a certain period of time would be understandable.

I'm at my office no later than 5:30am every morning, 6 days a week (no kidding!) and one of the first things I do is run a Vehicle Visibility report for every retail and fleet unit that is then distributed to 5 different managers so that they all have the latest status information. In addition, I maintain a "DORA" (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) book in my office which is available to all sales representatives and lists the updated status for every scheduled or unscheduled vehicle in the Dealership's Order Bank. For retail orders, I also personally advise the sales representatives of any status updates (scheduled, in production, shipped, etc.) so that they can advise their customers accordingly.

Customer satisfaction is directly related to customer communication... especially when it comes to factory retail orders.

There needs to be a better system in place so that customers with retail factory orders in process can get updates. Unfortunately, in too many instances, Ford dealers are failing miserably which is unacceptable.

• Provide retail customers with updated order status notifications via e-mail or special website access
  • Schedule all retail orders above a Dealer's allocation
  • Provide unscheduled retail customers with information on why their vehicle was not scheduled in any week along with estimated future schedule information

Hope this helps a bit at least as far as hearing from a Dealer that is reading and understanding all the frustration expressed on this forum.

• Like 4

Two e-mail messages to your Dealer and no reply yet? Sorry but there's no excuse. At least a reply acknowledging that they'd received your e-mail message(s) and would get back to you within a certain period of time would be understandable.

I'm at my office no later than 5:30am every morning, 6 days a week (no kidding!) and one of the first things I do is run a Vehicle Visibility report for every retail and fleet unit that is then distributed to 5 different managers so that they all have the latest status information. In addition, I maintain a "DORA" (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) book in my office which is available to all sales representatives and lists the updated status for every scheduled or unscheduled vehicle in the Dealership's Order Bank. For retail orders, I also personally advise the sales representatives of any status updates (scheduled, in production, shipped, etc.) so that they can advise their customers accordingly.

Customer satisfaction is directly related to customer communication... especially when it comes to factory retail orders.

There needs to be a better system in place so that customers with retail factory orders in process can get updates. Unfortunately, in too many instances, Ford dealers are failing miserably which is unacceptable.

• Provide retail customers with updated order status notifications via e-mail or special website access
  • Schedule all retail orders above a Dealer's allocation
  • Provide unscheduled retail customers with information on why their vehicle was not scheduled in any week along with estimated future schedule information

Hope this helps a bit at least as far as hearing from a Dealer that is reading and understanding all the frustration expressed on this forum.

Yep my dealer was horrible at this. It would be nice to have a website that we could log in and get updated information. It cant be that hard to take the information from the visibility reports and put it into a customer front end that the customer can input with order code and dealer number or vin and pin combination. Communication has been the number one thing that my dealer has failed with.

I love that there are people like ice-capades on here who Can shed some light on us from the dealers perspective. You should've been hired by corporate to coach dealerships in how to provide better customer service on orders.

The dealership I went with for my order is great when it comes to cars in the lot or dealer trades and nothing but glowing reviews online. As it turns out they are horrible when it comes to special orders. My salesman has to ask his manager who them has to talk with the "one guy at the dealership" who has access to they ordering system/vehicle visibility reports. If it wasn't for these forums I'm not sure what I would've done!

• Like 1

Ice-Capades,

Totally :) Makes me want to drop my order and order from you lol.

Well, if it takes a couple of days for Ford to have it in their system, and they will respond after.

But yes, they should at least respond that they received my email and are working on it.

thats the date ford accepted the order..it usually takes 2-3 days before its accepted by ford thus Friday even though the dealer accepted your order and made it wednesday. once submitted to ford it takes a couple days before its in their system and on their queue pile

Thanks for the explanation but I should of explained myself better...in my case we put in the order on Thurs. 3-7 and my DORA says it was processed and accepted on Fri. 3-8. The next day. So Wednesday had nothing to do with it so I don't know why my dealer even said that.

Edited by RubyRedFuse

Visited my dealer today ( SW Florida)....he printed off a copy of the visibility report...very nice report..shows entire sequence of events...when scheduled...sent to plant on the 19th,,,body shop on the 24th....

built on the 25th...released on the 26th ....on a rail car the evening of the 26th....in Nogales, AZ on the morning of the 28th....in Tucson the evening of the 28th....

says "Confidential" on report but don't know why Ford cant make it available to anyone who orders a car....would save a ton of time for everyone....also called the CSX number and they seem to be 1 day behind.

Also showed Sales Manager the $750 coupon and he said 'no problem' with that at all.

My saleswoman is sweet as can be and very likeable, but she probably doesn't know what a visibility report is, and she wouldn't know how to access it, if she did. That being said, she bends over backwards for her clients., and I would recommend her to friends. It really is too bad that information is so hard to come by.