Obamacare-Because this needs it's own thread

Then there's this......

http://campusreform.org/?ID=5239

Students at historically black college complain Obamacare has left them uninsured
  • Bowie State administrators say they canceled students' health insurance plans due to new Affordable Care Act regulations.
  • Many students say they are left uninsured.

Edited by napfirst
  • Like 1

Even the president's examples of success are facing reality.

"Premiums are too damned high".

Woman Hailed by President as Obamacare Success Story Now Can't Afford Obamacare

"Jessica Sanford was cited by the president as an Obamacare success story at a health care event he had here at the White House in the Rose Garden on October 21," says a reporter for CNN from the White House. "That of course being just last month. The 48-year-old single mom from Washington state purchased what she considered to be affordable health care, life-changing event, she said, on the Washington state health exchange. She decided she was so excited about this news, she wanted to write an e-mail to the president to say that this had really changed her life and that she was thankful for the Afforable Care Act. The president included her e-mail in his remarks to people on hand for the event. Here's a bit of what the president had to say."

The CNN report quotes President Obama as saying, "I recently received a letter from a woman named Jessica Sanford in Washington state. And here's what she wrote, I am a single mom, no child support, self-employed. and I haven't had insurance for 15 years because it's too expensive. I was crying the other day when I signed up, so much stress lifted."

Edited by FiredMotorCompany
  • Like 1

Obama is just bad with numbers....or is it a democratic thing ?

http://nypost.com/2013/11/19/confused-obama-100m-have-successfully-enrolled-in-obamacare/

Claims 100 M signed up and he is only off by 99.9 million

Visiting all 57 states which is still amazing.

And one of his fellow supporters that is poor with numbers or repeating a lie....

The peoples comments sums it up best:

http://twitchy.com/2013/11/16/debbie-wasserman-schultz-remember-500000-have-signed-up-for-obamacare/

This editorial sums it up quite well:

"What wouldn't survive is the Democratic scheme to force everyone, regardless of age and actuarial risk, to buy a gold-plated package of benefits that will stimulate a wasteful race to spend more resources on health care. And, down the road, by reforming ObamaCare, much else could be reformed, including Medicare and the ill-begotten and destructive link between employment and health care.

"This outcome will shock liberals who have single-payer sugar plums dancing in their head right now. Let's leave them with one thought.

"The government-run systems you so admire in other countries mostly came about long ago. They came about to expand access to medical care at a time when medical care couldn't do all that much for people. We live in a different age. America, let's face it, would be embarking on a single-payer system not to expand access—though that slogan would be used—but to deny and limit care in order to control runaway spending. (emphasis added)

"Liberals, you think you want to go there but you don't."

Read the entire thing here: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304439804579208020624280740

Edited by grbeck
  • Like 1

What a country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I quoted just that because I believe most all of our politicians do whatever they want no matter what.

Take a look back through all the shit through this laws inception and tell me where this bill originated?

The specific place where revenue bills are supposed to come from.

Article 1 Section 7

All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Obamacare is a failure. Even Obama refuses to refer to it by that name, which at one point he embraced.

Oh, if the 2014 elections were held tomorrow!

The memo has been passed around to quietly referre to Barack Hussein Obamacare now as the Affordable care act. The pres no longer wants his name attached to the cluster. The libs who passed it will not attach BHO's name to it any longer. They are in full panic mode. The BHO administration likes to run the clock out on other scandals but its not going to work on this one. This is a giant snowball already headed straight to hell and it cant be stopped now. Thanks liberals!

Predictably, (I mean entirely predictably, as in we said this exact thing would happen in one of these threads) the second round of Obamacare signups have been delayed until just after the 2014 elections.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/22/obamacare-enrollment-for-2015-to-reportedly-be-delayed-until-after-midterms/

I just want to know why nobody says anything about our King just deciding on his own to change laws? This is a law that was passed in Congress and(according to our Constitution) should only be able to be changed by going through Congress.

• Like 1

I just want to know why nobody says anything about our King just deciding on his own to change laws? This is a law that was passed in Congress and(according to our Constitution) should only be able to be changed by going through Congress.

Its a good question and I have yet to hear any answer to. I think the big plan here is to legislate through executive order the rest of BHO's term and be damned anybody that challenges it. Remember, the DC court of appeals is now about to be controlled by liberals. He knows he is a lame duck and this is the way its going to be. At least, that is my theory.

Edited by chevys

One more question nobody has answered is where did the law that actually passed originate in? House or Senate?

Who cares about "laws"?

Not his highness.

Not his court appointees.

Not his Justice Department.

Not the contractors responsible for vetting security clearances.

Not his select group of Navigators willing to advise clients to lie or omit pertinent qualifying information.

Not his surrogates at OFA.

Not his sycophants.

Not most of the American public that really don't want to get their hands dirty with politics. Just bitch about it.

Not the NSA, IRS or CIA.

We're down to just a few lonely voices in the woods. And no one is listening.

Promises of the "pending" fix of Obamacare can be summarized with this.....

They didn't know how big it was going to be. They didn't know how bad it was. They didn't know their contractors had failed miserably several times before. They didn't know it wasn't ready until they read about it. They didn't know Americans would lose their doctors. They didn't know Americans would lose their insurance.

tumblr_inline_mw8ds5Iz1Y1r79k32.gif

Unlike Obamacare, she did manage to get off the ground. Perhaps they used an aircraft carrier. At what cost for power to make her fly?

Given the power available to the government, they could make the Empire State Building fly. If only for an instant.

The same for Obamacare, given the money-printing powers available, Obamacare may actually get going. However, it will never be self-paying. We're on the hook to forever subsidizing this program!

Edited by FiredMotorCompany