2013 MKZ Tracking

So I have a theory about the Vehicle Visibility Tool. First it appears that this application is real time and not a batch system. What this means is that as a status change occurs with your vehicle this application updates immediately. There had been some confusion in the past that the system updated every week, in fact my dealership still thinks that, but i disagree

Next I am going to explain this status line from my understanding, keep in mind I don't work for Ford....

Z095 L2L 3LN6L2LUXDR807932 Mkz Awaiting Shipment Sent Offsite - 16-39b (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-21-2013, 21:18 MT *Feb-18-2013

Z095 that is my order number that was assigned to me when they put the order for my car in the system. You will need this order and the dealer number when calling to check on the status of your car before you know what your VIN is.

The next important item is your VIN, everyone knows what that is so I won't explain it. Also MKZ that is obvious.

Okay there are two things that you are looking for here they are the Primary status and the secondary status. You will see my primary status is awaiting shipment and my secondary is sent off site - 16-39b. When you talk to the dealer or the customer care center make sure they read both statuses to you. My car has been in the primary status of awaiting shipment since the 8th but it has had a few changes in secondary status. At the end of the text string you will see two dates the first one is relative to the date that the system updated your current primary and secondary status. So my current status is as of the 21st of Feb. The last date is your ETA date which for me was the 18th.

Things are bound to get moving eventually. Now it's let's see if they deliver on the date. I ordered mine Nov-19-2012, it was built Feb-09-2013 and is still sitting there. At least that's what the update says. I believe it was Tatonka who had a different experience with the accuracy of the updates.

I suppose I was lucky. Although my eta changed in the end it did somehow make the train. Ordered 10/5 and delivered 2/23

Pretty baffled at the whole thing really as it stands now and whyTanners car which was built a few days before mine and would be delivered to a dealership 20 miles away didn't make the same train.

From Tanners post:

.." DeDonut I think you mentioned about resetting lifetime average, very important step. One thing you may not know though is that if you do a lifetime reset, you will also loss your "known places" resulting in your car having to relearn your frequest desitnations for the EV+ mode. So recommend right as soon as you get the car, do a lifetime reset, all trip resets, etc.... Start Fresh!..."

I understand why you'd want to reset the lifetime average after breaking it in for a while.But assuming the car hasn't been driven when you pick it up;why would you consider resetting it?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm expecting to have very minimal mileage on the car when I take delivery.

I think we are all a bit insane for hanging in. Any reasonable person would have juts gone and bought something else long ago. I feel like my head is going to explode. It's unfortunately become an obsession. I'm now feeling vindictive towards Ford.

The problem is that, like others, I don't really like my second and third options nearly as much, so I wait. I guess, the exercise to my patience will do me good in other areas.

Thanks mkztracker, and anyone else with inside information, for being there to give us even just a little bit of information that we weren't getting through the normal mechanisms.

:worship:

Hey , so i told you guys that I was starting to search other lincon dealerships in other states right? So i just got a call from one of them that told me that just got 7 Z's in of which 6 were special orders(Pre-Orders). Not sure how important that is but thought i would share. My Mom always told me sharing was good!!!

That's a decent number of pre orders. Did they also say that those pre orders were actually being delivered? Or did those customers decide to move on?

I suppose I was lucky. Although my eta changed in the end it did somehow make the train. Ordered 10/5 and delivered 2/23 Pretty baffled at the whole thing really as it stands now and whyTanners car which was built a few days before mine and would be delivered to a dealership 20 miles away didn't make the same train.

Apparently from the look of things there is only 1 train every 2 months or so. Either that or there really was a stop ship that they aren't fessing up to. How else do you explain built cars sitting for a whole month or more without budging? I tend to think of this plant as Area 51 Mexico division. No info in, and no info out, period! Not even to the CEO of Ford.

Edited by xgman

Can you tell how long your VIN has been avaiable? (ie: how long it took for the VIN to be created from the time you ordered it?) I'm trying to guage how long I should wait before I take the tracking into my own hands, seeing the issues that everyone seems to be having with their dealerships.

The date on my window sticker is 2/15/2013, my build date was 2/23/2013. According to the most recent update from Lincoln my car has finished production and is awaiting shipping. Earlier this week I was given an ETA of 3/11/2013. We'll see what really happens, but IMm glad I found this forum so I knew to ask questions and not just wait.

Apparently from the look of things there is only 1 train every 2 months or so. Either that or there really was a stop ship that they aren't fessing up to. How else do you explain built cars sitting for a whole month or more without budging? I tend to think of this plant as Area 51 Mexico division. No info in, and no info out, period! Not even to the CEO of Ford.

Have you tried asking some aliens for a probe of what's going on down there? ;)

Kidding aside, I totally agree with you. It would be nice to know how long the inspections are. From what they've said, the current ETA doesn't really apply any more as some of you have seen. More or less, some of the orders will be delivered by end of March hopefully.

Edited by Serraph

I've spent part of the day leaving messages for the dealership to get back with me so I can have information handy to start my own tracking, as I have seen others have issues getting information to come without having to reach out. So far, no returned calls. I'm starting to experience the dread that I've fallen into the black hole that I have read others have been in.

I've spent part of the day leaving messages for the dealership to get back with me so I can have information handy to start my own tracking, as I have seen others have issues getting information to come without having to reach out. So far, no returned calls. I'm starting to experience the dread that I've fallen into the black hole that I have read others have been in.

I was in that position once back in November, had a long talk with the dealer. Now they send me weekly updates as well as this forum and the great people who donate their time and effort to keep us informed.

With all these new people checking on their order, I feel like the kid that got left back in school and has to take the grade over again. I've been waiting here 5 months this week. eeek....

I've only been waiting 2 and half months but I'm the same as you. I have a scheduled build date of April the 8th and it feels like an eternity yet to go.

ROFLMAO---- Just finished calling LMC Customer Service.... Hi I would like to check the status of my car please... Yes may I have the VIN, sure.... Ok it still looks like the primary status is Awaiting Shipment... Oh ok and the secondary status.... I am sorry Sir I am not allowed to divulge that information to you..... What this is my car isnt it, you cant tell me where my car is ? I am sorry Sir, I cannot divulge that information.

OMFG, it just keeps getting better and better.

OMG, ok I want everyone to sit down before reading this post!!!

Just received email, my vehicle will ship on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cough cough* april fools?

Wow congrats. Finally right? Hopefully by truck and you can track it once it gets to the dealer.

So - here begins my personal "end game" ....

contacted LCS today (directly) about my custom order that was placed three weeks ago ...

surprised (1) that they did have a VIN, surprised (2) that the car was finishing production today and that (3) it has an ETA of MArch 11th ....

Now how close to that March 11th date we really are .....

who knows ..... but not too bad for a car that was only put into the order system on Feb 5th!

Hopefully, I don't look back on this post 6-8 weeks from now and I find myself wondering where my car is

:-)

http://www.inventory.lincoln.com/ser...6L2LU8DR810988

John

You are doing even better than ours...we ordered mid January and have same ETA of March 11

If it gets too late, another option may be waiting until Fall for the 2014s. If not, I should think the price would be adjusted for such late 2013s. Right now, they're 'flying off the shelf' as they come in but that could change. There may reach a point where the benefit to waiting just a bit longer for the 2014 will be obvious and the 2013s may not move so fast without price adjustments. There may also start to be questions on the street about why this 2013 model took so long to be released.