2013 MKZ Tracking

On page 18, it states at the very bottom that they will be available early 2013. I didn't order them because "early 2013" is not defined

.http://www.sentryautogroup.com/public/images/2013-lincoln-mkz.pdf

I knew when I ordered about the approximate availability date but rolled the dice and you're right about early 2013 not being defined bit I guess I didn't think that would extend to May. I called the dealer willing to revise the order but was told that wouldn't affect the scheduled build date, so I left the Contour seats intact. I'm not that impatient but was surprised that it was pushed back a month from April to May.

Guest RRF985
He got one on the lot [a dealer order, not pre-order] on 2/20 at 10 AM. It was sold by 3 PM the same day but he held the car for me until the next day so I could test drive it. He even convinced the other buyer to allow this.

You are very lucky. If I was that buyer I would have said "oh hell no."

I ordered a MKZ Hybrid last week (2/21).......my scheduled build is the week of March 25

How does this square with what is written at this site where the lead time is estimated at 14 - 16 weeks? I don't know the underlying source for this data but the link was mentioned in another thread by timf. My dealer estimated 15-16 weeks. I would love to shorten this time if possible.

MKZtracker,

As this is your last post (wish I had movement though), I just want to personally thank you for going above and beyond to keep us informed on the status of your orders. This was a tremendous help to us; just hope Lincoln CS and leadership are a fly on the wall here to learn/improve customer relations and those choke points in their delivery system.

A big thanks from me as well. I was excited for updates each week and now I am not sure how to get my update fix ! I would bet my paycheck the car will sit on the car lot and my salesperson will not even know - I have not heard from him in several weeks now - unless comes to mind

Wish I had foun this forum and had my VIN sooner...hopefully there will be someone else willing to track our vehicles without having to have a certain number of posts to qualify. I just want to know where my car is!

Wish I had foun this forum and had my VIN sooner...hopefully there will be someone else willing to track our vehicles without having to have a certain number of posts to qualify. I just want to know where my car is!

In the meantime just call the 1-800 Lincoln # as often as you can stand to have to go over all your personal info verification process with them. They have access to the same one line of tracking code. It's just a bigger pain in the ass to get to the point. You can also ask them to call you back once a week for updates.

Nothing to do with tracking, but interesting:

The Environmental Protection Agency has launched an evaluation of whether the ways it tests gas mileage give realistic window-sticker ratings for advanced hybrid cars.

The probe centers on a generation of hybrids capable of highway speeds on electric power alone. Chris Grundler, EPA's director of the Office of Transportation and Air Quality, said he wants to be sure the EPA's testing procedures are keeping up with rapidly evolving auto technology.

"This is a different type of hybrid, and we need to understand it," he told USA TODAY in an interview.

The agency's action comes after Consumer Reports wrote that its gas mileage in real-world use of Ford's new C-Max crossover and Fusion sedan hybrids, 37 mpg and 39 overall, respectively, fell far short of their EPA ratings of 47 in mixed driving.

The EPA's evaluation could result in changes in the labeling that EPA requires on cars' window stickers and in consumer information it offers on its website, said Grundler.

One problem, he said, is that the newest hybrids are extra sensitive to driving habits. A hybrid driven aggressively might get far worse gas mileage than its window-sticker rating. "If you drive a hybrid the way you drive your Porsche, you are going to get less (gas mileage) than the national average."

EPA is preparing to test a Ford C-Max in Ann Arbor, Mich. Ford says the C-Max can run up to 62 mph on electric power before the gas engine has to help.

Ford officials are fine with the testing. "We agree with the EPA that hybrid fuel-economy performance industrywide can be more variable compared to conventional vehicles," said spokesman Said Deep. "We are open to working with the agencies to further improve the process for generating fuel-economy labels."

Such EPA testing is not routine. Mileage testing is typically done by automakers, following rules set by the EPA, which then retests about 15% to be sure its procedures are being followed.

Grundler said the evaluation also could include General Motors' Volt plug-in electric with a backup gas engine, but said Volt has not been a source of complaints about ratings not matching real-world results. GM had no comment.

In addition to sometimes leading to owner dissatisfaction, gas mileage ratings are increasingly the subject of lawsuits. Two California law firms are consolidating suits by hundreds of owners of Ford Fusion and C-Max hybrids into a class action.

Edited by xgman

MKZ any chance we could get one last update its appears many cars left yesterday or today from Hermasillo.

I tried the rail 800 # tracking on my car, but there was no track info posted there yet. I guess it has to make a stop or two to get on the rail tracking service. I hope yours got off. At least it doesn't have as far to go as mine. My eta is now 3/16. I wonder if it will actually take that full amount of time to get to Maryland?

Edit: now it just says "departed" when I call the #. Well at least it's left the stupid ramp.

Edited by xgman

Can anyone explain this to me? My car was in route to Flat Rock, but according to the tracking didn't get there. But now, 2 days later, it shows it passing Bisscanne, KY. That is definitely NOT the way to Flat Rock, it seems to have made a hard right turn to the south. Since my dealer is in TN, I can only hope it is headed there. Could the tracking have so much lag that it actually got to Flat Rock, been inspected, and is now on the way to my dealer???

Can anyone explain this to me? My car was in route to Flat Rock, but according to the tracking didn't get there. But now, 2 days later, it shows it passing Bisscanne, KY. That is definitely NOT the way to Flat Rock, it seems to have made a hard right turn to the south. Since my dealer is in TN, I can only hope it is headed there. Could the tracking have so much lag that it actually got to Flat Rock, been inspected, and is now on the way to my dealer???

That sounds like great news, now I wish mine never reached Flat Rock...LOLOL. If you are calling directly to the Railroads, I think they are pretty much up to date and accurate, can't see them being 2 days slow. Now calling Lincoln is a different story.

Edited by SMSgt B

I tell you LMC has some amazing people working in the call center. The last idiot I talked to told me my car was in Flat Rock getting inspected. What a bunch of freaking idiots . Pretty sad when I have to educate this idiots to the fact my car is in hermasillo and has been for the last 20 days. No wonder this company is screwed up if this is who they hire for their front line

Edited by tanner83

Hey XG just checked on your car the rail car is in Nogales Arizona as of 11 today!!!!

You're not planning on hijacking that train now are you? ;) That's great news to me.

I was talking to my Ford rep just now about the covered wagon trail that this train seems to be on. It does take an inordinate amount of time to physically ship these cars. There has to be a better way. Anyway I hope I don't get stuck in one of the hubs for days on end. Anyway, Ford is trying to make this right with me and I appreciate that. Can't wait till it arrives. Even if this one fall off the transport, there is an identical one in production now for my dealer just in case. :)

Edited by xgman

You're not planning on hijacking that train now are you? ;) That's great news to me.

I was talking to my Ford rep just now about the covered wagon trail that this train seems to be on. It does take an inordinate amount of time to physically ship these cars. There has to be a better way. Anyway I hope I don't get stuck in one of the hubs for days on end. Anyway, Ford is trying to make this right with me and I appreciate that. Can't wait till it arrives. Even if this one fall off the transport, there is an identical one in production now for my dealer just in case. :)

No I won't hijack it XG LOL

According to Kevin mine should be right behind it today. Just need my rail car number to track it.

Hey would you feel comfortable sharing with me in an email what you set to Kevin. I am thinking of doing the same thing