Your Opinion Of Zimerman Now?

There's no doubt you refuse to be faced with answering the question. So, I'll drop it.

Just rest assured it is well noted you avoided having to admit Obama is "white-Kenyan" or "white-African American", or "white-fill in the blank".

Will that go down in my permanent record? I mean the internet argument debate scorecard?

What part of biracial did you miss? He's both black and white. You do understand that the use of white Hispanic is a his race followed by his ethnicity? Hispanic or Latino is not used as a race, but a region related to speaking a common language.

So if you were to describe his race and ethnicity i wouldn't know how you do that. He would be Black-African and whatever his mother was.

further research has Ann Dunham's ancestry as

She was of predominantly English ancestry, with some German, Swiss, Scottish, Irish, and Welsh ancestry.[9]

So Obama would be Black-African and White-Anglo.

Notable you diminished the "White-Anglo" by leading with "Black-African". Not how Zimmerman was described. But, I'll accept your answer.

Thank you.

It's more likely that it's because I'm a male. I would say my kids are my race/ethnicity first then their mothers.

So he could be White/Anglo, Black/African(Kenyan if you wanted) to get his race/ethnicity correct. As opposed to White/Anglo/ Black/African American which would people would use to show a heritage that goes back to slavery.

It's more likely that it's because I'm a male. I would say my kids are my race/ethnicity first then their mothers.

So he could be White/Anglo, Black/African(Kenyan if you wanted) to get his race/ethnicity correct. As opposed to White/Anglo/ Black/African American which would people would use to show a heritage that goes back to slavery.

Genetically, I would have to refresh my Biology. The Mother contributes many specific traits. Race MAY be one of them. As an aside, how long have you been so misogynistic?

Why am I not surprised that you excuse racism when it's a black person? You're pathetic dude.

Here is what Rae said.

Nuance that dumb ass.

But at least I wasn't okay with Senators who attend rallies by an organizer who believes Hispanics are low IQ or a General Mattis telling us that all races are not equal. You however are off chasing down what Black people are saying to about each other and calling it racist.

Way to go anti-black internet warrior. Your a real super hero.

• 4 weeks later...
Oh that's not true Langston. I think you're a race baiting hate monger and you're white. Furthermore I don't hate anyone. I may dislike some people, but I don't hate them.

By the way, yet another example of ignore and deflection on your part. Can't discount the point that was made so you just try to insult the person making it. So typical of you though, I expect it. You don't want to talk about this issue, you just want everyone else to agree with your point of view on it.

Here you are fired.

Perhaps we should give up on using skin color to describe "races".
And "African" could arguably be used to describe almost every human living today. And in this country, I may properly be justified as identifying myself as "African-American".

In as much as researchers suggest we may all have descended from ancestors from the continent of Africa.

Genetic variations suggest we are more alike than different.

Findings from Fossil Remains
Physical anthropologists and archaeologists are frequently working with geneticists and publishing their findings in genetics journals.

• The remains of modern humans Homo sapiens and the technology associated with them are found in Africa tens of thousands of years before they appear in the rest of the world (e.g. Brooks et al., 1995 ).
  • The mitochondrial DNA extracted from the bones of Neanderthal people indicate that they are not related to modern Europeans or any other living humans (Krings et al., 1997 , Ovchinnikov et al., 2000 ). Thus the modern people of Europe all immigrated from elsewhere, likely Africa or Asia.
Overall Findings
  • The genetic differences that divide races appear to be new, geologically speaking, and tend to result from harmless mutations (differences in blood type) and adaptations to recent environments (skin color).
  • Traits that people consider important, like certain forms of intelligence and self-control, are most likely going to be important in mate selection, so alleles that enhance these traits will spread to spread throughout the human gene pool in all habitats and increase in frequency to a greater degree than alleles that don't. Consequently, alleles that favor useful traits will be overwhelmingly common in all populations.
  • Mutations within populations have produced genetic differences among individuals that are greater than those among populations.
  • The idea of a recent African origin is still under investigation, as is the idea of a recent common ancestry for all living people.
Edited by FiredMotorCompany

African American is more than a simple racial identifier. It is used to described a particular subset of a racial type for societal use not scientific.

An attitude that is less commonly recognized by the scientific community in regard to data and evidence accumulated.

So, African-American is far less accurate than it is a nom de gurre for those who choose to not identify by skin color but want to limit it's use to only those who have the same skin color.

Caucasian (as in being from the regions of the Caucasus Mountains) is ok with you? But African is owned by those with "dark" complexions? And it can be shown we all may have originated from the African continent?

My opinion hasn't changed. Zimmerman has a history of getting into trouble by bullying. That history seems to be repeating with his wife and her family. He appears to think he's invincible as long as he has a gun. I expect that Zimmerman will continue to have problems requiring law enforcement intervention. Ultimately, it will probably end badly.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57602050-504083/george-zimmerman-taken-into-custody-after-incident-with-gun/

• Like 1

We all know people going thru a divorce never lie.......

If he committed a crime then arrest and charge him and let the chips fall where they may. If he does somehow feel empowered ( ala. OJ) then his actions will catch up with him at some point.

I am not a fan or a hater of Zman but the shooting outcome was reasonable given the evidence,which was horrible for the state. It was more like a malicious prosecution.

And what's the possibility that he's now damaged goods and a vengeful wife and her dad could conspire to set-up a situation to have Zimmerman charged?

He's running around on her, she gets dad to assist. Media gets a whiff of controversy and it's their bone to gnaw on for weeks.

Like accusing a certain troubled female celebrity of shoplifting.
True or not, the accusation carries a lot of weight.

My opinion hasn't changed. Zimmerman has a history of getting into trouble by bullying. That history seems to be repeating with his wife and her family. He appears to think he's invincible as long as he has a gun. I expect that Zimmerman will continue to have problems requiring law enforcement intervention. Ultimately, it will probably end badly.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57602050-504083/george-zimmerman-taken-into-custody-after-incident-with-gun/

Read the story (the one you linked).......

In a telephone interview the Lake Mary, Florida police chief said George Zimmerman was in "investigative detention" after his estranged wife, Shellie, called authorities to say he was threatening her and her parents with a gun. She later backed off from that statement, saying she never saw a gun despite what she told the 911 dispatcher.

Lake Mary police say they were called to the Sprucewood Road home of Shellie Zimmerman's parents Monday afternoon. Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell told CBS News officers did not see a gun when they arrived on scene.

As of 3:45 p.m., George Zimmerman was no longer in custody, reports CBS affiliate WKMG. Police said they assumed a gun was in Zimmerman's car, but they don't plan on getting a warrant to look or retrieve it.

I am indifferent to Zimmerman, but your opinion is your bias, and you're much more likely to jump to conclusions because of that bias. Zimmerman may have his problems, but it doesn't require constant harassment by the media or those whose opinion hasn't changed.

Edited by RangerM
  • Like 1

Guest General Mattis
I haven't changed my opinion of the man since I heard the story. I think his wife must be a liberal after all.

Gary

He is a registered Democrat. But so was Paula Dean. Amazing which party the media finds these racists from.

I couldn't care less about Zimmerman. He was rail roaded by the special interest groups and for that I defended him on those charges. But considering the history of this man and the media, I'm willing to wait to see all the evidence before judging him, again. After all, it's not like a spouse going through a divorce has ever told a lie.

Read the story (the one you linked).......

In a telephone interview the Lake Mary, Florida police chief said George Zimmerman was in "investigative detention" after his estranged wife, Shellie, called authorities to say he was threatening her and her parents with a gun. She later backed off from that statement, saying she never saw a gun despite what she told the 911 dispatcher.

Lake Mary police say they were called to the Sprucewood Road home of Shellie Zimmerman's parents Monday afternoon. Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell told CBS News officers did not see a gun when they arrived on scene.

As of 3:45 p.m., George Zimmerman was no longer in custody, reports CBS affiliate WKMG. Police said they assumed a gun was in Zimmerman's car, but they don't plan on getting a warrant to look or retrieve it.

I am indifferent to Zimmerman, but your opinion is your bias, and you're much more likely to jump to conclusions because of that bias. Zimmerman may have his problems, but it doesn't require constant harassment by the media or those whose opinion hasn't changed.

A salient point to emphasize:

Shellie Zimmerman has also had trouble with the law. On Aug. 28, she pleaded guilty to misdemeanor perjury and was sentenced to one year of probation. She had been accused of lying about the couple's financial situation when she testified at George Zimmerman's bond hearing in June 2012.

On the same day she pleaded guilty, Shellie Zimmerman told ABC's Good Morning, America that she would "think about" staying married to her husband.

What a shame that two people who once promised to love each other forever, through sickness and health, richer or poorer, better or worse, end up like this.

Lake Mary Police are now calling into question several statements Shellie Zimmerman made to 911

Lake Mary Police are now questioning the validity of several statements Shellie Zimmerman made when she told 911 dispatchers her estranged husband, George Zimmerman, threatened her and her father at gunpoint Monday afternoon.

"We did not find a gun, did not locate a weapon," said Zach Hudson, public information officer with the Lake Mary Police Department. "Nobody ever saw a gun. A gun is not part of this story."

Still, a gun was at the crux of the account Shellie Zimmerman provided to 911 dispatchers when calling for help.

"He continually has his hand on his gun and he keeps saying, 'Step closer.' He is just threatening all of us," Shellie can be heard telling dispatchers.

Hudson told ABC Action News Shellie provided a written statement Monday night saying she never saw a gun and only assumed her estranged husband was carrying a weapon because he touched his stomach.

I can foresee the tragedy of Shellie inflaming a domestic argument into a deadly encounter by police. Her accusations could have prompted police to react violently for little or no cause just on the threat of firearms drawn by the accused (a lie). I,e, "Murder By Police" as opposed to "Suicide By Police".

Wow, this story keeps getting better.

There was a gun, there was no gun. We didn't find a gun, we didn't look for a gun (in his car). It was filmed on an IPAD, George damaged the IPAD.

And now I see the same people making excuses for George, hoping that she's the bad guy.

Just seems strange that this shit keeps happening to him. Two significant others contend domestic violence, an arrest for battery on a police officer, the whole Trayvon Martin thing. But there was no way he started the altercation with Martin, none at all you guys said, didn't make sense. Are you prepared to eat crow and admit that he has an anger problem? Because if they find threats on that IPAD then you might have to admit that you were wrong, that perhaps he was the problem.

And i expect the Martin family to lose their shit if the police find threats.

Strange that you can't search the car when the complaint was that he was in the vehicle threatening someone with a gun.

We took him down at gunpoint, and we searched him physically. There was no weapon,” Hudson said — adding that police did not have probable cause to search Zimmerman’s car.

and he does mess with the IPAD. http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/11/george-zimmerman-home-security-footage/

Who the hell is the big mf'er?