windscreen washer fluid

nobracket

My wife wanted to know how much windscreen washer fluid was left in her 2013 Escape.

We could not see any, ....is there any way to see?

(or just fill it up every month)

Not really. I could see the whole tank after my wife ran into another car and punch a big hole in the bumper on the passenger side.. :drop:

Ford OASIS Messages:

2013 Escape - Owner's Manual Incorrect - Low Washer Fluid Level Message

2013 Escape does not have a low washer fluid level message feature, the Owner's Manual is in the process of being updated. Owner's Manual 1st and 2nd printings are incorrect.

In the Information display screen "Washer fluid level low" Displays when the washer fluid is low and needs

to be refilled.

Thanks ...My wife has driven the escape for 9 months and the only message has been low fuel.

Put in approx' 5 cups to fill it. (may never get the low fluid level message) someone else got a gallon in!

So now read # 4 and showed the wife....got a good laugh.

Edited by nobracket

Ford OASIS Messages:

2013 Escape - Owner's Manual Incorrect - Low Washer Fluid Level Message

2013 Escape does not have a low washer fluid level message feature, the Owner's Manual is in the process of being updated. Owner's Manual 1st and 2nd printings are incorrect.

Where did you read this information? I find it odd that it would take a 3rd revision of a owners manual to acknowledge and make the change.

At the price point of the Escape, (especially the Titanium) it should have this feature!

UPDATE: 3rd printing of the users manual does indicate that a Washer Fluid Level Low information message does exist ( page 94)

Edited by Stringfellow

Where did you read this information? I find it odd that it would take a 3rd revision of a owners manual to acknowledge and make the change.

At the price point of the Escape, (especially the Titanium) it should have this feature!

UPDATE: 3rd printing of the users manual does indicate that a Washer Fluid Level Low information message does exist ( page 94)

On another site there is a list of TSB's and Ford OASIS messages put out by ford to there dealers for the 2013 Escape.

And you are correct, the 3rd printing still has it listed. It's still wrong.

http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19977

On another site there is a list of TSB's and Ford OASIS messages put out by ford to there dealers for the 2013 Escape. And you are correct, the 3rd printing still has it listed. It's still wrong. http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19977

lol this make me a bit nervous, if they cant get the manul right after, now 4 trys on thier own car, what else did they not get right?

lol this make me a bit nervous, if they cant get the manul right after, now 4 trys on thier own car, what else did they not get right?

Not only that, but they didn't give us a sensor AND you can't visually inspect the level. Brilliant !! Is there a dip stick????

It's windshield wiper fluid, not motor or trans fluid. As it holds almost a gallon, topping it off every month or so should be more than adequate. Worst case you run out and have to stop at one of the several thousand places that sell it.

I have never owned a car with a fluid sensor and managed to never run dry.

Edited by rscalzo
  • Like 2

Curiosity got the best of me, so I checked my Owner's Manual 1st Printing and then the Motorcraft Service web site for the 2nd and 3rd printings, and I did not see any mention of a window washer low fluid sensor and warning light. I looked at all the references in each printing for windshield washers, wipers and the warning light symbols and unless I totally missed it, I don't see where your folks got the idea this was a feature that came with the car.
*Thanks ...My wife has driven the escape for 9 months and the only message has been low fuel.*

*Part # 17B649* Window Washer Fluid Level Sensor. (You can find all the parts needed in the parts web site)

http://www.fordparts...3&n=CV4Z17B649A

http://www.fordparts...DUA89434#Search

Really, you're nervous about the overall quality of the car because of a mistake in the owner's manual that was written and printed months before Job1 even started.

Here's my theory; the original design included a low level sensor for windshield washer fluid, there was an issue with functionality that couldn't be resolved, or availability because the supplier couldn't produce enough units for production, or went out of business and a new supplier could not be arranged before the start-up date. Ford was not going to delay production over a convenience feature and because of a minor error in the manual since thousands of manuals had already been printed and delivered for start-up. Because changes for MY14 were already in the production pipeline when the error was discovered and the manual was going to have multiple changes and a redesigned look, Ford decided to let it go and ignore the indignation from a small group of owners in the forum world, rather than incur the expense of disposing and reprinting thousands of owner's manuals.

Yes, it would have been a nice feature, especially during the winter months when you use the washers more often, but it's not a deal breaker and it doesn't diminish the overall quality of the car, after all, the Escape is not a luxury vehicle. It's not a big deal for me because I regularly top off my washer fluid when I know I've used it more often, or every couple of weeks when I check brake fluid and oil levels and if I can't see fluid from above, I top it off.

I'm out.

Ford N.A. must appreciate customers with this attitude towards their Ford vehicles.

There aren't enough lines here to read between, but if you think anything in the Ford line up, other than maybe a fully loaded Expedition, Flex or Taurus, should be considered a luxury vehicle, you have pretty low expectations.

"I will build a car for the great multitude. It will be large enough for the family, but small enough for the individual to run and care for. It will be constructed of the best materials, by the best men to be hired, after the simplest designs that modern engineering can devise. But it will be so low in price that no man making a good salary will be unable to own one – and enjoy with his family the blessing of hours of pleasure in God's great open spaces".

Edited by transitman