Anyone else trading in there 13 for a 14?

lengend

I am going to be trading my 13 Fusion for a 14 Titanium (I have a SE with 1.6 EcoBoost, MyFordTouch, Heated Seats, Navi).

Only reason I am trading mine is I have a lot of issues with my car and I rather just lose out now than stick with repair bills when my warranty expires.

So anyone else trading there's in for a new 2014 model?

Edited by lengend

Most of the issues should not reoccur once they're fixed (gas tank, software, trim problems, etc.). Just curious what types of problems you're expecting down the road?

Not always true. How many software issues has Ford had with MFT? Seen plenty of trim issues, where they simply use the same part without modifying so the owner is back in within a year or so having same parts replaced.

Example: My generation Ford F150 (04-08), has a notorious problem with the window switches. My truck is 7yrs old and I'm on my 4th drivers door unit and 2nd for the pass/rear door. I've investigated and Ford has to yet update or release a new part number for this issue. Go to any F150 forum and see how prominent and repeated this issue is with the vehicle. I know some have switched to aftermarket parts and have not had the problem since, but they say the window switch light colors don't exactly match the green of the rest of the interior lights.

Not always true. How many software issues has Ford had with MFT? Seen plenty of trim issues, where they simply use the same part without modifying so the owner is back in within a year or so having same parts replaced.

Example: My generation Ford F150 (04-08), has a notorious problem with the window switches. My truck is 7yrs old and I'm on my 4th drivers door unit and 2nd for the pass/rear door. I've investigated and Ford has to yet update or release a new part number for this issue. Go to any F150 forum and see how prominent and repeated this issue is with the vehicle. I know some have switched to aftermarket parts and have not had the problem since, but they say the window switch light colors don't exactly match the green of the rest of the interior lights.

That's why I said "most" not "all". The big ones tend to get fixed with new parts. Some of the smaller ones (switches, trim pieces, regulators, etc.) do not get fixed. Would you get rid of your F150 just because of the window switches?

That's why I said "most" not "all". The big ones tend to get fixed with new parts. Some of the smaller ones (switches, trim pieces, regulators, etc.) do not get fixed. Would you get rid of your F150 just because of the window switches?

Okay, my bad, most not all.

And no I would not get rid of my F150 because of the switch, being I still believe Ford makes the best trucks. But it is a costly IMHO ($75 per switch done myself) and irritating issue to repeat, even if it only take 2-5 minutes to replace. But this has been the only problem with the F150. Not like I've had other or multiple issues with the truck.

Okay, my bad, most not all.

And no I would not get rid of my F150 because of the switch, being I still believe Ford makes the best trucks. But it is a costly IMHO ($75 per switch done myself) and irritating issue to repeat, even if it only take 2-5 minutes to replace. But this has been the only problem with the F150. Not like I've had other or multiple issues with the truck.

I had a Lincoln LS with bad window regulators. My 06 Fusion had a bad door handle. All Ford SUVs/CUVs seem to develop a rock in the driver's seat due to seat rails that wear over time. Been that way since 1997 at least.

But these are relatively minor - not something you'd have to spend thousands to fix over the life of the vehicle. And I think the specific problems that have been seen on the 2013 Fusions (like the fuel tank problems and trim problems) would not reoccur.

I am going to be trading my 13 Fusion for a 14 Titanium (I have a SE with 1.6 EcoBoost, MyFordTouch, Heated Seats, Navi).

Only reason I am trading mine is I have a lot of issues with my car and I rather just lose out now than stick with repair bills when my warranty expires.

So anyone else trading there's in for a new 2014 model?

What issues have you been having? It's a shame you seem willing to take a bath on the trade in just to get out of it. If the car is that problematic why trade it in on the same car? I'm in the middle of a Ford buyback review and have no intention of getting another Fusion(nice car but the build quality sucks) I'm hoping to be done with Ford all together if they will take this thing back from me..

One is I got an alignment 3 times and the car pulls to the left and the steering wheel sits to the right. My wipers get stuck open. Sometimes just one gets stuck, sometimes both.

My front driver side bumper doesn't sit properly, the hood the doesn't close in the driver side. I have to push down so it closes properly.

Also the dealer offered me $20,000 + 13% tax. I got the car at cost so I got a really good deal.

I have a fully-loaded 2013 FFH. I don't plan on trading it in for a 2014, especially with a 54 month loan.

That said, I have a history of owning cars for 15 years until they finally break down. I don't expect to do that with this car. Disposing of the HVB will become an environmental issue at some point in the future. Better to trade it back to the dealer and let them handle it.

I'm thinking that once my loan is paid off in 4.5 years, I will probably trade in at that point to get the latest and greatest technology while I still have some equity left in the current car. Having just traded (luckily they took it for pocket change) a 1996 Acura for it, I see how much car technology I missed in the last 15 years.

I wonder what will emerge in the next 5 years?

So what do you think is so much better about the 2014? New fuel delivery module? Check, going to be replaced. Headliner? Check, same, replaced.

Most of the other stuff will remain the same. As mentioned above- things like window switches have a several year run = same in 2014 as 2013.

Not always true. How many software issues has Ford had with MFT?..............

Not really sure how Ford can fix what is called PEBCAK in IT (problem exists between chair & keyboard) - lot of ID10T errors with MFT.

So what do you think is so much better about the 2014? New fuel delivery module? Check, going to be replaced. Headliner? Check, same, replaced.

Most of the other stuff will remain the same. As mentioned above- things like window switches have a several year run = same in 2014 as 2013.

Not really sure how Ford can fix what is called PEBCAK in IT (problem exists between chair & keyboard) - lot of ID10T errors with MFT.

LOL...Given my profession I am surprised I have never heard of PEBCAK...but it is now part of my vocabulary!

I can see that (and familiar with both phrases), but I'd say it's 50/50. Many times it's the user, but just as many times it's been the software. But will admit, the MFT product is slowly getting better.

It's funny watching trained people at the dealer show potential customers MFT, an error occurs, freezes or sluggish, then they try to say ignore the issue.

Edited by V8-X

• 2 weeks later...

Not trading for a '14, I'll likely be getting another car. I'll sell mine privately so I don't get screwed out of a few grand trying to trade it in. I'm using this as an excuse to get a much better/nicer/faster (though slightly older) car. :) I had always been told not to get a 1st model year car, but I figured that was an old saying. Looks like it still holds true.

And FWIW I'm not just getting rid of the car because of the issues. It's just not fun enough to drive for me. I don't have a motorcycle anymore to get my speed fix and I thought the Fusion would be ok, but it's just not fun to drive hard.

Not trading for a '14, I'll likely be getting another car. I'll sell mine privately so I don't get screwed out of a few grand trying to trade it in. I'm using this as an excuse to get a much better/nicer/faster (though slightly older) car. :) I had always been told not to get a 1st model year car, but I figured that was an old saying. Looks like it still holds true.

And FWIW I'm not just getting rid of the car because of the issues. It's just not fun enough to drive for me. I don't have a motorcycle anymore to get my speed fix and I thought the Fusion would be ok, but it's just not fun to drive hard.

That's why I have a 2013 Shelby sitting next to the Fusion in the garage :shift:

That's why I have a 2013 Shelby sitting next to the Fusion in the garage :shift:

I don't have the room for two cars for myself (wife needs some room, I couldn't get away with kicking her out of the garage) so I need one car that it'll do it all. I'm planning on getting a 2008 BMW M5, but I'll have to sell the Fusion first. I'll end up getting some kind of cheap beater to drive until I find the right M5 as I don't want to rush into that purchase. But a 507hp V10 should do well enough to make my speed demon happy. :worship:

• 2 weeks later...

....So anyone else trading there's in for a new 2014 model?

Only if I win another one :victory: , but I do recommend the Fusion to everyone. When I do trade this one in, it will be for another Fusion Energi or if I can afford it, a Tesla Model X (That is my current dream car).

Only if I win another one :victory: , but I do recommend the Fusion to everyone. When I do trade this one in, it will be for another Fusion Energi or if I can afford it, a Tesla Model X (That is my current dream car).

I want that Tesla Model S! I see about 4-5 a day at work.