Unfair?

newworld

We are going to have a big problem come contract in 2015. There are to many workers that look out for themselves instead of the big picture. People keep volunteering to work overtime, and all that does is verify what the company is trying to do split the membership. By not volunteering that is the only way that we can stand up to the company without retribution. If every dept worked what is mandatory and stopped volunteering to fix things like body, paint, line working and doing repairs the company would be coming to the Union asking what we need to do to get production back working. All of the Temp givebacks that we gave the company to get them back on track were to be returned once the Company was profitable, was thrown back in our faces for what no signatures on the agreement. Give me a break it does not take 2 years for an arbitratior to see that.

Then they have given management 2 raises the last couple of years.That is like kicking the dirt right in our faces, and I am not happy about it. People better start saving money because it is time to stand up and get back what is ours.

• Like 3

There's power in numbers and when most not all are just out for themselves nothing will change. Nobody is willing to stick together when push comes to shove. That's what a union is "power in numbers" if your not willing to stick together why belong to a union. The company isn't stupid they know if they throw out some kind of signing bonus most will jump at it instead of looking at the long term.

There's power in numbers and when most not all are just out for themselves nothing will change. Nobody is willing to stick together when push comes to shove. That's what a union is "power in numbers" if your not willing to stick together why belong to a union. The company isn't stupid they know if they throw out some kind of signing bonus most will jump at it instead of looking at the long term.

• 3 weeks later...

Very true...unfortunatly, solidarity is just a union hall buzzword anymore. It just does not apply to the floor. The union has thrown away what people before us fought for and actually died for. The creation of the 2nd tier was the most detrimental thing the IUAW could have done to weaken the unions power and remove solidarity from the workforce.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is how I think it will go...........When bargaining starts, I believe there will be a "buy-down. It will go something like this: They will offer tier one x-amount of dollars to take a pay cut. Lets say they offer them $20,000 for a $2.00 an hour cut in pay............. Next they will give a $1 raise to tier two people. This way they have closed the gap between the to by $3, and lowered the hourly rate. Tier one, those old enough to go will retire with some extra cash, they will vote for the contract, and tier two will vote for it to get a raise.......... Contract passes and everyone "loves it".................. Ya right.

The union already has 2 parties the green slate and everyone else, see we're already split.

Strike? Theres no strike fund left Bob has already used that fund up for his right to work BS.

And as far as a strike next contract, the IUAW won't let that happen cause that will cut into there collecting dues. ( cause theres no money left in that fund)

And why the freak is the IUAW trying to increase the dues?? So they can cover up how much money Bob pissed away?

This is how I think it will go...........When bargaining starts, I believe there will be a "buy-down. It will go something like this: They will offer tier one x-amount of dollars to take a pay cut. Lets say they offer them $20,000 for a $2.00 an hour cut in pay............. Next they will give a $1 raise to tier two people. This way they have closed the gap between the to by $3, and lowered the hourly rate. Tier one, those old enough to go will retire with some extra cash, they will vote for the contract, and tier two will vote for it to get a raise.......... Contract passes and everyone "loves it".................. Ya right.

I know our union leaders dont always make the right moves, but no way are they going to cut our 1st tier wages.. lower wages = less money for them

I believe they will, we haven't had a raise in 10 years and they want us to make up for "their" shortfall by raising our dues to 2.5 hours. So that's another "cut". And if they sell it right, you would get a bonus, maybe for a couple years, to take a cut in pay so The Auto Industry could make more money and YOU would also get a BIGGER profit sharing check. I can here it now, "It will be for the good of the company AND the people that work for it" Oh ya.............. Here it comes.

• Like 2

I know our union leaders dont always make the right moves, but no way are they going to cut our 1st tier wages.. lower wages = less money for them

Think about it for a minute, :waiting: Why would they want to increase the dues,.................to make up for the cut in wages there going to negotiate next contract for us. Think about it !

Think about it for a minute, :waiting: Why would they want to increase the dues,.................to make up for the cut in wages there going to negotiate next contract for us. Think about it !

They want to raise dues so they can lower the wages in the contract and make less money than they could if we kept our wages or got raises?

Sometimes counter-intuitive is not so much of a good thing.