2013 MKZ Tracking

now know that the upgraded seats will NOT be available on the 2013 model any longer. They are to be a 2014 model option. So...

Another month or two and I bet other manufacturers start in with their 2014 hype. Yes this car is very very late to the party for a 2013 model. Hard to get straight answers on things like the seats.

On the other matter. Call 1-800-521-4190 and press 5 I think, and tell them to check on your orders status with your VIN #. If they refuse call back and ask for someone else. Then ask your dealer to copy and pastes your status code in an email once a week. If they refuse, write an email to Lincoln managers and complain, or ask your dealer to give you the # of the local field rep for Ford.

Edited by xgman

Just came back from the post office; was dropping mail in the outside drive-up box. Two post office workers flagged me to pull up. They took my mail but wanted to see the car. They also oooh'd and aaahh'd over it and looked inside and talked about how beautiful it is. Other cars had to go around me while they looked at it. :-)

xg …you'll be glad you waited.

Edited by Dedonut

Just came back from the post office; was dropping mail in the outside drive-up box. Two post office workers flagged me to pull up. They took my mail but wanted to see the car. They also oooh'd and aaahh'd over it and looked inside and talked about how beautiful it is. Other cars had to go around me while they looked at it. :-)

xg …you'll be glad you waited.

One day I hope to join the fun. :worship:

So Sad!! No MKZ!! Still in holding pattern, but supposedly the car has been unloaded at the Rail Yard. What a freaking joke!

You're killing me!! If it takes yours this long to unwrap, imagine how long mine is going to be. It's just in Chicago tonight. I was told max time it is allowed to be at the destination point is 48 hours.

Edited by xgman

Turns out the Phoenix Rail Yard is pretty close to my house. Went out there to see if I could see my car. Saw a car hauler loaded with three MKZ headed for San Diego. Probably Witt Lincoln. Saw two other MKzs by themselves may be for local dealerships. Never spotted mine but I know it is unloaded. Hopefully it will make it to my dealership tomorrow everyone cross your fingers

Edited by tanner83

Turns out the Phoenix Rail Yard is pretty close to my house. Went out there to see if I could see my car. Saw a car hauler loaded with three MKZ headed for San Diego. Probably Witt Lincoln. Saw two other MKzs by themselves may be for local dealerships. Never spotted mine but I know it is unloaded. Hopefully it will make it to my dealership tomorrow everyone cross your fingers

. Here's hoping!

That an in transit rule?

(final destination point) Dealer told me that, but who knows . . .

From where I sit, train service hasn't improved one bit in 100 years, Excruciatingly slow and decent tracking information is hard to come by. The might as well be traveling in stage coaches or donkey carts....

Edited by xgman

I am stunned ! Out of a clear blue sky, my dealer called and advised me that our car has arrived. Just 2 days ago, Customer Relations told me that they weren't sure where it was, that it looked like it had headed south out of Michigan and in Kentucky, but for some reason, was showing it now back up in Flat Rock. They promised to call me no later than next week to advise what they were able to find out. I had prepared myself for a much longer wait after hearing that.

Anyhow, we will be heading out early in the morning to the dealership (1 1/2 hrs away from us, we are in a rural area) to pick it up. Should be able to post some initial impressions tomorrow.

I am stunned ! Out of a clear blue sky, my dealer called and advised me that our car has arrived. Just 2 days ago, Customer Relations told me that they weren't sure where it was, that it looked like it had headed south out of Michigan and in Kentucky, but for some reason, was showing it now back up in Flat Rock. They promised to call me no later than next week to advise what they were able to find out. I had prepared myself for a much longer wait after hearing that.

Anyhow, we will be heading out early in the morning to the dealership (1 1/2 hrs away from us, we are in a rural area) to pick it up. Should be able to post some initial impressions tomorrow.

Awesome Congrats as well. Make sure you visit the MKZ pictures thread and post some nice pics please!!

Congrats and hopefully mine is on the same truck heading next to Tampa ... drive like a bandit damnit!!! BTW, CS still thinks my car in still in inspection.

Edited by SMSgt B

Another month or two and I bet other manufacturers start in with their 2014 hype. Yes this car is very very late to the party for a 2013 model. Hard to get straight answers on things like the seats.

On the other matter. Call 1-800-521-4190 and press 5 I think, and tell them to check on your orders status with your VIN #. If they refuse call back and ask for someone else. Then ask your dealer to copy and pastes your status code in an email once a week. If they refuse, write an email to Lincoln managers and complain, or ask your dealer to give you the # of the local field rep for Ford.

I can't believe that a customer rep would say that. I'm so glad I found one that was willing to help me and stay in contact with me through this process. So I have a salesman doing it and a CR doing it. It just amazes me that this "new experience" has so much variety for each of us.

Congrats!

Pictures too! :)

I spoke with my salesman this morning...my car is built (which I knew) and is awaiting shipment. He told me that he thinks it will be another month before I get my car! That's crazy!!!! It's just sitting there and it's not like it has that far to go from Hermasillo to Texas

I spoke with my salesman this morning...my car is built (which I knew) and is awaiting shipment. He told me that he thinks it will be another month before I get my car! That's crazy!!!! It's just sitting there and it's not like it has that far to go from Hermasillo to Texas

Yes, this to me is a really big problem that should be able to be solved easily. Makes you wonder who is in charge and what exactly they are thinking.

Tanner, I can't believe your car hasn't landed at your dealer yet. What the heck are they doing?

I think it is amazing that the dealership cant even figure out when the car haulers will deliver to them from the railroad lot. Man you would think this process would be better than that.

Hey KLM, welcome to my world, I live 241 miles from Hermasillo and my car was built exactly a month ago, and I still don't have it. It sat for 22 days in Hermasillo before even going to inspection. What a freakin joke

Edited by tanner83

Yes, this to me is a really big problem that should be able to be solved easily. Makes you wonder who is in charge and what exactly they are thinking.

Ford builds and ships over 2 million vehicles every year and has been doing it for over a hundred years. I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing and if there was an easy way to get them out faster they would be doing it.

There is nothing easy about assembling a modern automobile.

So

Ford builds and ships over 2 million vehicles every year and has been doing it for over a hundred years. I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing and if there was an easy way to get them out faster they would be doing it.

There is nothing easy about assembling a modern automobile.

Well just my impression Kirby, but I could really care less how many cars they assemble. What I do care about is the car they assembled for me. Suggest you start at page 1 of this forum and read the experiences of myself and others, and then if you still want to say that this giant cluster*** means that ford knows what they are doing go to the next forum about Hybrid Titaniums and start at page one and read through all of those. Course that is just my opinion and we are entitled to our own.

Have a good one.