2013 MKZ Tracking

Well, OK, folks, I guess my apology is in order.

I'm sorry, mkztracker, and I'm most particularly sorry if the tone of my post to you sounded hostile. Hostile was certainly not my intention nor is it even how I feel. However, I'm as frustrated and disappointed with Lincoln as everyone else. I have my car, but in exchange, the dealer is waiting for my pre-order. I've connected for months with the other people who have been posting jointly on this and the MKZ Build Date forum and are waiting and just as frustrated.

For a year, I've been touting Lincoln to whoever would listen, about what the 'new Lincoln' would be like. And by 'new Lincoln' they have meant not only the car but the level of service that has been promised to go with it. Lincoln calls it 'Concierge'. As I interpreted what I read, it refers to the car, the level and type of maintenance and service, and overall customer treatment to be distinguished from all things Ford.

The production and shipment of this model has so far been a disaster from a customer service (and I'm sure a management) stand point. But this is where the 'new Lincoln' service and management could have stepped up. The lack of communication regarding the delays has only exacerbated the feelings generated by the delays themselves. I guess it's my disappointment with Lincoln management and what it may say for any 'thought to be anticipated' changes for the future.

So, again mkztracker, my apology to you for my 'rant'. What you did was indeed appreciated and my disappointment is solely with Lincoln management and the overall ugly process this has become, none of which is your doing. I failed to follow my own advice to Tanner … 'don't shoot the messenger'.

So - here begins my personal "end game" ....
contacted LCS today (directly) about my custom order that was placed three weeks ago ...
surprised (1) that they did have a VIN, surprised (2) that the car was finishing production today and that (3) it has an ETA of MArch 11th ....

Now how close to that March 11th date we really are .....
who knows ..... but not too bad for a car that was only put into the order system on Feb 5th!

Hopefully, I don't look back on this post 6-8 weeks from now and I find myself wondering where my car is
:-)

http://www.inventory.lincoln.com/ser...6L2LU8DR810988

John

So - here begins my potential waiting game ....
contacted LCS today about my custom order that was placed three weeks ago ...
surprised 1 that they did have a VIN, surprised (2) that the car was finishing production today and that (3) it has an ETA of MArch 11th ....

Now I know what went wrong. I mistakenly though if I ordered back in September I could get my car sooner. I didn't realize that the magic order date was Feb 5th! Can you believe this crud? Hey Ford, I'm bent over. Go ahead.

Edited by xgman

Things are bound to get moving eventually. Now it's let's see if they deliver on the date. I ordered mine Nov-19-2012, it was built Feb-09-2013 and is still sitting there. At least that's what the update says. I believe it was Tatonka who had a different experience with the accuracy of the updates.

Edited by Dedonut

Hey , so i told you guys that I was starting to search other lincon dealerships in other states right? So i just got a call from one of them that told me that just got 7 Z's in of which 6 were special orders(Pre-Orders). Not sure how important that is but thought i would share. My Mom always told me sharing was good!!!

Let me be absolutely clear, this was not a salesperson in Arizona. This was an official communication from Lincoln. That communication which i pasted above states unequivocally that ALL MKZ shipments have been put on hold with out any reason or justification. You are all grown adults so you are entitled make your own decisions. As for me, Lincoln just lost a customer.

Was nice chatting with you all, I hope the best for each of you regardless of what decision you make.

Take care.

Good luck and take care.

Hey , so i told you guys that I was starting to search other lincon dealerships in other states right? So i just got a call from one of them that told me that just got 7 Z's in of which 6 were special orders(Pre-Orders). Not sure how important that is but thought i would share. My Mom always told me sharing was good!!!

The closest dealer to me has 15 MKZ coming in. 3 are on the lot and we test drove one a few nights ago but nothing matches closely to our preferred 3 colors and a charcoal interior.

It would actually be interesting to know the tracking history dates on those pre-orders.

The closest dealer to me has 15 MKZ coming in. 3 are on the lot and we test drove one a few nights ago but nothing matches closely to our preferred 3 colors and a charcoal interior.

That's the problem I'm having. I've looked through almost a hundred dealers listings and can't find one remotely similar to mine in any color that isn't sitting right where mine is.

mark

I just want to add my voice to the others in thanking you for the time you've spent of this forum helping people here.

You're a good man.

I've read through the mound of pages with the woes of everyone pre-ordering and the help from the folks here has been astounding. Thanks! I've got my order in, but no VIN yet.

Hello

Just signed on to this system in order to post. I have been reading all of the statements over the last few months and decided to record my experiences with this new vehicle. It has been a long time comming but two MKZs have arrived at the dealer in south Atlanta in the last week. Neither one was a pre-order but both of them are already sold. The standard 4 cylinder took a day and a half, and the hybrid took three hours. We did get to test drive the hybrid and we placed an order yesterday. When asked what to expect for delivery the salesman laughed (that was OK since we know each other). Then he said 8 to 12 weeks, and I will let you know as anything updates. He is experienced and good at tracking the cars in the Ford system because he knew which day they would arrive a week before they showed up. The recalls for reinspection are a reality because he had one car two weeks ago that came into Atlanta on the train and was then shipped back up North for quality control (that one was a pre order and the customer is mad).

Anyway, we ordered a hybrid - Ruby Red, Dune interior, several options and the price came to about 39K plus tax, tag and title. We did qualify for the "Lincoln Makers Program", the dealer accepted the pricing from USAA buyers guide, the car comes with 50K scheduled maintanence for free, the deposit was $500 and is fully refundable.

Will post again as I hear more about build and delivery times.

I'm in a similar boat. Nothing nearby in stock and honestly, I'd have had to build mine out anyway, to get all the things I wanted, so I have my order in and am eagerly awaiting a VIN so I can try to track it.

Ordered my hybrid two weeks ago and got my VIN tonight from Lincoln Customer Service:

3LN6L2LU2DR813823

Any info on status would be appreciated. We saw an actual bordeaux reserve after placing our order and it looked even better than we hoped!

Thanks

Lucky you. Hopefully the build and delivery goes smoothly. I tried looking up the window sticker, but coudln't find it. I did find it in the Etis system.

Sounds like we have the same sales person (LOL) I had to call to get updates all along. My last conversation while test driving the MKZ they received was he would know when it was built, shipped, then delivered. Well , I call to tell him when it was built, then shipped, and even the fact it was heading to flat rock - Other than that I called when I got a VIN assigned, etc - He was good when it came to ordering the car but if I know the minute it will hit the lot I will be down there waiting. No way is this thing hanging out at the dealer for joy rides, or even having it around to attract other buyers - I wonder if the survey has negative numbers on it ?

I'm definitely going to be staying on top of my delivery. I don't want anyone taking mine for a spin around the block. Anyone else experience the same sort of envy from their dealership?

Keep something in mind folks (and this is not to disparage any particular dealership) ....

but once you get a vehicle order confirmation sheet from the dealer ....

you can always call LCS (800-521-4140) directly and provide the "Dealer" id and the "OrderNo" and they can tell you wether a VIN was assigned yet or not ....

In my case - my dealership didn't know and or wasn't notified that a VIN had been assigned to my car (let alone that it had already gone to production)

(despite the fact that dealership told me that they would be the first ones to know)

It looks like Lincoln has a major disconnect with their dealerships and communication of custom orders

John

After not hearing anything since I ordered my car in January I deciced to call Lincoln. I'm glad I did, I have a VIN 3LN6L2LU9DR810109 and an estimated ETA of 3/11/13. Of course, I will be out of town that week but at least I have a date.

Can you tell how long your VIN has been avaiable? (ie: how long it took for the VIN to be created from the time you ordered it?) I'm trying to guage how long I should wait before I take the tracking into my own hands, seeing the issues that everyone seems to be having with their dealerships.

XG and others.... You would not believe the amount of fluff I got from the dealer when it came time to talk about "the survey" they were falling all over themselves trying to get me to agree to give them a good score on this. I mean an entire team of people came out to shine my shoes, bring me coffee, and tell me how beautiful my kids were, The salesman not only gets $ based on the survey but if I'm not mistaken, the dealership might also.

My suggestion if you want to quit following this board for the slightest change of info and to quit working so hard is this.... 1) have a Margarita and 2) inform your dealer that you will have a hard time giving them a good score on their survey and that they do have the tools to at least provide an update, even if status hasn't changed.

I'm not a fan of holding people hostage or demanding a service.... HOWEVER.... I went through the exact same treatment and didn't feel very valued for what I think is a pretty significant purchase on my part.

That's pretty lame, especially as Mark said, the information was available to them and they could have made an effort to reach out to those that ordered. I fail to see how it would impact their day to just spend the litlte bit of time that appears to take to do the lookup and make a call (even leaving voice mail if necessary). This doesn't bode well for the "improved customer experience" when getting the vehicle serviced, etc...

You're absolutely right about the behavior when you mention the 'dreaded survey' It impacts the staff and dealer allocation. They'll tell you that if you have ANY problem, tell them and let them fix it before you fill out the survey. If the treatment isn't what they want you to say it was … I think hostage negotiations are fully acceptable. They want something for nothing??? Not even!!

BTW, Tatonka, does the Manual make any sense to you? I have an awful time finding things listed under the headings I would usually find them or expect them to be under …. they aren't. They should have delayed shipment while they rewrote the manual!!!

I've found the MKZ manuals online and was wondering if you could compare your *actual* one to the ones that are available for searching from the lincoln site.

Keep something in mind folks (and this is not to disparage any particular dealership) ....

but once you get a vehicle order confirmation sheet from the dealer ....

you can always call LCS (800-521-4140) directly and provide the "Dealer" id and the "OrderNo" and they can tell you wether a VIN was assigned yet or not ....

In my case - my dealership didn't know and or wasn't notified that a VIN had been assigned to my car (let alone that it had already gone to production)

(despite the fact that dealership told me that they would be the first ones to know)

It looks like Lincoln has a major disconnect with their dealerships and communication of custom orders

John

Your dealer has access to the same info as LSC. If LSC knows you have a VIN then the dealer should know. If they don't then it's because they chose not to look or don't know where to look.

Great now you guys have me calling around the five surrounding states to check inventory Found one but has the pano roof and a lower package. I know I don't want the pano roof and I want the reserve or above package in Bordeaux but would settle for ruby red

Don't settle for ruby red. The bordeaux is just too rich to pass up.