2014 Escape

ice-capades

Per yesterday's Fleet Distribution News Bulletin, below is the latest information available for the 2014 Model Year...

• 03/11/2013 2014MY Order Bank Opens
  • 05/02/2013 2014MY Scheduling Begins
  • 06/03/2013 2014MY Job #1 Date

The new Model Year order guides are usually released to Ford Dealers on or about the time that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens.

• 1 month later...
So pissed I have a loaded titanium without parking package and now rear view camera is standard on all...anyway to have ford install it as an accessory?

How is a car "without" one of the packages offered (in your case, the parking package) considered "fully loaded" (as indicated by your profile info)??

That's why I ordered a partially loaded Titanium with the parking technology package. I've used the park assist only a few times, but use the other features everyday, especially the rear camera.

Are you pissed at yourself for not ponying up the extra $995 dollars to have what you wanted, or could it be you're pissed that you bought a 2013 instead of waiting for what the future had in store, or are you pissed that Ford changed the rules of the game in round two? Maybe pissed is too strong a word to use, do you really mean that you're disappointed?

To answer your question, sure Ford or an after market shop can install a rear camera, getting an accessory or after market to work with MyFord Touch and display on the center screen is the tricky part.

Edited by transitman

The other changes I see are a new color "Sunset" and Bi-Xenon headlights (vs HID, naming convention change). Leather is now standard, but I like the partial leather trimmed seats much better IMO.

If the Sunset color looks anything like the '13 Santa Fe Canyon Copper I would be a little disappointed. Beautiful color.

I had my 08 edge with Nav dash board apart a few times. Not that bad.

Although, this guy seemed to be a little ruff with the process. I was a tad more gentle. I got to say the price for that thing is pricy...

Also, what is the supplemental heater that's mentioned?

Edited by blockisle9

The other changes I see are a new color "Sunset" and Bi-Xenon headlights (vs HID, naming convention change). Leather is now standard, but I like the partial leather trimmed seats much better IMO.

If the Sunset color looks anything like the '13 Santa Fe Canyon Copper I would be a little disappointed. Beautiful color.

See post #10 for a pic of sunset.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53453-two-new-ford-explorer-paint-colors/

I just found that picture on the same forum and was going to post it. Beat me to it. I like the sunset, but would like to see it in person. I settled for Tuxedo Black because there was not a color

I really liked. White platinum Tricoat looked nice, but I don't like paying extra for paint. It makes it that much harder to touch up and match the colors in the case of a fender bender.

Edited by schield

I had my 08 edge with Nav dash board apart a few times. Not that bad.

Although, this guy seemed to be a little ruff with the process. I was a tad more gentle. I got to say the price for that thing is pricy...

Also, what is the supplemental heater that's mentioned?

I'm guessing an engine block heater.

It is $350 plus the cost of the camera $89.

$450 plus the cost of the install (nothing was mentioned on installing the camera) !! I'll turn my head and look back. Having it standard is a good idea.

Same as the third seat in the Explorers you can't get rid of yet never use. I want the cargo room. not a seat that goes used all the time. At least in the past it was an option.

Edited by rscalzo
  • Like 1

I was doing a little gigging into the supplemental heater and I wonder if it's a supplemental cabin heater, at least on the F-150 forums that's what it's referring to. On page 10 of the order guide it states:

ELECTRICAL SUPPLEMENTAL HEATER (EXCEPT S

SERIES)...........................

Standard in AK, MN, ND, SD, MT WI and WY states.

NOTE: Included w/41H Engine Block Heater

NOTE: Electrical Supplemental Heater not available via FCSD

It's the included w/41H Engine Block Heater statement that make me think it's something more.

You could be right about that. At some point when I was researching the vehicle I remember reading something like that, either from the manual or somewhere else online. The vehicle does heat up faster than any other vehicle I have owned or rode in.

How is a car "without" one of the packages offered (in your case, the parking package) considered "fully loaded" (as indicated by your profile info)??

Because I was told it was fully loaded and when it arrived it didn't have the parking package. Made this profile when delivery was expected. Anyways still annoying to make something standard that only comes with a $995 package that I wouldn't really use besides the camera and wipers

That's why I ordered a partially loaded Titanium with the parking technology package. I've used the park assist only a few times, but use the other features everyday, especially the rear camera.

Are you pissed at yourself for not ponying up the extra $995 dollars to have what you wanted, or could it be you're pissed that you bought a 2013 instead of waiting for what the future had in store, or are you pissed that Ford changed the rules of the game in round two? Maybe pissed is too strong a word to use, do you really mean that you're disappointed?

To answer your question, sure Ford or an after market shop can install a rear camera, getting an accessory or after market to work with MyFord Touch and display on the center screen is the tricky part.

More pissed that it didn't have the camera didn't know at first that it only came with the parking package was misinformed but was also as I posted above suppose to get a fully loaded escape. I just find it "disappointing" about the item becoming standard. What pisses me off is needing to get a package for something that Ford now feels should be standard not on just the titanium but all models

Did you purchased your Escape off the lot or order the car? I guess I'd be ticked off if the salesperson said it had the Parking Technology Package with rear camera and did not, but didn't you check out the car before signing the paper work? I ordered my car, so I knew it had the features I wanted, still, I went over every feature and detail of the car before I left the lot. I guess I don't know who you should blame, or be pissed at.

2014 Escape Order Guide... Updated April 30, 2013

I noticed under the trailer tow package the following note:

Note: With Hands-free Liftgate – Late Availability

I'll be curious to see if this can be retrofitted to existing Escapes once its available. I'm also curious about the Remote Start 63D accessory on the Titanium. Since remote start is already standard on the Ti, I'm wondering if this is some of kind of wireless adapter to allow control from a cell phone?

I noticed under the trailer tow package the following note:

Note: With Hands-free Liftgate – Late Availability

I'll be curious to see if this can be retrofitted to existing Escapes once its available. I'm also curious about the Remote Start 63D accessory on the Titanium. Since remote start is already standard on the Ti, I'm wondering if this is some of kind of wireless adapter to allow control from a cell phone?

I read the Remote Start section as now being offered on the S and SE trim levels. Same technology. But we wil see.

And I would be tickled pink if I could get the hands free liftgate added to my existing tow package. I won't hold my breath on that one.

And I'm perfectly happy with the rear sensors that beep. A rear facing camera is not high on my list.

Edited by Escapism