MKZ Owners and Car Pictures

Hmm. there is a dealer decal above the MKZ. Can you not have that applied? I think they should pay you extra for advertising. ;)

That's the first thing I told my dealer .. no sticker/badges on it and also make sure you do NOT mount the front license plate or you will buy me a new bumper.

Hmm. there is a dealer decal above the MKZ. Can you not have that applied? I think they should pay you extra for advertising. ;)

I have a great dealer, I've bought 3 cars from him and my son has bought 2. Can't even come close to his prices anywhere else, so I leave his stickers on out of appreciation. He had given me an unexpectedly great trade allowance back in September, and actually upped it by $300 when I picked it up Saturday.

That's the first thing I told my dealer .. no sticker/badges on it and also make sure you do NOT mount the front license plate or you will buy me a new bumper.

They can place stickers on my car if they pay me a monthly advertising fee! Or place my company advertising on top of their FORD sign maybe. It is amazing to me how some people let them do this. I don't even allow the lic frame holders on. Why should I?

Ok guys, for those of you that ordered a hybrid, I am sure you know by now that the car does not come with a donut, but instead with a small air compressor and a can of tire sealant. Here is the question. As I was flipping through the various settings in the left hand screen, I noticed that there was a particular screen on this tire compressor/sealant. Why do you think that is there?

As many times as Serraph has read the owners manual probably has this answer memorized?? Come on Serraph hit me with it!! :)

Edited by tanner83

Ok guys, for those of you that ordered a hybrid, I am sure you know by now that the car does not come with a donut, but instead with a small air compressor and a can of tire sealant. Here is the question. As I was flipping through the various settings in the left hand screen, I noticed that there was a particular screen on this tire compressor/sealant. Why do you think that is there?

As many times as Serraph has read the owners manual probably has this answer memorized?? Come on Serraph hit me with it!! :)

My best guess is how long you had the mobility kit. There is a set # of years which I'm not sure. Perhaps the material/chemical inside degrades after XX amount of years? Something like a shelf life. Other than that. I don't know.

Oh and another thing, the mobility kit is a one time use thing and needs to be replaced each time you use it.

Edited by Serraph

So when you say you have to replace it, surely you just mean the can of tire sealant that I can pick up from Pep Boys for like 12 bucks right?

Yes and something about the tube as well. Not sure what that is. I only saw the pump but not the sealant at the auto show. Once you use the can of sealant you have to order/replace that along with some tubing. From reading further, looks like it's proprietary.

Edited by Serraph

Question for owners who have their MK Z .

Can you share your impressions regarding the new LED headlamps.

Very nice, clear and bright. I was initially worried but the headlights work very well.!!

I love the little LED accent lights below the headlamps in the bumper facia, really is distinct.

Yes and something about the tube as well. Not sure what that is. I only saw the pump but not the sealant at the auto show. Once you use the can of sealant you have to order/replace that along with some tubing. From reading further, looks like it's proprietary.

Thanks Serraph, yep now I remember now. Although all those cans come with a tube of some sort to get the sealant into the tire don't they?

Thanks Serraph, yep now I remember now. Although all those cans come with a tube of some sort to get the sealant into the tire don't they?

Yes and that's the tube that you need to replace as well. Another thing is you need to replace the cannister after 4 years on the date of the cannister. So I think that's what the submenu on the IP is for as a reminder perhaps.

Question for owners who have their MK Z .

Can you share your impressions regarding the new LED headlamps.

I will echo what Tanner said, they are very clear and bright. The accent LED lights are quite elegant looking too.

I've had my car almost a month now and am loving every minute of it!

I will echo what Tanner said, they are very clear and bright. The accent LED lights are quite elegant looking too. I've had my car almost a month now and am loving every minute of it!

Yep, I am loving every minute of it too... In fact probably to much as I got it last Monday and I already have over 300 miles on it!!!

XG/SMSGT you are really going to love this car I know that!!! I know it doesn't help with the frustrations, but if you can stick it out, it will be worth it!!

Wow, that looks sharp ! We have the red coming in one day and now I am thinking about tint too. Who did it for you - By the way we used to live in PHX, actually in Surprise and our middle one who will be getting the old KIA once the new car is in lives in Scottsdale now - We will be out there around Memorial week this year -

Looks good, I can't tell if they got the 2 front quarter panels windows or not but I'm sure they did $250 is a good price. Going to shop around and see what my options are.

AZ has a law on how dark the front windows can be, so those are not tinted as dark but they are tinted. You should drop me a email Bill when your out, would love to see your car in person if your driving!!

AZ has a law on how dark the front windows can be, so those are not tinted as dark but they are tinted. You should drop me a email Bill when your out, would love to see your car in person if your driving!!

Glad I live in FL ... they don't enforce their own tint law. Anyway, I also use a ceramic Formula 1 (LLumar Pinnacle Series); I go 5% all the way around and 75-85% UV shield on the front window; yes I even tint the front window. I'll probably do a 5% on the pano also.

http://www.formulaone.com/en/pinnacle.aspx