2013 MKZ Tracking

Thanks I saw that but John preorder a hybrid and he got the conquest rebate. originally it was $750 and now it's $1000. He didn't take dealer stock so I am trying to figure out how he managed that. I'll check back tomorrow if the dealer can find it out if there is some sort of random thing they do to target certain area.

What I think happened in my case .... and I'm just guessing here .... is that the dealer may have had allocation room when I placed my order back in February; when I asked them about the 2 incentives, (2 days before I took delivery) they agreed immediately that I could have both offers. There wasn't even a discussion about it. The conquest deal I got was not worded with "leases" in mind, it was worded to owners of other vehicles. The $750 private cash did say "from dealer inventory" - maybe the car was considered part of their allocation, I don't know. He did have another car that had arrived that was almost exactly like mine ..... why deny me the private cash offer when I could have just asked to take the other vehicle off his hands instead.

At the time last Monday - I was quite happy how everything worked out!

Still am .... hope everyone else can get the best deal possible .... I ended up getting 2.29% on the financing side.

What I think happened in my case .... and I'm just guessing here .... is that the dealer may have had allocation room when I placed my order back in February; when I asked them about the 2 incentives, (2 days before I took delivery) they agreed immediately that I could have both offers. There wasn't even a discussion about it. The conquest deal I got was not worded with "leases" in mind, it was worded to owners of other vehicles. The $750 private cash did say "from dealer inventory" - maybe the car was considered part of their allocation, I don't know. He did have another car that had arrived that was almost exactly like mine ..... why deny me the private cash offer when I could have just asked to take the other vehicle off his hands instead.

At the time last Monday - I was quite happy how everything worked out!

Still am .... hope everyone else can get the best deal possible .... I ended up getting 2.29% on the financing side.

Thanks John, I just refreshed the incentive page on Lincoln. They changed it again where it use to be the .9% financing + $1000 conquest. Now there is 3 incentives, with 2 $1000 conquests being the other. It's stand alone now but it can be combine. I should be screen shot that while it was up. Maybe all my inquiries to the dealer made them think uhoh too much cash back.

The $750 private Cash offer can be obtained by requesting a mail brochure on the Ford Fusion + Hybrid.

The fine print says it can be used in combination with any other offer,& is good for the MKZ.

I picked up my car late last night so only drove it home.

Today,After thoroughly cleaning the screen with the Lincoln optical cloth, I just finished putting the Nushield on the display &,dang-it-all,there's something dead center under it.

Couple of minor points I had answered after studying the on-line owners manual & finallly getting the car;

There is no difference between putting the car into "Neutral Tow" (pg.113) & the "Stay in Neutral" setting for car washes (pg.186)

You don't need to touch the brake to go from D to L gear or back again.

I was concerned after reading Autolock/Autounlock (pg.64-65) about driving through a bad section of town.What if someone comes up & tries to open the door?

Will it open?The answer is no,if the key fob is INSIDE the car.

Though it's not mentioned in the manual (p.188)Hill-start Assist only works if the car is going < 20mph.

I wasn't sure if Eco-cruise Control was a separate entity from Standard/Adaptive Cruise Control.It's not.Eco-cruise works with both Standard or Adaptive CC.

Also, a question had come up before about whether the MKZ's headlights move when the steering wheel is turned.I think that I noticed it:

Adaptive LED Headlamps with Auto High Beams

The standard adaptive LED headlamps turn with the steering wheel angle and vehicle speed to allow a greater field of vision around the darkest curves. Using a windshield-mounted camera that monitors traffic conditions, the available auto high beams can switch to high-beam intensity when no other vehicles are near, and revert to low-beam intensity when sensors detect the headlamps or taillamps of other vehicles.

Edited by jjbklb

Can someone who has a car already verify that the one touch up power-window function (pg.87)doesn't work in all MKZ's.
The one touch down works fine in all windows.;but to RAISE the windows requires me to continue holding the button up.

What about in your cars?

Can someone who has a car already verify that the one touch up power-window function (pg.87)doesn't work in all MKZ's.

The one touch down works fine in all windows.;but to RAISE the windows requires me to continue holding the button up.

What about in your cars?

The one touch down works on both front windows in mine, but the up feature only works on the passenger side. I'm bringing my car in tomorrow to get the windows tinted so I was going to ask them if this is a problem or if it is supposed to be that way. I don't know why it wouldn't work on the drivers window since my '07 MKX had it.

The one touch down works on both front windows in mine, but the up feature only works on the passenger side. I'm bringing my car in tomorrow to get the windows tinted so I was going to ask them if this is a problem or if it is supposed to be that way. I don't know why it wouldn't work on the drivers window since my '07 MKX had it.

Works up and down on all windows for me.

What about in your cars?

This is an easy fix, both of my front windows wouldn't go auto up when I got it. Found the answer on a Fusion forum. Raise the problem window, holding the button, and CONTINUE HOLDING IT AFTER IT GETS ALL THE WAY UP FOR SEVERAL SECONDS. This resets something and they should work fine after that. I have had that problem with all 4 of my windows at times, and fixed all of them. I suspect you can accidentally hold the button too long some times and cause the problem to come back.

This is an easy fix, both of my front windows wouldn't go auto up when I got it. Found the answer on a Fusion forum. Raise the problem window, holding the button, and CONTINUE HOLDING IT AFTER IT GETS ALL THE WAY UP FOR SEVERAL SECONDS. This resets something and they should work fine after that. I have had that problem with all 4 of my windows at times, and fixed all of them. I suspect you can accidentally hold the button too long some times and cause the problem to come back.

Great post, Ghost. Mine didn't work but now they do. Thanks, I thought I had another trip to the dealership coming up! Thanks again. :worship:

Great post, Ghost. Mine didn't work but now they do. Thanks, I thought I had another trip to the dealership coming up! Thanks again. :worship:

Dedonut, I am also having the same problem as you with my adaptive headlights which don't seem to turn with the wheel. As for them telling you they just turn on sharp curves, I drove almost 100 miles the other night on as curvy a bunch of mountain roads you could find, and I never saw them turn once. Your service manager's suggestion that they only work or sharp turns reminds me of what the service manager told me about my brand new 2007 MKZ's navigation unit not working properly. It put me in the middle of a housing development instead of the Red Lobster. He said that the navigation units only worked in large cities, not places as small as Chattanooga. Problem was solved when I told my salesperson of his stupid remark, and she got me another DVD disc from a new MKZ and it solved my problem immediately. I've never been back to that dealer.

Also, it seems that when I hit the brights, the only thing that changes is that I vividly light up overhead interstate signs. They seem to be adjusted waaaay too high. Dims are good, but brights almost useless.

Edited by Ghostrider009

Thank you!

That put the window to rights in no time.

THANK YOU!!

Kim

My Lincoln care representative emailed me today to tell me my car went into production on April 16th. She will email back in 7 days to give a status report. Ironically my dealer emailed this evening with a little different info stating that the car will be built and ready to be shipped by next week with an ETA of May 6th. He gloomed and doomed that possibility and claimed more like the 16th of May.

Any thoughts? I'm in central southern Indiana...

At any rate, it's getting exciting!

Stent

So, on my daily stalking of our Lincoln dealer I pulled around back to find a truck making a delivery with our silver MKZ on it! Yay! Then I called our salesman and told him I was sitting next to this truck and was that our car. Poor Daniel...lol. Anyway, picking it up in the morning! :headspin:

Ok - we'll be anxiously waiting for pics!

:-)

Enjoy your first drive!

So, on my daily stalking of our Lincoln dealer I pulled around back to find a truck making a delivery with our silver MKZ on it! Yay! Then I called our salesman and told him I was sitting next to this truck and was that our car. Poor Daniel...lol. Anyway, picking it up in the morning! :headspin:

lol grats. There you go it pays to be proactive.

What about in your cars?

My MKZ-non hybrid works for one touch down, but not up. I think it is supposed to work both ways, but will pass that deficirncy back to Lincoln Service.

John

YOU GO! Congratulations.

I found out that my car has been sitting in the railcar in Benecia, a town literally 30 minutes away, since the 16th! Estimated delivery is the 24th!!!????! Honestly. I know that this the delivery issue now, but this is so ridiculous.

Remember me saying that Lincoln Customer Service as a conciliatory gesture will write a check to me for the equivalent of one months payment as if I had financed the purchase.

Well,I just received the check.It's for a whooping ....hold onto your hat.............$21.

So I guess that means that I could have financed the car & only paid $252 a year.

I can take my honey out for a burger,fries & coke.

Remember me saying that Lincoln Customer Service as a conciliatory gesture will write a check to me for the equivalent of one months payment as if I had financed the purchase.

Well,I just received the check.It's for a whooping ....hold onto your hat.............$21.

So I guess that means that I could have financed the car & only paid $252 a year.

I can take my honey out for a burger,fries & coke.

Sheesh .... Why even bother!?

SOOOO worth the wait!

One touch up and down both work. Thanks to all of you, I wouldn't have even known to check the up feature. I just programmed one of our two garage doors (that is soooo nice) but I couldn't get the other one to take. Ill try again later when my husband is back home...I got tired of hitting the learn code button in the garage then running to the car...in my pajama pants lol. This was after my husband woke up and found me sitting in the car in the garage this am :) Should be a nice day to get some pics if someone would remind me where the pic blog is...

Also, just under 30 mpg...already exeeding my 08 Fusion after day 1

Followed your recommendation and am pleased to say that all 4 windows now work on one touch. Thank you.

John