2014 C-Max Hybrid Order Guide Availability Date

MadManMoon

Below is the latest information published in Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) regarding the C-MAX timetable.

• 08/30/2013 - 2013MY Fleet Final Order Date
  • TBD 2013MY Last Date to Spec Change/Cancel
  • 11/30/2013 - 2013MY Job Last Date
  • TBD 2014MY Order Bank Open Date
  • TBD 2014MY Scheduling Begins
  • TBD 2014MY Job #1 Date
  • Like 1

Interesting. 2014 MY C-MAX Order Guide is released by Ford dated May 14, 2013 indicating (zero) Changes yet the most recent FDNB still shows a 2013 JOB Last Date of 11/30/2013? I realize everything is subject to change or TBD but if they keep to that schedule and 2014 MY C-MAX arrive in Mar or Apr of 2014, one can assume a "refresh" or major update for MY 2015 perhaps launched as early as Fall of 2014, IMO.

Phil, I notice you keep saying the same thing over and over between lusting after DRLs and anticipating refreshed models. I seriously doubt you are going to see a C-Max refresh for the 2015 model year. A number of other models are scheduled for new 2015 models including the Mustang, F-150, Edge, and (likely) Explorer. I'd expect to see a refresh of the Focus and C-Max in 2015 as a 2016 model, keeping both on a typical 3-4 year refresh cycle.

timf; Perhaps, but considering the European "non-hybrid" C-MAX is on a 2010 Platform, it might come sooner, correct? That plus the fact that the MY 2014 Order Guide had absolutely no changes whatsoever, not even a Paint update? Maybe your right. I`m not very good at reading "Tea Leaves" I have to admit, but I did Pick "Oxbow" in the Preakness..LOL!

The European model debuted in 2010 as a 2011 model. It's not unheard of models going 5 model years between refreshes (example: the Escape went unchanged from 08-12 before the all-new 13 model). The North American C-Max is a limited production model due to the availability of hybrid components and does not warrant annual updates to keep it fresh. I'm sure the 2014 model will continue to see swift sales and limited dealer stock even without any changes, although it is disappointing that several features from the Escape and European C-Max still aren't available.

The European model debuted in 2010 as a 2011 model. It's not unheard of models going 5 model years between refreshes (example: the Escape went unchanged from 08-12 before the all-new 13 model). The North American C-Max is a limited production model due to the availability of hybrid components and does not warrant annual updates to keep it fresh. I'm sure the 2014 model will continue to see swift sales and limited dealer stock even without any changes, although it is disappointing that several features from the Escape and European C-Max still aren't available.

I was hoping that they would have at least added the rear-view Camera Monitor as standard equipment on both the SE and SEL Trim as they are doing on other Ford MY 2014 Vehicles. I thought they were a requirement by MY 2014 or MY 2015 mandated by NHTSA?

I was hoping that they would have at least added the rear-view Camera Monitor as standard equipment on both the SE and SEL Trim as they are doing on other Ford MY 2014 Vehicles. I thought they were a requirement by MY 2014 or MY 2015 mandated by NHTSA?

As much as it looked like the government was going to mandate a requirement for rear view video cameras, they actually decided not to require the cameras. Even so, many manufacturers are adding them to more models as standard equipment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

C-MAX Hybrid timetable updated 06/07/2013 via the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin)

• 08/30/2013 - 2013MY C-MAX Final Order Due Date
  • 10/10/2013 - 2013MY C-MAX Last Day to Spec Change
  • 11/30/2013 - 2013MY C-MAX Job Last Date

• 09/18/2013 - 2014MY C-MAX Order Bank Open Date
  • 10/17/2013 - 2014MY C-MAX Scheduling Begins
  • 12/02/2013 - 2014MY C-MAX Job #1 Date

C-MAX Hybrid timetable updated 06/07/2013 via the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin)

• 08/30/2013 - 2013MY C-MAX Final Order Due Date
  • 10/10/2013 - 2013MY C-MAX Last Day to Spec Change
  • 11/30/2013 - 2013MY C-MAX Job Last Date

• 09/18/2013 - 2014MY C-MAX Order Bank Open Date
  • 10/17/2013 - 2014MY C-MAX Scheduling Begins
  • 12/02/2013 - 2014MY C-MAX Job #1 Date

ice-capades; Thanks for the latest update on MY 2013 & MY 2014 C-MAX Scheduling. I`ll probably put a MY 2014 C-MAX order in with my local Ford Dealer using my X-Plan on 09/18/2013. I still fear that since the MY 2013 Run was extended to 16/17 months, there is a good chance that MY 2014 will be a shortened 8 month Run with a refreshened or new MY 2015 C-MAX being launched late Spring or early Summer of 2014. Anyone have a "Crystal Ball" to see what`s just around the proverbial corner? With MY 2013 production ending on Sat Nov 30 and MY 2014 starting 2 days later on Mon Dec 2, with no changes planned according to the MY 2014 Order Guide, it will be simply putting new VIN Tags on the Dash and Labels on the Door Jam. How exciting....

I fully expect that Ford is extending the 2013MY C-MAX Hybrid production for marketing purposes.

Perhaps, but since they have also decided to make (zero) changes and no upgrades whatsoever in MY 2014, why not just continue the MY 2013 through another year or 8 months until they decide to launch a refreshed or new C-MAX. Skip MY 2014 altogether and keep MY 2013 rolling and then have an early launch of a MY 2015 that has something new to offer both in looks and equipment and includes possible additional Paint choices? A new MY Vehicle which is only detectible through a VIN # Code is very odd indeed. Makes one very suspicious, you think?

Just curious, is their any other MY 2014 Ford Vehicle in their entire Fleet, (other then its C-MAX) that has "Zero" changes planned? Not even a Trim or Paint Color variation? Reasonable to assume that a major refresh or new C-MAX is not far down the road although there has been no rumors or spy photo`s to substantiate my suspicions, just saying......Fusion, Focus, Fiesta and Escape (all) have some Trim or Equipment change, yet nothing for the C-MAX? "Yesterday is history and Tomorrow is but a mystery"?

• 1 month later...

I've been wondering if the 2014 model year would bring any changes too. The new edition of Car and Driver (September 2013) claims "a 2014 update for the hybrid and Energi plug-in hybrid...will launch later this year." That's not exactly concrete, and could be considered a bit of a throw away line, but it's the first thing I've read anywhere that speaks to the 2014 model year. So at least there's that. :)

Any idea when the 2014 order guide will be available for the C-Max hybrid? Curious if they'll make any minor tweaks to options or colors.

• 3 weeks later...
According to the latest FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) the 2014MY C-MAX Order Bank is now scheduled to open on 09/20/2013 which is only a couple of days later than previously reported. The 2014MY scheduling will still start on 10/17/2013 with a Job #1 date on 12/02/2013.

Ford Media on Aug 15 reported that along with sending out new 2013 Ford C-MAX labels for existing Stock Vehicles and changing EPA Estimates (lower) from 47 MPG Average downward to 43 MPG they will be sending out "Good Will" Checks for $550 to all 2013 C-MAX Buyers who took delivery before the new Labels were Posted. Also, "New" Changes and Improvements now scheduled for the MY 2014 will be Front and Rear Wheel Air Deflectors (Mud Flaps?), better Hood Sealers, "A" Pillar Air Deflector Moulding Trim and Improved Air Deflector Spoiler design for top of Rear Door Hatch. Technical changes will include new CVT gearing rations to improve Fuel Economy as well. I`m surprised all these small improvements did`nt come immediately for MY 2013 with a JOB 3 update. Perhaps all the Commodities needed are not yet available or in stock so they will simply wait until Dec for the MY 2014 run.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe I`m missing something but at the bottom of all 9 pages of the 2014 Ford CMAX Order Guide was the mention of "*" indicating (new) for 2014 MY, but I did`nt see any item that was marked with a "*"? Other them the VIN# and the previously mentioned items Ford Media released earlier, looks pretty much like very little change.

It doesn't look like anything has changed between the original version of the 2014 order guide (before it was delayed) and the new version - it's still unchanged between the 2013 and 2014 from an option standpoint. The delay was obviously due to the engineering changes required to increase fuel economy, but these are all behind the scenes and don't affect the customer-facing equipment so the order guide doesn't reflect them. The star indicating new features is part of the footer of all order guides and appears whether or not there are any changes.

Maybe I`m missing something but at the bottom of all 9 pages of the 2014 Ford CMAX Order Guide was the mention of "*" indicating (new) for 2014 MY, but I did`nt see any item that was marked with a "*"? Other them the VIN# and the previously mentioned items Ford Media released earlier, looks pretty much like very little change.

timf's reply to your posting was accurate. The footnote is included in all order guides. Any new items are marked with the "star" icon next to the new feature on the appropriate model/equipment pages of the order guides.