Another Tesla Fire

bobbyd

Jim Hall (2953 Analytics) figures Tesla will be bought out by somebody, probably Toyota. His reasoning: Their upcoming CUV will be based on the Model S platform so won't require much new engineering (so not much additional $$$$). Their planned small car though, will be brand new (meaning new platform) and require about $1 billion dollars in development costs. Plain and simple, they don't have the money. Look for Elon to bail then.

Also interesting is that Tesla is only "profitable," now, by selling EPA credits. They have yet to make a dime by selling their vehicles.

Edited by mackinaw

I see the investment that Tesla has from Toyota and Daimler as a way for them to get the patents out of Tesla when they file for bankruptcy. The stock price seems to have some similarities to Plug power back in the early 2000's. Also I can see a recall soon where they add some undercarriage protection for these road debris incidents.

How are you going to market an SUV when if you scratch the underside it goes up in flames and I don't mean 4wheeling, some hard ice pack pushed on the shoulder of the road is very common to bottom out a vehicle on. Well at least if that happens you won't have to worry about snow removal where you park it after.

• Like 1

Sarcasm Rich....

Musk is all about getting there via other people's money, not his. He draws in investors with speculative stock surging to three times its value,

pulls forward sales to make Q1 figures look good to increase stock price so that he could then issue more stock to raise even more capital..

is no one listening to the alarm bells.

He might have Toyota and Wells Fargo on board taking a cut from people outside the circle who are investing, buying or leasing

but I have an awful feeling that it's a house of cards being propped up by credit and selling stock.

We're saying the same thing but perhaps yours is the more accurate appraisal..

Edited by jpd80