2014 Ford C-Max Dealer Order or Job 1 Date?

phil1336

Not to be a smart *#?, but I hope they figure out the 2013 orders before starting with 2014. :banghead:

Seriously, though, Fiesta, Transit, Edge, and of course, Mustang are the only models I've noticed any info on for 2014.

Per yesterday's Fleet Distribution News Bulletin, below is the latest information available for the 2014 Model Year...

• 05/13/2013 2014MY Order Bank Opens
  • 06/13/2013 2014MY Scheduling Begins
  • 07/08/2013 2014MY Job #1 Date

The new Model Year order guides are usually released to Ford Dealers on or about the time that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens.

• 1 month later...
Per yesterday's Fleet Distribution News Bulletin, below is the latest information available for the 2014 Model Year...

• 05/13/2013 2014MY Order Bank Opens
  • 06/13/2013 2014MY Scheduling Begins
  • 07/08/2013 2014MY Job #1 Date

The new Model Year order guides are usually released to Ford Dealers on or about the time that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens.

Please post the 2014 C-Max info once it's available. Thanks

New Job 1 date for the 2014 C-Max is now Dec.

If the MY 2014 C-Max Job 1 Date is Dec, 2013, considering the late December Holiday Shut Down, figure Jan 2014 actual production with Dealers receiving Inventory in Mar or Apr as a 2014 Model Year Vehicle? Very short Model Year Run or it will be a 2015 MY introduced in the Spring of 2014, thats my guess.

Edited by phil1336

Per the above posts, the "Job Last" date was recently pushed back to 12/01/2013. There is no information as to why this is being done or any dates released for the 2014 C-MAX order bank, scheduling or production dates. I'll try to post updates as they become available but I wouldn't expect any further information for several months.

Joey Tetreault

Advertising Manager & New Vehicle Inventory Manager

Bob Thomas Ford (Hamden, CT)

www.BobThomasFord.com

imho something strange is going on with FLincMoCo's scheduling,

almost like they're planning on bucking the practice of model years being used for the year before the calendar year ... imho2, it won't work

Say what? They've simply been releasing vehicles as soon as they're ready (or sooner in some cases ;) ). Some have been released in January, February, Spring, Summer, even late Fall. And they've been doing that for several years - this is nothing new.

Say what? They've simply been releasing vehicles as soon as they're ready (or sooner in some cases ;) ). Some have been released in January, February, Spring, Summer, even late Fall. And they've been doing that for several years - this is nothing new.

Thats is true but when have you seen any new MY Vehicle launched (after ) Mar or Apr of a Calendar Year and it not being an early release of the next MY Model? If Ford rolls out the next edition of the 2013 MY C-Max in the Spring of 2014 it will either be a (very) short MY 2014 run or it simply will be a MY 2015 Model skipping the 2014 MY altogether is my guess.