This is how an off topic forum is supposed to be used

I personally have found it much more enjoyable. We are still debating the same topics but the debate is honest and devoid of unneeded accusations of being a racist or some such nonsense just because we don't agree with a certain person's point of view.

When, as a new poster, you use the new content tab it takes you all the back to the start of a thread. I have to say after skimming my way through them, it seems that you leveled that very same accusation quite a few times yourself. How many times do you think you called others here racist because they didn't agree with your point of view? Perhaps more times than you would be happy to admit and enough that you shouldn't feel comfortable remarking about people calling others racist. It seems that the conversation to you is more honest because you feel among like minded people as evidenced by the references to a removed member. One always feels more open when the opposition has been removed and they can self-segregate.

• Like 1

When, as a new poster, you use the new content tab it takes you all the back to the start of a thread. I have to say after skimming my way through them, it seems that you leveled that very same accusation quite a few times yourself. How many times do you think you called others here racist because they didn't agree with your point of view? Perhaps more times than you would be happy to admit and enough that you shouldn't feel comfortable remarking about people calling others racist. It seems that the conversation to you is more honest because you feel among like minded people as evidenced by the references to a removed member. One always feels more open when the opposition has been removed and they can self-segregate.

Not having counted the instances, but having been immersed in the conversations and their inflections, I assert that you cannot fairly judge him for accusing others of racism. It was plainly a reaction to either a poster here, a politician, a celebrity or other personality who made the initial accusation.

But, if you skim the surface without the background, you would come up with such a misrepresentation.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany
  • Like 1

Not having counted the instances, but having been immersed in the conversations and their inflections, I assert that you cannot fairly judge him for accusing others of racism. It was plainly a reaction to either a poster here, a politician, a celebrity or other personality who made the initial accusation.

But, if you skim the surface without the background, you would come up with such a misrepresentation.

Isn't everyone's use of the term a reaction to such? How do you differentiate between good and bad reactions? The likely answer is that you consider those reactions that are like yours as good and those not are bad. So he could react to opinions and actions he disagreed with by using that term but others could not. Is this close?

Isn't everyone's use of the term a reaction to such? How do you differentiate between good and bad reactions? The likely answer is that you consider those reactions that are like yours as good and those not are bad. So he could react to opinions and actions he disagreed with by using that term but others could not. Is this close?

You have no idea what you're talking about. If you skimmed over my posts did you not also see the numerous times that I objected to racists and their points of view? Any accusations that I made of racism were likely directed at one person who in fact was a racist and as you are new here I encourage you to take some time to actually partake in the threads before you start laying accusations of your own.

You have no idea what you're talking about. If you skimmed over my posts did you not also see the numerous times that I objected to racists and their points of view? Any accusations that I made of racism were likely directed at one person who in fact was a racist and as you are new here I encourage you to take some time to actually partake in the threads before you start laying accusations of your own.

SSDN

Same Stuff Different Name

When was "you know who" kicked out of here? On or about the 6th of May? Or a preemptively created new identity?

And those of us who had shitty production jobs in the past. 4,000 axles a night in 17 was no fun either.

SSDN

Same Stuff Different Name

When was "you know who" kicked out of here? On or about the 6th of May? Or a preemptively created new identity?

Anyone see a "Freudian Slip" from some one who has admitted to working on "4,000 axles a night in 17" and a "NEW" identity named "Axel17"?

Just too easy, Langston. But, if you behave, maybe the moderators will ignore the transparent attempt to get back into the fray.

• Like 2

Jesus Langston, not only are you such a loser that you come back after being banned but you obviously didn't learn a thing and start right in with the accusations of racism right out of the gate.

Good catch fired.

Langston / Axel, back on ignore you go.

Jesus Langston, not only are you such a loser that you come back after being banned but you obviously didn't learn a thing and start right in with the accusations of racism right out of the gate.

Good catch fired.

Langston / Axel, back on ignore you go.

Personality and writing styles were the first tell. And the fact a newcomer pops into Langston's territory and dives into the same subjects. His newly minted identity got me curious what he had posted about previously.

Lo and behold, he outs himself with the axle job reference.

I may have tipped my hand on these techniques, but I still have a few more arrows in my quiver.

We can probably say "Goodbye" to Axel17. He wouldn't dare call me out or try to deny it. And if he admits to being LH, the moderators will make quick work of him.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany
  • Like 1

Anyone see a "Freudian Slip" from some one who has admitted to working on "4,000 axles a night in 17" and a "NEW" identity named "Axel17"?

Just too easy, Langston. But, if you behave, maybe the moderators will ignore the transparent attempt to get back into the

fray.

Well I had my suspicions but that confirms it.

• Like 1

Well I had my suspicions but that confirms it.

You will be a busy person, someone does not like having their soap box taken away yet they did it to themselves.

Its on par with having a bar and one idiot patron that acts a fool and degrades the environment for others. Once removed the same place has a nicer atmosphere.

Its more fun to open the door with the offenders head than banning their IP or "new" fake profile.

I see the same trend across a multiple of forums.

it’s pathetic..but hey - the forum mods will continue to fight a battle they can’t win only to feel like they have some sort of power in the world.

..All because you simply can’t please everyone. Thus a never ending battle.

I personally don’t care about political talk. I tend to stay out of such threads because I honestly don’t give a shat about anything related to such topic.

But I do enjoy the forums for their off-topic area and their focus area. I joined this forum because I own a couple Fords and plan on buying either an Expedition or a Mustang and would like to stay current with their progression. Much easier to be part of a single forum vs a few other single focus forums..

My "Coon Hound" senses are going off. There's a scent of prey. Could we have a new identity for an old friend already? Just a suggestion that you take a look at the tenor and quick rise of the attitudes from a new member who joined on May 20.

Could BVC, Axel17 and another old acquaintance of ours share the same bed?

Time will tell. Time will tell. But, you heard it here first.

It's not about power or control - it's about keeping forums enjoyable for all members. I haven't had to ban anybody on the other forums in at least 2 years.

Biker16 is one of the biggest critics here and almost nobody agrees with his views but he's able to express his views without resorting to personal attacks or troll like behavior.

If you articulate what it was that you disliked about your F150 then that's a basis for a rational discussion. But when your first few posts are "F150 is a shitty underpowered POS for posers" then you're just being a troll.

Frankly, I`m happy that the "Off Topic" Political rants have been curtailed from this Forum section. It was becoming simply a gathering for a lynch mob looking for a length of solid hemp rope and a sturdy Oak Tree. To say that the (bias) was even handed, where opposing points of view were given even cursory consideration before extreme hateful, racist, bigoted vitriol was interjected as a "fair & balanced" rebuttal is simply folly. You "Haters" (you know who you are) brought this upon your self. Now add me to the "Banned" Contributors to this particular "Forum"! Good riddance.

Frankly, I`m happy that the "Off Topic" Political rants have been curtailed from this Forum section. It was becoming simply a gathering for a lynch mob looking for a length of solid hemp rope and a sturdy Oak Tree. To say that the (bias) was even handed, where opposing points of view were given even cursory consideration before extreme hateful, racist, bigoted vitriol was interjected as a "fair & balanced" rebuttal is simply folly. You "Haters" (you know who you are) brought this upon your self. Now add me to the "Banned" Contributors to this particular "Forum"! Good riddance.

No need to ban anyone who doesn't want to participate here. Just go away. It's that easy.

My "Coon Hound" senses are going off. There's a scent of prey. Could we have a new identity for an old friend already? Just a suggestion that you take a look at the tenor and quick rise of the attitudes from a new member who joined on May 20.

Could BVC, Axel17 and another old acquaintance of ours share the same bed?

Time will tell. Time will tell. But, you heard it here first.

You noticed that also?

Its just a coincidence and some other regular old "Joe".

No need to ban anyone who doesn't want to participate here. Just go away. It's that easy.

Seldom do (we) agree but in this instance, I do. When one attends a KKK Rally, White Supremacy Gathering, or NRA Ted Nugent sponsored event, you should`nt expect to hear someone lecturing about man made Global Warming, Tree Hugging, Environmental Issues, Save The Whales nor the annual Canadian Harp Seal Slaughter. Odd that Red State Southern Conservative Republicans that proudly wear their Tea Party credentials seem to have forgotten that what they (think) they stand for all originated in Boston Harbor located in the very "Blue" State that they all share such contempt for, (liberal) Massachusetts, home of your Idol, the former (fake) flip-flopper Governor and failed Presidential nominee Mitt (RomneyCare) Romney. Now, make a futile attempt to (change) those Facts! Cheers and Happy Memorial Day. Being a Vietnam era Vet, (my) Flag is proudly displayed outside my home today, by the way.

It's not about power or control - it's about keeping forums enjoyable for all members. I haven't had to ban anybody on the other forums in at least 2 years.

Biker16 is one of the biggest critics here and almost nobody agrees with his views but he's able to express his views without resorting to personal attacks or troll like behavior.

If you articulate what it was that you disliked about your F150 then that's a basis for a rational discussion. But when your first few posts are "F150 is a shitty underpowered POS for posers" then you're just being a troll.

So because I actively come onto this forum and participate in a thread which in turn did allow me to express my deep disappointment of the F150, all the sudden that’s just being a troll?

Sorry my views of the vehicle don’t fit in.. I could see people who don’t agree with me seeing it as troll like activities.

How does those few posts in that specific thread relate to my other posts in other threads? You sure are quick to point out the negatives over the positives..

Geez. What a bunch of girls here..

I say I don’t like the F150 and state my personal thoughts on the one select vehicle and everyone starts to freak out. What a bunch of losers.. You know, those select fools ;)

On the ignore list that “mod” goes - what a troll.

So because I actively come onto this forum and participate in a thread which in turn did allow me to express my deep disappointment of the F150, all the sudden that’s just being a troll?

Sorry my views of the vehicle don’t fit in.. I could see people who don’t agree with me seeing it as troll like activities.

How does those few posts in that specific thread relate to my other posts in other threads? You sure are quick to point out the negatives over the positives..

I haven't read enough of your posts (or been on the forum much, lately).

However, you have stated you're disappointed with the F150. That's fine and all, but are you taking it to the nth degree? I mean if you're disappointed with YOUR F150, that's one thing. Criticize your truck (and dealer experience) if you like. If you're taking your experience and telling others they (will) have the same, that sounds like trolling.

As for me, I'll be on my merry....no problems in 9000 miles, fast-as-hell, 21 mpg in mixed driving....way.

Edited by RangerM
  • Like 1