2014 C-Max Hybrid Order Guide Availability Date

MadManMoon

I see that for the 2013 C-Max, the final order date is 5/3/13, the 2014 order bank opens on 3/25/13, and 2014 Job 1 is 7/8/13.

Any idea when the 2014 order guide will be available for the C-Max hybrid? Curious if they'll make any minor tweaks to options or colors.

Thanks!

Usually the order guide is released around the day the order bank openes (+/- a Week) though there are exceptions.

Cooled seats are never going to happen unless they make a Lincoln version of the C-Max. New colors are likely. I'm not sure why they don't currently offer a darker blue since they have it on the Focus already. The main additions I'm hoping for are a Titanium trim with HID's and BLIS, all things already offered in Europe.

• 2 months later...
No it is not. The 2014 model year has been pushed back until December, so I would not expect the order banks to open and order guides to be released until sometime in September or October.

That's what I thought, but my parents are in the process of ordering a C-Max Energi and the dealer just told them the 5/3 is the last day to order a 2013 C-Max before the 2014 orders begin. I guess the dealer has old information. Thank you

x2. I won't order an Energi until I can get HID's and until MyFordTouch is able to run apps like Pandora.

I`ll make a deal with you. If we both can get the HID`s on the MY 2014 C-Max, I`ll trade you the MyFordTouch even it it runs apps like Pandora for either LED or regular DRL`s. Other then plugging in a portable Garmin GPS occasionally and loving Sirius/XM radio, I have absolutely no use for all that gadgetry. Its simply a distraction for me and I don`t need to annoy myself with voice activated technology while driving. I believe there is a limit to the amount of connectivity that needs to be performed while the Vehicle is in motion.. LIstening to the prompts from the (Lady) in my Garmin is quite enough, ........"recalculating"LOL

• 2 weeks later...
No it is not. The 2014 model year has been pushed back until December, so I would not expect the order banks to open and order guides to be released until sometime in September or October.

I'm hearing rumors that the hybrids have drivetrain issues, and that is the reason for delays of the '14 models. Anyone have any details?

There is still no information on why the 2013MY Job Last Date has been pushed back to December 1st. Ford may just be trying to maximize the sales numbers for the 2013MY C-MAX Hybrid for future marketing purposes but even this is just speculation. I have seen nothing about any rumored drivetrain issues.

With a Spring Launch of the 2014 MY C-MAX my guess is that will leave Ford with 2 choices.

1. Another 16 month extended MY 2014 Production Run skipping MY 2015 with an early launch of MY 2016

2. A shortened MY 2014 Production run with an early launch of MY 2015

Manufacturers often introduce new Models at times other then early Spring or Fall (but) eventually, the "Calendar Year" must be accounted for and something has to give. A couple years ago the New Toyota Camry was`nt ready for Launch in time so they has a very brief half year run with the scheduled next MY and then quickly killed it off and had a Mid-Year Introduction of the following (next) MY Camry. Lucky buyers, depending on when that purchased their (New) limited production "last generation" Camry took a full years depreciation hit in less then half a year. Its nice to have at least a full year before the full blow of new Car`s Depreciation hits!

If there's anything Ford has proven in the past, it's that model year schedules change from year to year and can vary greatly. For example, the 2012 model year was very short for many models such as the Explorer, Taurus, and Edge. When I bought my Edge in March of last year, the 2013 model was already in production. Fast forward to this year and the Edge has a similarly late 2014 model debut date to the C-Max. This means the 2013 model year run is a whopping 21 months! Not to mention there is an all-new model due for 2015, so the 2014 model year will likely be a short run as well.

So, what you can take away from this is there will surely be 2014 and 2015 models. They won't skip a year, but a 6 month long model year is not out of the question. For that matter, the December model year switchover could become the norm for the C-Max and you could get a full 12 month 2014 run. Don't worry so much about the year and just buy the car when you're ready.

Personally, I hate to take the thousands of dollars depreciation hit and see not just a mild (refresh) but an (all-new) Model get launched less then a year from when I took delivery of my Vehicle. Its nice to have a couple years ownership under the belt before what your driving becomes "redundant". Timing is everything and Ford is not sharing their "Crystal Ball" of their future C-MAX intentions.

I do see one minor change. Remote Start is now offered as a factory installed accessory on the Hybrid SEL (as opposed to dealer installed) and comes with integrated key fobs when factory installed. I still have a hard time believing this is it, as there's absolutely nothing in here that would explain a delay until December. They didn't even add the Sunset color most other models are getting.

Since the MY 2014 C-MAX has (zero) Changes with the sole exception of the Remote Start now being offered as "Factory Installed" instead of "Dealer Installed" why even start a new Scheduling Bank for MY2014? They don`t even have to stop the Production Line. Beginning on whatever date Ford chooses, just start slapping on (new MY) VIN # and start Printing updated Window Stickers reflecting any possible Price changes? Hyundai and Kia does this all the time. On the same Vehicle Carrier, mixed MY Vehicles (same Model) are unloaded at the same time. Nice to see that Ford continued the practice of making the Daytime Running Lights, Option Code # 942 ($45) a Fleet Only Availability requiring a Valid "FIN'. Thats a huge relief! Odd that Ford has moved forward with installing Rear View Camera`s as Standard Equipment on much of their MY 2014 Product Line but chose not to include it on their MY 2014 C-MAX. Guess you got to leave something to look forward to for the MY 2015 which IMO will commence in less then a year after a shorten MY 2014 production run.

There is a big change for MY2014 C-MAX Hybrid.

Based on page 8 of the order guide, there will be a less expensive C-MAX 'S' Series, to go with the Fusion Hybrid 'S' Series.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENGINE BLOCK HEATER ......................................................... 41H Standard and only available in AK, MN, ND, SD, MT, WI
and WY states. Other states available via FCSD

NOTE: Fleet Only – Engine block heater optional in all states with valid FIN code.

NOTE: Includes Electrical Supplemental Heater (Except S Series)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which means an entry level $23,200 C-MAX 'S'(based on price variance between Fusion 'S' and 'SE') should cost $1,000 less than the entry level Prius liftback at $24,200, and $3,450 less than the entry level Prius v.

Hmmm. I was watching this thread for at least a week before we paid the $500 deposit and ordered our C-max hybrid sel. I saw the talk about the order guide not coming for months, possible short MY run, and the likelihood that there would be minimal changes. We went ahead and paid the deposit on 5-9-13. We are anxiously awaiting our build, was told 8 weeks. We got it black/black loaded up with 303a package, sunroof, remote start, and exterior protection(for the mudflaps). This is the first time we have ordered a build.

I don't see where I could add anything else with the new ordering guide.

So my question becomes, what are the chances our C-max could be a 2014? That would be kind of cool to get one of the first MY14's off the line.

Edited for a second question: Also, would my remote start be done at factory? I hope so, we would prefer it, thought it was in the first place.

Edited by Slampro

No word yet on the revised 2013/2014MY C-MAX timetable. The latest FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) from last Friday still shows a 2013 Job Last date of 12/01/2013 which has to be incorrect since they just released the 2014 C-MAX Order Guides. Scheduling usually starts a month after the order guides are released and the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is open. Job #1 is usually a month after scheduling starts. Hopefully Ford will update the C-MAX timetable soon so that these questions can be answered.

Hmmm. I was watching this thread for at least a week before we paid the $500 deposit and ordered our C-max hybrid sel. I saw the talk about the order guide not coming for months, possible short MY run, and the likelihood that there would be minimal changes. We went ahead and paid the deposit on 5-9-13. We are anxiously awaiting our build, was told 8 weeks. We got it black/black loaded up with 303a package, sunroof, remote start, and exterior protection(for the mudflaps). This is the first time we have ordered a build.

I don't see where I could add anything else with the new ordering guide.

So my question becomes, what are the chances our C-max could be a 2014? That would be kind of cool to get one of the first MY14's off the line.

Edited for a second question: Also, would my remote start be done at factory? I hope so, we would prefer it, thought it was in the first place.

If you ordered a 2013MY C-MAX it'll be scheduled and produced as a 2013MY vehicle. Ford does not roll over orders to the next Model Year! If you want a 2014 C-MAX the Dealer must order it as a 2014.

• Like 1

There is a big change for MY2014 C-MAX Hybrid.

Based on page 8 of the order guide, there will be a less expensive C-MAX 'S' Series, to go with the Fusion Hybrid 'S' Series.

ENGINE BLOCK HEATER ......................................................... 41H Standard and only available in AK, MN, ND, SD, MT, WI

and WY states. Other states available via FCSD

NOTE: Fleet Only – Engine block heater optional in all states with valid FIN code.

NOTE: Includes Electrical Supplemental Heater (Except S Series)

Which means an entry level $23,200 C-MAX 'S'(based on price variance between Fusion 'S' and 'SE') should cost $1,000 less than the entry level Prius liftback at $24,200, and $3,450 less than the entry level Prius v.

Since the rest of the order guide only indicates a C-Max SE and SEL I'm inclined to think that this is a typing error

I think your correct that the isolated mention of the "S' Series in regards to the Supplemental Electric Heater was an error. Most thought that the SEL Series would have been replaced with the Titanium Series too. Guess only Mustang gets the cutsie LED`s incorporated into their Headlamps as well. Even with an earlier JOB 1 date for MY 2014, my guess is that a (refreshed) MY 2015 will not be far down the road during the 2014 Calendar year. Think I`m going to wait it out and just purchase a Ford ESP extended warranty for my 2011 Fiesta an sit tight. Of course, my current X-Plan Pin # is burning a hole in my pocket and will expire by next March. Guess I`ll just have to apply for a new PIN#.

Just thinking about why MY 2014 is an exact carry over of MY 2013 with no changes, whatsoever. The North American C-MAX is basically a "Hybrid" version of the European Ford C-MAX thats on a 2010 Platform Design. Chances are that a completely new C-Max is already in the works for a Launch probably before 2016. So, its either Pull the Trigger now or be patient and sit it out for another year or two. Now, a Lease looks like the better way to go!