Ughh.. problems with the one-touch up

broncosCA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already sent an email to the service department of my local dealer to let them know. I think all recent owners need to do the same so that Ford sees the trend and fixes it.

Otherwise, it will just appear to be random problems with isolated cars.

Just wanted to let you know, this problem exists with the '13 MKZ, also. I am going out now to try the 'holding the button' trick.

I saw several posts on the MKZ forum prior to my receiving my car, advising that they had this same problem also.

I tried the 'fix' and it worked, all seems to be working fine now. Hope it keeps up.

Thanks to you folks for saving me a dreaded trip to the dealer for this issue.

Mine too doesn't seem to work on the front Windows... What's up with that... Time for a recall / ECU update!

When my salesman was giving me the demo at delivery time, he showed me the global open and close and all four windows worked fine, but the one-touch up on the driver's window, no joy. Will have to try the reset thing noted above.

Dealer checked the windows today, and consulted with the Ford "hotline." They believe the problem is related to a defective 12v (accessory) battery, which resets the windows if it goes under voltage. My dealership has had a few C-Maxes come in with this problem, but mine was the first Fusion. Will do a warranty replacement of the battery next week, and let everyone know how it works out.

Edited by Woodgrain

I got an email yesterday from my local dealer's service manager. They want me to bring the car in so they can check it out.

The driver's window one-touch stopped working the other day, and the press and hold got it going again. I think that in advance of my service appointment, when it happens again I will just leave it as is for them to check out.

I got an email yesterday from my local dealer's service manager. They want me to bring the car in so they can check it out.

The driver's window one-touch stopped working the other day, and the press and hold got it going again. I think that in advance of my service appointment, when it happens again I will just leave it as is for them to check out.

Mt FFH started getting the battery warning not long after I took delivery. It got more frequent until it came on all the time. The dealer replaced the 12v battery. My one-touch window settings would go out whenever the batter saver message displayed. This is happening a lot, I think Ford got a bunch of bad batteries.

I've had this window problem since I took delivery in December and I've had the dealer check it three times already. I too do the reset which works for a day or two. I also believe it is the battery issue when voltage drops. I only do short trips with the car and I'm told that is not enough time to charge up the battery enough and it falls below the acceptable level causing the windows to loose their memory. The dealer DID do an extensive check on my battery two times and said it is in good condition. They do a 45 min. battery check and each check says it passes. But there is still a problem. I'm thinking of using a battery tender to do my own test and if my window problem stays away then I can confirm the low voltage theory.

kaleido,

That's very interesting. I do mostly short hops, too, since I live less than 5 miles from where I work and only use local roads (no highways). Any after-work chores are on the way. I probably don't run the car long enough for a full battery recharge, either. Especially since I'm trying to maximize my EV miles, not my ICE miles (which I presume is what recarges the batteries).

It must be an inherent behavior of the design that expects longer driving runs.

If you consistently get the Battery Saver message the battery is dropping and it is affecting the one-touch windows. My dealer replaced my 12v battery and no problem since. My car got to where the message showed every time I turned the car off or turned the key to accessory mode.

If you take short trips the battery is not charging when it's in EV mode. It only charges when ICE is running. The dealer suggested a trickle charge once in a while, unless we take longer trips.

Another tip. The hybrid tech said to charge the battery in the trunk directly and not to charge using the 12v setup under the hood. He said the wires were to thick and long to do much good on a trickle charge.

Edited by hermans

Thanks for the hook it to the battery advise, I did do that today, but you confirmed it! It's charging now and the red charge light is on, when the battery is up to snuff the light goes green. I'll see how long it takes to go green. These battery tenders are great! I have one on a car I only put 800 miles a year on and the battery in that vehicle is 12 years old!

Thanks for the hook it to the battery advise, I did do that today, but you confirmed it! It's charging now and the red charge light is on, when the battery is up to snuff the light goes green. I'll see how long it takes to go green. These battery tenders are great! I have one on a car I only put 800 miles a year on and the battery in that vehicle is 12 years old!

I have one on a 1968 that has been in storage from the day it was new. The car is driven about 100 miles a year. It starts up every year.

• 6 months later...

I am having trouble with my one touch up and down...well, the window invoice said it's one touch up and down driver and passenger window.. Well, all mine work even with the key fob in global venting. Two days after buying the car, tried to us it.. well, all but the passenger window would work correctly.. Its started working a few days later.. now it's the driver window thats not working correctly. Took it by the dealer today they are going to check it out in the morning. I am going to wait for some crazy explanation. Its like it works when it want. What should I tell them to check if anybody know or have had the same problem and have been correct.

I am having trouble with my one touch up and down...well, the window invoice said it's one touch up and down driver and passenger window.. Well, all mine work even with the key fob in global venting. Two days after buying the car, tried to us it.. well, all but the passenger window would work correctly.. Its started working a few days later.. now it's the driver window thats not working correctly. Took it by the dealer today they are going to check it out in the morning. I am going to wait for some crazy explanation. Its like it works when it want. What should I tell them to check if anybody know or have had the same problem and have been correct.

Have you tried the reset procedure?