MKZ Owners and Car Pictures

Hines Park and the other Detroit area dealers have hardly any hybrids on order, which is surprising considering everyone who tracked their preorders here is getting a hybrid. I wonder what their reasoning is, or if this is just the order their stock orders happened to be built.

They are short sighted mid-level sheep. Or, they cater to people who like to drive fast and waste gas.

Edited by xgman

When I reviewed stock before my purchase in early january there were only two hybrids in all of metro-detroit on order with build dates in january. I was suprised ..the dealer prinicipal explained that b/c his dealership doesn't very much volume he was required to purchase a couple hybirds as almost a penalty, as he described. It makes sense I suppose, the hybrids accounted for such a small percentage of sales in the past.

When I reviewed stock before my purchase in early january there were only two hybrids in all of metro-detroit on order with build dates in january. I was suprised ..the dealer prinicipal explained that b/c his dealership doesn't very much volume he was required to purchase a couple hybirds as almost a penalty, as he described. It makes sense I suppose, the hybrids accounted for such a small percentage of sales in the past.

When I was doing my state by sate search, I'd say 85% of the cars were gas. I guess American's still like to overpay at the pump for the benefit of going fast between stop and go traffic.

Well I picked up my MKZ last Thursday and I must say that i absolutely LOVE this car! What a difference from my 2008 MKZ which gave almost 5 years of rather trouble-free ownership. I've taken a few pics but since we've had some snow almost everyday since i got it the car hasn't been very clean.[attachmentattachicon.gifphoto.JPG=12819:Interior1.JPG]attachicon.gifDash.JPG

Nice color choice!

Two have arrived at my dealer. One is for sale (base with sunroof), and the other is loaded with the big sunroof. The salesman said that Lincoln required that it be held for loaner duty for 6 months.

I drove the base model. I have a nice Audi A6 with more power, so The MKZ felt a tad weak, but I drove it gently and didn't give it much throttle. I really liked the base seats. I didn't go for much of a drive. The turning radius was tight. I'd like to test drive a Hybrid.

Overall, I was quite impressed.

Ok here are the first pics I have, keep in mind the car is dirty and has not been detailed as it just got off the train and delivered to the dealer.

post-49348-0-81219500-1362940595_thumb.jpg

Its true XG they really did build our cars!!!!! You guys are next!!!!!!

Edited by tanner83

Ok here are the first pics I have, keep in mind the car is dirty and has not been detailed as it just got off the train and delivered to the dealer.

attachicon.gifTanner MKZ Front Shot1.jpg

Its true XG they really did build our cars!!!!! You guys are next!!!!!!

Grats again. Did you wait for them to finish prepping the car? How long was the wait from dealer prep to taking delivery?

Grats again. Did you wait for them to finish prepping the car? How long was the wait from dealer prep to taking delivery?

I took the pics today Serraph, so the car had not been prepped, and I was just shooting pics through the fence. Tomorrow they will start the entire prep to deliver tomorrow at 2pm. Should be beautiful. I am working on the background for my photo shoot for you guys!

So for you West Coasties, the cars will probably come by rail to the closest rail head(although not positive see previous post of cars in phoenix being trucked to San Diego) but my situation the car sat for about 2 days on the rail yard lot before being picked up and dropped off at dealer. My dealer is prepping and delivering in one day. Can't say I blame them, I have been a royal pain in the arse!!

SMSGT, did you see my earlier posting, where is your car now??

I took the pics today Serraph, so the car had not been prepped, and I was just shooting pics through the fence. Tomorrow they will start the entire prep to deliver tomorrow at 2pm. Should be beautiful. I am working on the background for my photo shoot for you guys!

So for you West Coasties, the cars will probably come by rail to the closest rail head(although not positive see previous post of cars in phoenix being trucked to San Diego) but my situation the car sat for about 2 days on the rail yard lot before being picked up and dropped off at dealer. My dealer is prepping and delivering in one day. Can't say I blame them, I have been a royal pain in the arse!!

So happy for you. I bet you probably can't sleep tonight. Anxious?

I'm hoping for the end of this week also. No word on mine either but it went out on the last batch. If they are trucking it, then it's 37hours from Flatrock, MI to WA. My dealer is frustrated as I am with the delays. Telling me he can't wait til the nightmare is over.

Picked it up Saturday, took these pics yesterday.

Ruby Red, Dune interior

I also ordered the red (no pano) as well, but with the charcoal interior. I wavered so much on the color from red to white to the dark grey, but the red kept drawing me back.

Tanner,

I have no frick'n idea where the hell our car is. My dealer's GM called today to let me know that according to the system, our car is still at Flat Rock going through final inspection and they put a rush on it to get it here ASAP!. We told him his own sales manager stated on 1 March (Friday), they received an email from Lincoln stating my car was release from Flat Rock and will be loaded on a truck heading here. Last Friday (8 March), the dealer received their 3 MKZs they had on order in which they received the email from Lincoln 3 days before they received mine. So I figure 10 days to get here based on their 3 MKZs. Well, today is my 10 days and still no car; still thinks it is in Flat Rock.

I am a pretty patient, calm-collected kind of guy and understand sh!t happens, but now I'm about to loose my cool. I'm about to say screw the car, screw Lincoln, and go back to German-made engineering. I'll give Lincoln until Friday to get my car in, or I will probably walk away; which is what the dealer wants me to do due to the the price I negotiated.