2007 Fusion Shipping? 2008 Fusion Wish List....

Ice

First, when will the 2007 Fusion start shipping?

Second, what would you like to see in the 2008 Fusion?

My wish list to make a great car a little better:

Xenon Headlights on SEL

Shark Fin Antenna on all models

More HP with the V6

6 Speed Automatic with a manual shift mode

A new bright red color

Optional 18" Rims on SEL V6

Power Passenger Seat on SEL

New 17" Rim Design

First, when will the 2007 Fusion start shipping?

Second, what would you like to see in the 2008 Fusion?

My wish list to make a great car a little better:

Xenon Headlights on SEL

Shark Fin Antenna on all models

More HP with the V6

6 Speed Automatic with a manual shift mode

A new bright red color

Optional 18" Rims on SEL V6

Power Passenger Seat on SEL

New 17" Rim Design

Most likely you will see:

The 3.5L V6 (with more HP)

The all wheel drive version

New 17" Rim Design

It seems like quite a few people are asking for the manual shift mode, considering that the mazda 3 and 6 both have it, There is no reason Ford couldn t do it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I agree. Ford needs to continually improve their products. Some of the options Ice has wished for would be perfect. I would think a 2 door version and manual option would fit nicely.

I was going to say that. There are some youger couples that don't have kids right now and some older ones that the kids have left the nest and would like a larger car than the Mustang or Focus and it would need to be sporty. I think the Fusion fits that bill perfectly. Back in the 60's and 70's, manufacturers were making 2 and 4 door versions of almost everything that came out. The 2 door versions were a little sportier than the 4 door versions. I know it takes more resources and money to make something like this but it can be done. I think Ford would win alot more customers if they had a little better choice in the configurations of their cars. I would not buy a Fusion or any other car that comes with 4 doors. I hate driving 4 door cars because the seat belt usually doesn't rest right with me plus I hate looking at the pillar when I am preparing to pass someone. That is why my choice of car is the Mustang GT.

"Back in the 60's and 70's, manufacturers were making 2 and 4 door versions of almost everything that came out."

Those days are long gone. It's like saying 'back in the 20's, most cars had running boards'.

With buyers thinking of SUV's as "cars", plain 2 doors and station wagons are relics.

"Back in the 60's and 70's, manufacturers were making 2 and 4 door versions of almost everything that came out."

Those days are long gone. It's like saying 'back in the 20's, most cars had running boards'.

With buyers thinking of SUV's as "cars", plain 2 doors and station wagons are relics.

As we all know, history seems to repeat itself especially in style. Maybe they should bring those 2 and 4 door models back. As we all know, the running boards have been back on SUV's and pickups. Look at Chevy, they offer the Impala that is 4 door but they repackaged it into a 2 door and called it a Monte Carlo. So why can't Ford do that to the Fusion and call it Fision?

Drove a 2007 Fusion SEL AWD today. It has the 3.0L V6 still. This one was loaded, heated leather, navi, etc and stickered for $29k. Overall very nice car, looks awesome in black w/chrome exterior. It would be the rare person that pops for this Fusion, esp. considering a very nice 2007 MKZ AWD with the new 3.5L goes for $32k, w/out navi, though. The MKZ also looks great in black.