2013 MKZ Tracking

Love to know if it was worth the wait.

It almost didn't happen yesterday. My dealer sends me a screen shot showing the latest status (it's been with Allied Systems trucking since 2 April) and it stated an ETA is today (6 April). I call the dealer to find out what's going on and suggested they call Allied Systems to see when they plan on delivering it to them. I hung up, waiting for 2 minutes (impatient), and called myself. Allied System rep told me the car will NOT be delivered this week / weekend and WILL be delivered early next week. Here we go again.... I called the dealer, told them what I found out, and to fix this situation so I can pick it up either Friday or Saturday morning. Long story short, they sent my salesperson to Allied Systems to pick it up (ONLY 7 MILES AWAY!!!). Anyway, if I would not have called, I would not have our car in the driveway right now.

So to answer your question, once it was all over and we were finally leaving, the big smile on my wife's face while driving and the "Thank You" I got from her made it worth it to me.

Only one thing that caught my eye was the hood alignment. It seems there is a larger gap on the driver’s side vs. the passenger’s side. I looked at 10 other MKZ (yes, they have that many on the lot) and it seems to be a repetitious pattern. I'm still going to have them look at it and see if they can balance it out more. Also, tint goes on today as my wife states, "It looks like an old man's car without the windows tinted" ...LOL.

I went out last night and tried all combinations.....high beam, low beam, automatic with both high and low, sitting still, moving at various speeds, etc. No matter how I did it, the headlight beams did not move.

Dedonut, it sounds like you are saying yours do move, am I right? I do have them listed as standard equipment on my window sticker, but if those headlights move, I sure haven't figured out how to do it yet.......what a coincidence, the Lincoln ad showing the Hawk with the 'night vision goggles' is playing on my TV right now.

Ghostrider:

Sorry you have had negative results with the Adaptive Lighting malfunction. Suggest you elevate the problem to your dealership. I have passed my Navigation communication problem to the dealership, but still no response.

John

It almost didn't happen yesterday. My dealer sends me a screen shot showing the latest status (it's been with Allied Systems trucking since 2 April) and it stated an ETA is today (6 April). I call the dealer to find out what's going on and suggested they call Allied Systems to see when they plan on delivering it to them. I hung up, waiting for 2 minutes (impatient), and called myself. Allied System rep told me the car will NOT be delivered this week / weekend and WILL be delivered early next week. Here we go again.... I called the dealer, told them what I found out, and to fix this situation so I can pick it up either Friday or Saturday morning. Long story short, they sent my salesperson to Allied Systems to pick it up (ONLY 7 MILES AWAY!!!). Anyway, if I would not have called, I would not have our car in the driveway right now.

So to answer your question, once it was all over and we were finally leaving, the big smile on my wife's face while driving and the "Thank You" I got from her made it worth it to me.

Only one thing that caught my eye was the hood alignment. It seems there is a larger gap on the driver’s side vs. the passenger’s side. I looked at 10 other MKZ (yes, they have that many on the lot) and it seems to be a repetitious pattern. I'm still going to have them look at it and see if they can balance it out more. Also, tint goes on today as my wife states, "It looks like an old man's car without the windows tinted" ...LOL.

What color is your car? We were thinking about tinting ours also...

Only one thing that caught my eye was the hood alignment. It seems there is a larger gap on the drivers side vs. the passengers side. I looked at 10 other MKZ (yes, they have that many on the lot) and it seems to be a repetitious pattern. I'm still going to have them look at it and see if they can balance it out more. Also, tint goes on today as my wife states, "It looks like an old man's car without the windows tinted" ...LOL.

That's awesome. I hope this week for me.

Karen at LCS basically just told me not to trust Cyberdman's tracking information. I think she was just a little peeved that I called her out on him providing more detailed information about the shipping status of our car than LCS. Here's what I was after....a railcar number. No one is able to provide me with this. Not my dealer, not LCS nor has Cyberdman provided it (however I have not specifically asked him?). Karen at LCS said she couldn't tell if my car was on the railroad or if it was being shipped by semi.... what??? Why would they not know this? My kids are tired of my stalking the dealer's lot whenever we drive near it ;) For all of us I hope it shows up soon as we are 5 days shy of being 1 full month past our original ETA... BOO

Did I mention I really wanted to take our new car to an out of town wedding next weekend? Grrr....

Update: I was in at my dealer today to negotiate my trade in .... (very happy in that regard) ....

But for those of you that don't know - there is currently a "Conquest" incentive that has recently been introduced for ($750)

Plus - as has been discussed up here before the $750 private cash coupon that some have received with a physical Ford brochure or via a request for an electronic brochure is also being accepted on the 2013 Lincoln MKZs.

My dealer applied both $750 offers to my purchase price. This was on top of the X-plan pricing that I also had the opportunity to take advantage of ...

and my car is a hybrid .... so that should alleviate some concerns as well (Some people were asking wether hybrids were eligible for these incentives)

So all my paperwork is done, final numbers established, credit application filled out for financing, and I have a scheduled appointment for my pickup on Monday night .....

Won't be long now!

:dance:

John

Edited by jschmitt3
  • Like 1

jschmitt3 how 750 private coupon ??? Thanks

Ok - not an exact science - but it has worked for a bunch of people ....

if you go out to the Ford website and go to where you can "Order a brochure" (http://www.ford.com/brochures/) - they will ask you wether you want a printed one mailed to your house or simply download one!

I actually did both - I ended up getting an email a few days later (maybe 5-7 days) that issued me a private $750 cash offer. I needed to print out the email and take it with me to the dealer.

Then today - about 10 days after also asking for a physically printed brochure, i recevied a similar coupon the US Mail along with the printed brochures that were sent out.

I was only able to use one of these "private cash" offers per purchase .... but that should tell you that there are multiple ways to get the "private cash" deal.

I combined the 750 private cash with the 750 conquest offer to end up with $1500 in rebates/incentives on my 2013 hybrid MKZ

John

Ok - not an exact science - but it has worked for a bunch of people ....

if you go out to the Ford website and go to where you can "Order a brochure" (http://www.ford.com/brochures/) - they will ask you wether you want a printed one mailed to your house or simply download one!

I actually did both - I ended up getting an email a few days later (maybe 5-7 days) that issued me a private $750 cash offer. I needed to print out the email and take it with me to the dealer.

Then today - about 10 days after also asking for a physically printed brochure, i recevied a similar coupon the US Mail along with the printed brochures that were sent out.

I was only able to use one of these "private cash" offers per purchase .... but that should tell you that there are multiple ways to get the "private cash" deal.

I combined the 750 private cash with the 750 conquest offer to end up with $1500 in rebates/incentives on my 2013 hybrid MKZ

John

John, when I go to the website it does not have the MKZ as an option. What vehicle did you choose?

It would not allow me to proceed until a vehicle was selected.

Thanks

Karen at LCS basically just told me not to trust Cyberdman's tracking information. I think she was just a little peeved that I called her out on him providing more detailed information about the shipping status of our car than LCS. Here's what I was after....a railcar number. No one is able to provide me with this. Not my dealer, not LCS nor has Cyberdman provided it (however I have not specifically asked him?). Karen at LCS said she couldn't tell if my car was on the railroad or if it was being shipped by semi.... what??? Why would they not know this? My kids are tired of my stalking the dealer's lot whenever we drive near it ;) For all of us I hope it shows up soon as we are 5 days shy of being 1 full month past our original ETA... BOO

Did I mention I really wanted to take our new car to an out of town wedding next weekend? Grrr....

I was given that same line about the visibility report, which I think is crap. There isn't someone out there with each vehicle. As they are scanned at each milestone there has to be an update posted to that database. So why not use it?

John, when I go to the website it does not have the MKZ as an option. What vehicle did you choose?

It would not allow me to proceed until a vehicle was selected.

Thanks

It doesn't matter what vehicle you choose, the coupon if you get it is for most of Ford/Lincoln vehicles (the exceptions are on the coupon); the MKZ is not excluded from the list

John

Can someone post directions on how to reset the lifetime settings ? I can not seem to find in in the manual or working through it on the car - thanks

Lifetime reset is described on page 115 of the manual. You can download a searchable version of the manual in .pdf format from Lincoln's website and search for topics on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. It's much easier than trying to find things using the manual's index or table of contents.

From cyberman today

As of this morning

"2013 MKZ Hybrid".

In Transit - Passing (Csx Transportation ) Walbridge, OH Apr-08-2013, 02:05 ET.;

ETA Apr-17-2013.

Completely unofficial opinion here ....

but I would say that you are probably looking at a Fri. pickup at your dealership ...

:-)

John

Mine was in Walbridge Ohio, last Wednesday ........ (mine should be ready to pick up tonight)

SIx MKZs were delivered to my dealership Wed. One of them was my pre-order which went out the next day. Lincoln is finally releasing them and the newest round of pre-order folks won't experience what happened here … I hope! I want Lincoln to succeed and to be able to deliver the quality concierge customer service they've promised. And dealers are probably waiting to see if things are finally leveling out. When the MKZ backlog clears, reliable communication should resume.