Thoughts on 2015 Fusion Changes? Looking for some advice.

Dhx

I currently have an order in the queue for a 2014 Titanium and I'm considering canceling and waiting to see what changes will be going into the 2015 model. I won't get into details, but this would delay my order by 3-4 months. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts/opinions on the following questions.

- What are the chances the 2015 will get the new 2.3L ecoboost I've read about? If so, is it a big enough improvement to hold off for?

- Will there be a moderately significant interior refresh that will be a real improvement over the 2014? (Steering controls, Touch Interface, Navigation, etc.)

Finally, I currently have selected Tuxedo Black w/ Brick Red Interior but I'm having heartburn over the choice. I've been unable to find many pictures/video/reviews other than a few threads and dealership photos here and there. My concern is that the red is too bright, but different photos in different lighting make it difficult to get a good idea. My alternate choice would be Darkside w/ Soft Ceramic but I've been told that may be a nightmare to keep clean. Does anyone have experience with either interior?

Thanks.

"- What are the chances the 2015 will get the new 2.3L ecoboost I've read about? If so, is it a big enough improvement to hold off for?"

pure guess

50% chance for 2015my

90% by 2016my

tho imho it will be a Fusion-ST and priced accordingly ... do you like Recaros?

The only hint I've seen that there might be changes coming is the order bank opening was pushed back from mid-March to mid-April. It now falls after the press days for the New York Auto Show, so it's possible some new options may be announced there. I wouldn't expect a major refresh yet though.

- What are the chances the 2015 will get the new 2.3L ecoboost I've read about? If so, is it a big enough improvement to hold off for?

You'd have to ask yourself what that's worth to you.........it does offer better performance but it's not like the 2.0l is a slouch, it's more than adequate for day to day driving.

The only hint I've seen that there might be changes coming is the order bank opening was pushed back from mid-March to mid-April. It now falls after the press days for the New York Auto Show, so it's possible some new options may be announced there. I wouldn't expect a major refresh yet though.

TY Timf thumb.gif

tho I don't have the url handy, there was an oldish online PDF that indicated the new-tophat Fusion would come 2017(cy/my?) a year after the new-tophat MKZ

You'd have to ask yourself what that's worth to you.........it does offer better performance but it's not like the 2.0l is a slouch, it's more than adequate for day to day driving.

I'm still waiting to see if gen2 EB's uniformly reach their peak 140-150hp per liter

+tho expect upto 3 versions for some

ie also

120 hp per liter for most &

100 hp per liter for some

................I'm still waiting to see if gen2 EB's uniformly reach their peak 140-150hp per liter

+tho expect upto 3 versions for some

ie also

120 hp per liter for most &

100 hp per liter for some

No definite answer but all I'm seeing anywhere is 2015 MKZ, which makes sense do more to differentiate the Fusion from the MKZ (get rid of the nickname "Fusion Platinum" for the MKZ). So it looks like if you want the 40ish hp it's goin to be 2016 or later.

My guess is that the Fusion will get updates similar to the ones the Taurus is getting for 2015 - new paint colors, slightly tweaked standard vs optional feature lists. The one wild card is that the order guide isn't out yet. Maybe they plan on announcing changes at the NY auto show. Maybe they'll bring back the Sport model with the 2.3?

Finally, I currently have selected Tuxedo Black w/ Brick Red Interior but I'm having heartburn over the choice. I've been unable to find many pictures/video/reviews other than a few threads and dealership photos here and there. My concern is that the red is too bright, but different photos in different lighting make it difficult to get a good idea. My alternate choice would be Darkside w/ Soft Ceramic but I've been told that may be a nightmare to keep clean. Does anyone have experience with either interior?

I've got a Sterling Grey Titanium with Brick Red Interior and I love it. It's not too bright. The seats are a nice shade of red, the lower half of the interior is black and the head liner is soft ceramic. I've also got all my windows tinted (20% on all 5 rear / back windows and 35% on the front 4 windows) except the windshield, so that cuts down on the light entering the car, making the interior darker. Your headliner may be black, based on the exterior color of our car.

Edited by ReadySetSmoke

• 3 weeks later...

When will the Order Bank open for the 2015 Fusion? It would be great to see changes in equipment and colors.

all the Build-Out/Start-Up sites I know still say the OrderBanks opened almost 2 weeks ago on the 17th (MKZ too)

http://www.arifleet.com/publications/build-out_start-up_dates/?/news/build-out_start-up_dates/

http://www.phharval.com/home/news-and-media/build-out-start-up/ford-fleet-cars

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-ford.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone actually seen the new paint colors? Several of them sound like they could be really nice. I'd be interested in knowing 1) which of the new colors use Xirallic as opposed to traditional metallic effect paint? and 2) how do they compare to the colors they replace?

The terra cotta leather also sounds good, but I'll have to see it in person.

2015 Ford Color Guide

So from what it looks like on your guide and pictures I've seen on the web, the color changes are:

Dark Side -> Guard : not as dark, but not sure quite how much lighter and how green

Sterling Gray -> Magnetic : ??? pictures are all over the place on how dark it is

Ice Storm -> Tectonic : now a plain light silver

Sunset -> Bronze Fire : more brown than red/orange for the base??

The colors that really interest me are Guard and Bronze Fire. The photos I've seen of Guard are anywhere from a light gray with just a hint of green to a very dark green/gray that is almost as dark as "dark side". Bronze fire also seems like it is hard to pin down. The color guide posted here makes it look like a brown base, but the Superduty color guide on Ford's website shows it as very much Orange.

Magnetic could also be a really good color if it has the Xirallic shimmer like Tuxedo Black.

I still think the Fusion would look best in Ford's Green Gem paint, but they seem determined to only offer that color on the truck lineup.

Ford showed the Tectonic Silver on the 2015 Focus at the New York Auto Showpost-25487-0-15707400-1400660067_thumb.jpg

This paint changes a lot in different lighting conditions. Some lighting it looks sandy, and some light it has mauve tints to it.

Edited by MKII

Sunset -> Bronze Fire : more brown than red/orange for the base??

Bronze fire also seems like it is hard to pin down. The color guide posted here makes it look like a brown base, but the Superduty color guide on Ford's website shows it as very much Orange.

I've seen Bronze Fire in person (on a 2015 Navigator) parked next to my Sunset MKZ. The color reminds me most of the Cinnamon color Ford offered a couple years ago. There's not really any orange to it at all. It's more of a maroon color (brownish red) and a bit darker than Sunset. This was in cloudy conditions so I can't comment on how the metallic flake might affect it.

Edited by timf