Did Ford up their warranty to 6yr- 100,000 powertrain?

I was visiting a F150 site and somebody said that 2 different dealers told him Ford upped their PT warranty to 6-100,000. I curious if anybody here has heard that? I think it's great if they did because almost every other manufacture offers this.

Edited by Hydro

Why ?

Although it is great for customers, it sucks for techs. Warranty times are low enough on a low mileage car. The more miles and age do not make that same job easier. The techs will get paid the same at 5k miles vs 99k miles. The vehicles are better and 100k miles isn't a lot anymore, but pulling a transmission with rusted up exhaust for 4 hours pay is not as glourious as it sounds.

I was visiting a F150 site and somebody said that 2 different dealers told him Ford upped their PT warranty to 6-100,000. I curious if anybody here has heard that? I think it's great if they did because almost every other manufacture offers this.

Offering = available. Not included.

All he wants is for you to come in. Ask him if you can pet a unicorn if you come in today. I bet he says yes

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/ford-changing-warranty-200367/

Although it is great for customers, it sucks for techs. Warranty times are low enough on a low mileage car.

I'm aware of the low warranty times having been a Ford parts manager and warranty admin, example 5486a .2 for a sway bar link.

I had no problems using "M" time when needed and clocked properly.

Although it is great for customers, it sucks for techs. Warranty times are low enough on a low mileage car. The more miles and age do not make that same job easier. The techs will get paid the same at 5k miles vs 99k miles. The vehicles are better and 100k miles isn't a lot anymore, but pulling a transmission with rusted up exhaust for 4 hours pay is not as glourious as it sounds.

Hadn't thought about that aspect, but it makes sense. Having lived in Cleveland, Ohio for a good part of my life, I'm very familiar with rust.