Remote start app for Mobile Phones

Razdan

I was looking at a Viper smart start for my next vehicle. After choosing a Hybrid Fusion I am not sure if I can still get the Viper or not. The advantage to the Viper smart start would of course have been using cellular to start my car and get status, rather than a key fob.

I know I still get a remote start system, I just wish I had a way to control it over my cell phone. I have not been able to see if there is an after market ford approved module that I could add to my new car to do this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It does, IF you have the button start. I have the MyFordMobile app for my phone and can start/lock/unlock the car from my phone, but 99.99% of the time if I have my phone, I have my keys and don't start the car anyway. IIRC you can start the car from the web page too. If I was more predictable, I'd use the 'to-go' times.

• 3 weeks later...
It does, IF you have the button start. I have the MyFordMobile app for my phone and can start/lock/unlock the car from my phone, but 99.99% of the time if I have my phone, I have my keys and don't start the car anyway. IIRC you can start the car from the web page too. If I was more predictable, I'd use the 'to-go' times.

Myfordmobile doesn't work for gas vehicles, right?

• 1 month later...

I've got the viper smart start on my MKX and I love it Best Alarm/Remote Starter ever made. I use it when i'm on the train heading home and i'm way out of regular range. Ill start it a few miles away and by the time I get off the train and into the MKX its nice and warm.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the viper smart start on my MKX and I love it Best Alarm/Remote Starter ever made. I use it when i'm on the train heading home and i'm way out of regular range. Ill start it a few miles away and by the time I get off the train and into the MKX its nice and warm.

Your MKX has the push button start and remote start already before you got the viper didnt it? So, are you using 2 key fobs now? or was yours not keyless entry/push button start before hand?

• 1 month later...

Do these remote start features also let you control settings like the a/c or heat, CD or radio, defrost, etc?

I'm guessing that capability won't exist on any vehicles that have it added aftermarket since the computer isn't programmed to allow it. I'm speculating the Lincoln MKC and later vehicles might allow for it since it was designed for phone-linked remote start from the beginning.

• 3 months later...

Sure would be nice to have on a diesel... I usually hold my fob to my chin get a bit better distance...

You can get the remote access app from Ford in order to remote start our trucks with your cell phone (android and iPhone)

It is all plug and play and takes about 10-15 minutes to install it yourself.

Edited by blwnsmoke

So does the viper that is talked about and it's the same $50 per year. I'd rather have plug n play then all my wires cut, spliced and heat taped.

It comes with a cell phone.

The Ford one? Not last I checked. It's an app that you pay $50/yr to use.

So does the viper that is talked about and it's the same $50 per year. I'd rather have plug n play then all my wires cut, spliced and heat taped.

How often are you that far away from your car? I just installed the bi-directional one in my '13 Fusion and it has impressive range. I've started it 3 city blocks away when the car was well out of site and obstructed by buildings, and from basements. The remote beeps to confirm the car received the signal and started.

If you want to spend the money because you're always parked well out of range then fine. I think the app version is around $700 + subscription. The bi-directional is $230+$60 in shop time to program (I installed it myself).

The app version you can get online for $415 and install it yourself in 10 minutes. There are many times that I'm in a mall or restaurant and want to start my truck (diesel more important the a gas for warmup) and it doesn't reach and you don't know it till you are outside.

• 3 weeks later...

Once you get cellular remote start you'll never go back. It's stellar, once I started my car on final approach into my airport at 10,000 feet AGL.

It was nice and toasty despite the -35f temperatures by the time I made it to my car.

The mouse type for the myfordmobile (ok, you got me is only for the hybrids), mentions a annual fee in the future, but after a couple of years, so I don't know what Ford is going to try to bill me. It seems they could cut us a little more slack that the number years it's in warranty. Especially on a car this expensive...

Edited by shaggy314

• 4 months later...