Mustang pinball machine

I remember when you got 5 for a quarter.

And they didn't hike up the rear to increase the slant of the board, either.

I grew up with all the console games; Pong, Asteroids, Pac Man, etc. I always preferred the live-action of pinball, even though my Dad could always put me to shame. I swear the Who must have seen my Dad play--although he isn't deaf or blind.

• Like 2

And they didn't hike up the rear to increase the slant of the board, either.

I grew up with all the console games; Pong, Asteroids, Pac Man, etc. I always preferred the live-action of pinball, even though my Dad could always put me to shame. I swear the Who must have seen my Dad play--although he isn't deaf or blind.

I remember when Pong was introduced. When I was in college I bought a home Pong game from one of my dorm mates, along with his Peugeot 10 speed so he could buy a drum set.Years later when I got married and moved into my wife's house, her 7 year old found the pong game and insisted that I connect it to his TV. Despite the fact that this kid grew up on complex game consoles like PS and had a Dreamcast, he was fascinated by Pong. I got him a "Classic Package" for his console that had all of the old games like Pac-Man, Centipede, Asteroids and Galaga.

Upon finding my box of 45 rpm records, he asked what they were. When I told him they played music, he asked how many songs were on them. When I told him one song on each side he said "that's stupid, why did't they use CDs?" I spent the rest of the day explaining all of the other things he took for granted that I never had when I was his age, like Color TV and cordless phones I even showed him a dial phone.

I wonder how our kids will expalin today's wonderous inventions to their kids after they have become obsolete.

• Like 1

I wonder how our kids will expalin today's wonderous inventions to their kids after they have become obsolete.

It's too bad you didn't have an 8-track handy. Even I found those tiresome--without the advantages of cassettes like rewind and fast forward.

My daughter found the console record player fascinating. How you could stack multiple records on top, and it would drop them one-by-one as they finished playing. Even more interesting (to her) is when the sides of a double album are 1-4 and 2-3.

You had CARDS? You had it easy. /sarc

My first experience with programming of any kind was a TRS-80 (I think). Had a PCjr when I was in HS. Bought an AT-clone when I was a sophomore in college; at a smokin' 12 mhz and EGA.

(I'm not a programmer. I just use computers as tools and sometimes coding is part of that. I'm entirely self-taught.)

Edited by RangerM

My first programming was on a TI-59 programmable calculator. I wrote a program that played 21 pennies (you start with 21 and take turns removing 1, 2 or 3 at a time. Whoever takes the last one loses.) You stored stuff on little magnetic strips.

My first experience with programming of any kind was a TRS-80 (I think).

Remember the removable media storage device?

cassette.jpg

• Like 1

My first programming was on a TI-59 programmable calculator. I wrote a program that played 21 pennies (you start with 21 and take turns removing 1, 2 or 3 at a time. Whoever takes the last one loses.) You stored stuff on little magnetic strips.

Remember the removable media storage device?

cassette.jpg

I think the one I worked with had 5.25" or 8" floppies. (been too long and I can't remember) But a friend had one like that for his Atari 400. It took over an hour to load one game.

Me, too but not for $2800.

Where do you see $2800? Says almost $5000 in the article, but still that's not outrageous. My brothers and I paid around $2000 for a re-furbished Rocky & Bullwinkle pinball machine for my dad back in 2001 or so. Plus we had to drive to north Jersey to pick it up.

Where do you see $2800? Says almost $5000 in the article, but still that's not outrageous. My brothers and I paid around $2000 for a re-furbished Rocky & Bullwinkle pinball machine for my dad back in 2001 or so. Plus we had to drive to north Jersey to pick it up.

Not sure where I saw $2800, but $5K is for the top of the line pro model and there are 2 other presumably cheaper models.

Not sure where I saw $2800, but $5K is for the top of the line pro model and there are 2 other presumably cheaper models.

Actually sounds like the other 2 models will be even more expensive:

An upgraded, premium table with added art will be added later for pinball machine collectors. The third model is a signed, special edition with art of the 1965 Mustang and 2015 Mustang on the machine and chrome and Mustang badges on the speaker grilles. Prices for these editions will be announced later.

You can buy the Pony and Bars badges for $9.99 on e-bay. Even the '68 grille horse (that will mount on a flat surface) is under $20.00

Depends what they specifically mean with those. If they are just the production stock then sure. Sounds to me it'd be more like some custom sized/applied stuff to replace paint or decals on the standard "pro" model.

Either way, it does look like a pretty quality machine with some good game play and unique features...if you're into pinball.