One guess what is wrong with my Edge!

NickF1011

Well - they still haven't fixed the sloppy seat tracks that first appeared in the mid 90s Explorer. Have the same problem in the 2008 Edge. Seat rocks back and forth. You'd think they would have figured that out by now.

My guess is the real permanent PTU fix is a totally new design.

On the upside, the MFT update offers a significant speed improvement. A few graphical changes I've noticed have tidied up the home screen a bit and it's nice to have the outside temperature display back again.

One thing I noticed though, I didn't see the setting for Daylight Saving Time anymore in the clock settings and when I hit Synch to GPS, it displays the time an hour early. :headscratch:

IF it wasn't for MFT and leaking PTU's, we would never see Edges in the service bay.

The PTU is the first thing to go wrong with mine in 50,000 miles. Nary a squeek or rattle (one minor one I get over large road imperfections at times). Overall it's put together like a tank.

We have a 2012 Edge with MFT. We love it minus the Sync "Blue Screen". We also thought we were getting the Navi but ended up with turn by turn Navi which we noticed after we signed the paperwork. It gives me bogus directions all the time. You would figure with Sync technology the turn by turn would have updated maps.