Your Opinion Of Zimerman Now?

Woah! The people rescued by Zimmerman from their overturned car have cancelled their appearance for fear of retribution from the lynch mob waiting for him.

Real or staged, can you imagine the outcome if it had been a black family?

Real, they'd have been ostracized. Staged, they'd have been ridiculed. Both by their own race, specifically because of their race. How racist is THAT?

If they were white, meh!

Clueless, again?

Here, let me help you.

Family Rescued by George Zimmerman Cancels Appearance Fearing 'Blow Back'

"They have expressed to us that they are not comfortable doing media interviews at this time and they continue to ask for privacy," the Seminole City Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, said the family had asked to speak, but then got concerned about the anger surrounding the controversial verdict.

"The family called because they wanted to address the media. I knew that if we did it in an organized way, it would help them get back to a normal life.. But they called today and said they were more worried about blow back from saying anything that would be favorable to George, and decided they did not want to do any media," O'Mara said.

The lawyer said that when he spoke to the Gerstles "their voices were trembling" and that they feared saying anything positive about Zimmerman "would be toxic."

I understand that they cancelled any meeting with the media.

But where does the other bullshit assumptions fit in, including frantic bit about real or staged?

They cancelled. Even O'Meara acknowleged the timing could look suspicious to observers, but asserted the story was true. Read the article.

I have not seen or heard any description of those involved. But do you deny the black community would excoriate a black family for speaking out in favor of Zimmerman? Ala, the black actress that spoke out against Obama and supported Romney. The total outrage of the black community against the "white-hispanic" is clearly evident. Even the "white-African American" has all but suggested that justice was not given for Travon.

Wanna put money on if the race of the rescuees determines the response, particularly if they are black?

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

They cancelled. Even O'Meara acknowleged the timing could look suspicious to observers, but asserted the story was true. Read the article.

I have not seen or heard any description of those involved. But do you deny the black community would excoriate a black family for speaking out in favor of Zimmerman? Ala, the black actress that spoke out against Obama and supported Romney. The total outrage of the black community against the "white-hispanic" is clearly evident. Even the "white-African American" has all but suggested that justice was not given for Travon.

Wanna put money on if the race of the rescuees determines the response, particularly if they are black?

You didn't include the article in the first post.

I never thought to question whether it was real or not.

I'm fairly sure that there would be some backlash. It's only natural. The conservative pundits last year excoriated Chris Christie for working to closely with Obama. It happens.

You didn't include the article in the first post.

I never thought to question whether it was real or not.

I'm fairly sure that there would be some backlash. It's only natural. The conservative pundits last year excoriated Chris Christie for working to closely with Obama. It happens.

Death threats? I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. I doubt Chris Christie had an increase, if any, in death threats for his position.

The black community is acting like a lynch mob and that's much different than the reaction of conservatives.

Guest General Mattis
The black community is acting like a lynch mob and that's much different than the reaction of conservatives.

Interesting how Liberals keep saying that Republicans must deal with the results of the last election (even when they skew the results). But those same people are unwilling to accept the Jury's decision.

But then again, it's not like we've ever seen hypocrisy out of the Left

• Like 1

Interesting how Liberals keep saying that Republicans must deal with the results of the last election (even when they skew the results). But those same people are unwilling to accept the Jury's decision.

If there is a civil trial / lawsuit a lot more things come into the civil case Vs criminal and would likely not present Martin in a positive light as was attempted by the media and some court proceedings.

If I was Martin parent I would not want to open that can of worms and let it go. A lot of people bought into the media version of events and still want to believe it but it was clearly proved wrong and inaccurate.

And that would make it interesting how conservatives keep telling us to deal with the verdict (even when they skew it.) in the case but are unwilling to accept last years election.

It's not like we don't see hypocrisy out of the right.

(I'm sorry i don't have a highly biased left wing agenda video to match your highly biased rightwing agenda one. )

And that would make it interesting how conservatives keep telling us to deal with the verdict (even when they skew it.) in the case but are unwilling to accept last years election.

(I'm sorry i don't have a highly biased left wing agenda video to match your highly biased rightwing agenda one. )

Are you equivocating last years election to a criminal trial? Hmmmmmm! :headscratch:

Guest General Mattis

How are we skewing it? We are the ones who point to the evidence presented in this case that clearly shows the 6 jurors reached the correct verdict.

You are the ones who want to ignore the 10 million fewer votes Obama got. Or the barely 50% of the popular vote. Or the 70% of the country that didn't vote for him.

Please Langston, if you're going to call yourself smart, at least try to say something smart once and a while.

As well, what is so biased about the video? Please, pick one thing out of it that is factually incorrect. I'm waiting.

• Like 1

How are we skewing it? We are the ones who point to the evidence presented in this case that clearly shows the 6 jurors reached the correct verdict.

You are the ones who want to ignore the 10 million fewer votes Obama got. Or the barely 50% of the popular vote. Or the 70% of the country that didn't vote for him.

Please Langston, if you're going to call yourself smart, at least try to say something smart once and a while.

Well, if i was going to call myself smart i would know that Obama got

51.07% of the 129,069,194 votes in 2012

52.93% of the 131,313,820 votes in 2008. (52.93%

So I'd be wondering where you got the 10 million less from.

Now if i was real smart i'd compare them to these numbers

50.73% of the 122,294,846 votes in 2004 or even

47.87% of the 105,405,100 votes in 2000.

And I would also point to the reality that conservatives here keep saying Martin assaulted Zimmerman and that Martin started the altercation neither of which was proven. But i have never said i was smart, only that i was smarter than some people, like you.

And I would also point to the reality that conservatives here keep saying Martin assaulted Zimmerman and that Martin started the altercation neither of which was proven.

Actually, I think the common stance on it is that there is no evidence to suggest that it did not occur that way, not necessarily that the evidence shows that it definitely did. That, my friend, is the textbook definition of reasonable doubt.

Actually, I think the common stance on it is that there is no evidence to suggest that it did not occur that way, not necessarily that the evidence shows that it definitely did. That, my friend, is the textbook definition of reasonable doubt.

That's not what was is being posted here.They are saying Martin assaulted Zimmerman. The reality is that we don't know and never will. I'm willing to accept that there is probability that Martin threw the first punch. However I believe it was a response to what he considered self defense. We can go round and round, but there's only a few reasons someone follows you in his truck then gets out and finds you hiding in a bush. He's an authority of some sort or he's going to do something you don't want to happen. And when Zimmerman doesn't tell martin the first thing, then it's the second. I would have blasted Zimmerman too. How stupid do people have to be to not see that. You chase me down, don't identify yourself and then reach into you pocket, i'm thinking weapon and it's go time. Zimmerman even says that Trayvon sees the gun when Zimmerman's shirt rides up.

Lets' walk in Trayvon's shoes for a minute. In the world he sees, with the ruffnecks and troublemakers, when a stranger in a confrontation puts his hand in his pocket, what does that mean? Gun.

And to answer Fired's longstanding question. If i think you might have a weapon, I will beat your head against the cement.

That's not what was is being posted here.They are saying Martin assaulted Zimmerman. The reality is that we don't know and never will. I'm willing to accept that there is probability that Martin threw the first punch. However I believe it was a response to what he considered self defense. We can go round and round, but there's only a few reasons someone follows you in his truck then gets out and finds you hiding in a bush. He's an authority of some sort or he's going to do something you don't want to happen. And when Zimmerman doesn't tell martin the first thing, then it's the second. I would have blasted Zimmerman too. How stupid do people have to be to not see that. You chase me down, don't identify yourself and then reach into you pocket, i'm thinking weapon and it's go time. Zimmerman even says that Trayvon sees the gun when Zimmerman's shirt rides up.

Lets' walk in Trayvon's shoes for a minute. In the world he sees, with the ruffnecks and troublemakers, when a stranger in a confrontation puts his hand in his pocket, what does that mean? Gun.

And to answer Fired's longstanding question. If i think you might have a weapon, I will beat your head against the cement.

Why did Trayvon hide in the bushes? He clearly had a head start and would not have been caught even if Zimmerman had continued to follow him. Why would Zimmerman want to attack anyone? He had already called the police and was waiting for them to show up. Had Zimmerman seen Trayvon and Trayvon threatened him at all he would have pulled out his gun to defend himself and hold Trayvon until police arrived. Do you think Trayvon would have attacked Zimmerman if he saw a gun? He couldn't have been that stupid.

Therefore the ONLY reasonable scenario is that Trayvon hid behind a bush and jumped Zimmerman, punched him in the nose, put him on the ground, got on top of him and started beating his head into the pavement. That is the only reasonable scenario that makes any sense. Any other version is not only speculation but speculation that doesn't fit the evidence or logic.

• Like 2

Lets' walk in Trayvon's shoes for a minute.
If I did, I think I would still be here today. But, it was the mind of a 17 year old school kid with a history of non-legal activity. And only due to a sheriff's attempt to falsify the crime stats, was he on the streets in Sanford. You see, I grew up to be responsible for my actions and faced the consequences for them. I was in elementary school when I learned much of it, so that by the time I was in my teens, the worst trouble I got into was 15 mph over the limit.