2013 MKZ Tracking

I understand the anxious feeling that many people have awaiting their pre-ordered car's delivery. I ordered mine December 15th and I think due to my option selection my car is delayed. I just want to say I have it worse than everybody here. My car has been issued a build date as of 3 weeks ago of The week of May 6th. I have a thin, glimmer of hope that it will be moved up but I have minimal optimism that will happen. My point is that I only buy a new daily driver once every 10 years or so, so I'm being patient. Nonetheless, I'm like each of you in that I want my car. All of you tracking your car with great anticipation are well ahead of me in this waiting game.

http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx states the contour seats are no longer an option. I would try having your dealer work to push it earlier. If they can't, just cancel that order and have them reorder as a priority 1.

Edited by SMSgt B

I ordered my MKZ on November 9. Today LCS called to tell me that the car will be shipped on Sunday directly to the dealer. The dealer call and confirmed.

I ordered mine the week after you,they won't give me a date for when the final inspection is to be,let alone an ETA to the dealer.

http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx states the contour seats are no longer an option. I would try having your dealer work to push it earlier. If they can't, just cancel that order and have them reorder as a priority 1.

I am a priority 1. He sent the report from Lincoln and I have it with option 66c which is the contour seats intact. I do think it's worth asking them to give me a confirmation though as I've read the Donnelly report. I'm holding out hope that Donnelly is wrong and I have a ton of hope that my independently owned dealership will come through for me. I know it's not the dealership's determination of availability but I'm hoping Donnelly is wrong.

Dedonut, XG I checked in with my dealership about the defective part the service manager said he had never heard of this. He said he went to the Oasis application to see if any recalls we're applicable and there was nothing there

I don't think you have much to worry about but your concerns are valid. They would have notified you if there was any safety issues and plus you have 4 year warranty.

Dedonut, XG I checked in with my dealership about the defective part the service manager said he had never heard of this. He said he went to the Oasis application to see if any recalls we're applicable and there was nothing there

Tanner,

Like I said before, I'm only stating what I was told ... they're probably blowing smoke up my @ss to shut me up.

Tanner, XG- I do believe if it was a safety issue, they'd fix it before releasing it … or recall, if absolutely necessary … but I think they'll do anything they have to do to avoid a recall on a new launch that has this much at stake for them. This isn't just another 'pretty face' Lincoln is releasing here … this is the first in a series they're building their new rep on.

A friend looked at my car when I got it and wanted to look under the hood. He had a terrible time getting the hood open. There might be something to that but I'd rather that then loose.

Current MKZ production.

• Ginger Ale paint has been discontinued and is no longer available to order.

• Contour Seats (66C) have been cancelled and will not be available to order

• Panoramic Roof (51C) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more

I called me dealer this morning and asked him to get me confirmation that the contour seats are cancelled for the model year 13! I will post back when I hear back.

Tanner, XG- I do believe if it was a safety issue, they'd fix it before releasing it … or recall, if absolutely necessary … but I think they'll do anything they have to do to avoid a recall on a new launch that has this much at stake for them. This isn't just another 'pretty face' Lincoln is releasing here … this is the first in a series they're building their new rep on.

A friend looked at my car when I got it and wanted to look under the hood. He had a terrible time getting the hood open. There might be something to that but I'd rather that then loose.

I'll have them inspect it regardless on first service. I haven't even opened the hood. In fact I can't remember the last time I opened a hood in any car I have owned. Times have changed.

I checked with my dealership over the weekend and they didn't know of anything concerning the latches. It doesn't mean there isn't something, considering the communication issues to the dealerships we have seen.

Last week's status: Awaiting Shipment - Sent Offsite - 15-12g (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Mar-13-2013, 03:43 MT.

This week's status: Awaiting Shipment - Sent Offsite - 17-29n (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Mar-22-2013, 08:22 MT.

At least it's moved...too bad it didn't go far

This is for those who have their cars now. Has anyone been contacted by the "Lincoln Curator" regarding the "Bespoke gift" that we could choose as appreciation for our purchase?

In the envelope with the brochure describing this gift, there was a separate note saying that we would be contacted by this "Curator". So far, I have heard nothing.

Last week's status: Awaiting Shipment - Sent Offsite - 15-12g (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Mar-13-2013, 03:43 MT.

This week's status: Awaiting Shipment - Sent Offsite - 17-29n (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Mar-22-2013, 08:22 MT.

At least it's moved...too bad it didn't go far

Anyone have a notion at what those numbers mean? High good? Low good? Nonsense?

This is for those who have their cars now. Has anyone been contacted by the "Lincoln Curator" regarding the "Bespoke gift" that we could choose as appreciation for our purchase?

In the envelope with the brochure describing this gift, there was a separate note saying that we would be contacted by this "Curator". So far, I have heard nothing.

You need to call them that you have taken delivery.

Wow ! This is the most informative thing I have read yet, regarding all the delivery problems. It seems that we, the customers, were treated about the same as the dealers, with no one getting good information.

Wow ! This is the most informative thing I have read yet, regarding all the delivery problems. It seems that we, the customers, were treated about the same as the dealers, with no one getting good information.

UGGH!

I think my car (like a bunch of us) is in there somewhere!

John

Yes. I had a call/message left Saturday, following up. She left her name and number and a reminder that all new 2013 MKZ owners have the gift coming. I noted that the message didn't just say those who pre-ordered.

On 3/22 the car was returned from the offsite to the factory. I was told that on 3/24 the car would ship directly to the dealer. Today I was called by the dealer and told that the car was moved from the factory to an offsite location and is again waiting shipment. My assumption is that the new offsite location is a staging area for the transportation. I have ordered cars before but, I have never seem such a horrible process. What should have been a good experience has turned into a true pain.

Since November 9 I have been told many different tails. Not sure what has been true but, this is getting old.