2013 MKZ Tracking

No. I got my car Feb 22nd. I've been on the road, traveling, since April 19th and have put a lot of miles on the car in 3 weeks, 4300+, and in a lot of conditions. I start home next week ... another 2000 miles. That may break my record for mileage in a month. I put 6085 miles on the 2011 MKZ a couple of months after I got that one. It wasn't a hybrid and didn't have as many gadgets but I think it was a better ride. I don't know what it is about this one but, on long distances when you're riding as a passenger especially, it feels like you're slightly rocking side to side. It's annoying. I also waited for this car and hate to complain about it but ....... it is what it is, at least from my experience. And the rocking or swaying is not something That any passenger was aware of in town. It's the long distance highway rides.

The rocking back and forth could be from the car adjusting to the side winds instead of having you veer off.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a combination of posts from before and on another forum, but I thought you would like to know how it all turned out.

(from February) Well, apparently what you get from the new Lincoln Motor Company has everything to do with finding the right salesman in the first place. I ordered a MKZ Hybrid last week (2/21) from an older gentleman who has been in car sales for 25 years. Found him back in December by calling and talking to several dealerships until I talked to someone who seemed to care. I told him I was interested but would only be sure when I could drive one. He kept in contact with me by email for two months basically telling me that everyone was frustrated but that the MKZs would eventually be here. He got one on the lot [a dealer order, not pre-order] on 2/20 at 10 AM. It was sold by 3 PM the same day but he held the car for me until the next day so I could test drive it. He even convinced the other buyer to allow this.

When I decided to order one he gave me the list prices, agreed to the discount I requested, spent 30 minutes finding the application for the Lincoln Maker Program and entered the paper work for that then entered the order. He told me that the deposit was $500 and that they had to fax the copies to Lincoln to prove that they were not trying to sneak in extra dealer orders by calling them a pre order. He said that if I did not mind he was just going to hold the check and not cash it since the deposit was fully refundable. Note: he still has my check and has not cashed it. He said he would keep me updated.

Now, today, one week later, with no urging or request on my part, I have received an email from him stating that the order is accepted and my scheduled build is the week of March 25. He also indicated he would send me the VIN number as soon as it was assigned.

It may take longer to get, the central office may be lying to him, and other areas of the company may make communication impossible, but the information is available to any salesman who wants to support his customer.

Not only do we love the car, the treatment has been first class.

Maybe this guy should give classes to the other salesmen.

Charles

To complete the above story, this is what happened.(from May)

Our car arrived at the dealership on 4/29/2013, just over 9 weeks after order. We were on vacation and our salesman stored it for us until we returned and were able to pick it up. (5/16/2013) We received the car in perfect condition, no dings, no body pannels misaligned, no problems at all with only 6.5 miles on it. Have had it one day and driven 53 miles. The salesman reset the lifetime mpg for us without us even requesting it. Currently showing 30.9 mpg but has no history to work with. Totaly satisfiedcustomer here.

On top of all of this, I called him two days before we were to pick it up and gave him a promotion code (for $1000 conquest cash) and an X-Plan pin given to me by LCS. I expected the $1000 off from my original quote, I hoped for the X-Plan although I knew there might be some difficulty, I never expected what I got! When we showed up he had reduced the pricing by $1000 cash, $1400 X-Plan, an additional $750 rebate he found himself and another $800 from various waived dealer fees and taxes. Total savings after ordering the car was almost $4000. He also spent 3 hours teaching us about the controls on the car and expects us to return in 3-4 weeks for a free class on the car after we have time to become accustomed to it.

If anyone wants to order a Lincoln in Georgia just ask me and I will tell you where to go to get the best service from a salesman.

can anyone find my car ? Thanks

3LN6L2LU4DR821390
Ordered 2/28 Hybrid. Still waiting
partner ordered V-6 a week later and he's been driving for 3 weeks.

The vehicle does show up in ETIS, it's build date is 05.15.2013

Once you get 10 good posts, you can go here http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/ to get a weekly info on where the car is.

Make sure you read the rules.

Yes we do remember. It was worth the wait IMO. Like I've said many times before we kept coming back to the Lexus dealer due to the massive delay on the MKZ but in the end we stuck with the Z and it was the best decision ever. We're extremely happy with the MKZ and will probably look at Lincoln again in 4-5 years for the wifey. She wants the MKC but we're going to wait for the 2nd MY MKC and not jump at it the moment it's available for preorder.

The MKC was spotted at the world headquarters today; quite a site to be seen. My fiance is eager to purchase as well - if she is still interested in the Fall I will probably avoid the traditional pre-order. Many lessons to be learned from others on this forum. My dealer stock converted to a pre-order was one of the first on the road. I would likely pursue the same route for the MKC.

33wtd09.jpg

Edited by markd4864

LOL 7600 miles and I'm also looking at the MKC. :kuko::banghead:

Did you ever figure out what was causing the 'rocking' sensation on the highway? What setting are you using, 'sport', 'normal', or 'comfort'? I set mine at 'comfort' on the way home from the dealer and have left it there ever since. It was on 'normal' when I got it, but the ride felt harsh to me. I have never experienced the sensation you describe.

When I finally figured out how to drive for economy, my lifetime summary starting coming up from 36mpg. Got 2600 miles now, and am up to 40.1 and still rising.

Did you ever figure out what was causing the 'rocking' sensation on the highway? What setting are you using, 'sport', 'normal', or 'comfort'? I set mine at 'comfort' on the way home from the dealer and have left it there ever since. It was on 'normal' when I got it, but the ride felt harsh to me. I have never experienced the sensation you describe.

I haven't. We have wind warnings up here in Sacramento Valley today and I had to take the car in for service, which is about 70 miles round trip. It's still the same thing … being buffeted and rocked. I think it's more related to suspension and 19" wheels and who knows what else … but then if that's true, why would my passenger and I be the only ones talking about it?

And I believe the Sport-Normal-Comfort settings apply only to the distances maintained in Adaptive Cruise, not the overall ride itself.

I haven't. We have wind warnings up here in Sacramento Valley today and I had to take the car in for service, which is about 70 miles round trip. It's still the same thing … being buffeted and rocked. I think it's more related to suspension and 19" wheels and who knows what else … but then if that's true, why would my passenger and I be the only ones talking about it?

And I believe the Sport-Normal-Comfort settings apply only to the distances maintained in Adaptive Cruise, not the overall ride itself.

???????

I am certainly no expert but...

When i experimented with Sport-Normal-Comfort i definitely felt different ride characteristics.

The "comfort" setting gave that "rocking", almost wallowing at highway speeds going over bridges with uneven road surface.

I set on Sport on the highway = no rocking.

I use the comfort setting around town to mitigate the hit going over speed bumps.

The Adaptive Cruise following distance is set by buttons adjacent to the cruise+ & cruise- buttons

If i am out to lunch on this please tell me as i thought i had that particular item figured out.

karl

Edited by entropy

The MKC was spotted at the world headquarters today; quite a site to be seen. My fiance is eager to purchase as well - if she is still interested in the Fall I will probably avoid the traditional pre-order. Many lessons to be learned from others on this forum. My dealer stock converted to a pre-order was one of the first on the road. I would likely pursue the same route for the MKC.

33wtd09.jpg

Beautiful car according to my wife. Like you said, we might avoid the preorder as well maybe wait for 2nd year model. She's not into big cars and thinks our MKZ is huge and hard to drive. Can't wait to get in and test drive one.

What service did you have done on the car? I'm still waiting on a resolution for the clicking/popping noise like some of the Fusion owners are experiencing. Small minority still but it's very annoying but hasn't affected the drive comfort at all.

Dedonut, as everyone else said, those 3 settings apply to ride and handling, not the cruise, and I would suggest you go into 'settings' as shown in the manual and try changing your setting. I don't experience that sensation with mine on 'comfort', and I have the same 19" wheels as you. But there could be some other difference in our cars which could cause your problems.

OK. I accept what you're saying about the settings being for the ride but I had it set to Normal (thinking it was the Adaptive Cruise setting) for probably 80% of the trip; 20% sport. I honest to G-- did not notice any difference. We had wind even up through So. CA and well into Central Valley and today I set it back to Normal coming home from the dealership and was still swaying. But you all raise a good point, I'm going back to sport (which I believe is a tighter suspension??) and see if I feel the difference. There is none of that with 'in-town' driving but exclusively on the highway.

Thanks for all the input and stay tuned. WOW, I wish I'd had this chat when we were in AZ, NM, OK, TX, AR, AL, GA, SC, NC, TN. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else check their recall notices? I thought I'd see the recall on a wiring cover issue the news stated last night but when I checked my owner site what I found was a recall for the replacement of the fuel delivery module.

I ran a vehicle report and checked it for any recall notices and didn't see anything. I also sent an email to my dealership asking them about the posted recall from yesterday. I haven't heard anything yet.

Are you registered on owner.ford.com? If you are it will show the recall by your VIN#.

BTW- will the fuel delivery module affect mpg? I'm only getting 33.6, have it on Empower, and do mostly but not all city driving. I watch it and it isn't changing.

Edited by Dedonut