New Mondeo Ship Date in UK and China is ??? When?

China has been selling the new AM grille Mondeo since about this time last year,

Europe still has another 5-6 month wait until production starts in Spain.

Link to article..

LINK

Production of the 2015 Ford Mustang will commence on August 11, while order books will be opened beginning May 13, Mustang6G revealed earlier this week, quoting a Ford Fleet distribution news bulletin.

The aforementioned source also says that production of the 2014 Ford Mustang will end on June 20, eight days after scheduling for the sixth-generation pony will begin.

06/20/2014 – 2014MY Mustang – Job Last Date
05/13/2014 – 2015MY Mustang – Order Bank Opens
06/12/2014 – 2015MY Mustang – Scheduling Begins
08/11/2014 – 2015MY Mustang – Job #1 Date

There’s no word on when the 2015 Mustang will arrive in dealerships at the time of writing, but expect the pony to hit most dealerships in the fourth quarter of the year.

Edited by jpd80

Anyone know?

Also, when does Mustang start arriving in dealerships there?

Barb Samardzich, Ford of Europe chief operating officer told Automotive News Europe, (news relates to Ford of Europe market)

The face-lifted Focus, to go on sale in August.

In the first quarter of next year, Ford will begin sales in Europe of the new Mondeo mid-sized sedan and wagon.

The second-generation S-Max, which will on sale in the second quarter of 2015.

In the first half of 2015, Ford will also begin European sales of the new Mustang. Europe will get the coupe and convertible at the same time. No pricing release yet.

In the second half of next year, Europe will get a second North America-sourced model: the Edge large SUV, which will be imported from Canada. For Europe, the Edge will also come with a diesel engine.

No mention of the next gen Galaxy??

Ford expects to receive about 30,000 EcoSports from India this year but foresees demand being much higher.

Edited by MKII

I find it amazing that even with the "One Ford" strategy, a model that debuted in mid-2012 in North America is not available in Europe until 2015. It seems like they could have used a contingency plan to import them from another plant if their European plants weren't prepared to make them.

^ Timf,

I pretty sure it was (MUCH) more that Ford-EU didn't see the market recovering enough to bother introducing the new Mondeo sooner

It's also the fact that the midsized market in the EU isn't as important as it is in North America. The focus is far more important to the EU then it is North America, thus the delay with us not getting it till next spring.

With the face lift (freshen) for Fusion to be MY2016, wonder what FoE will do with the already dated unlaunched Mondeo?

There is a lot of bellyaching from Mondeo customers on this side of pond.

Reading Ms.Samardzich comments on the timing of the Mondeo, she did mention the sedan and wagon only. Which I understood from

earlier reports that the wagon would be 1st Q 2015. So maybe the 5 door Mondeo is still on time, and will start production in

September as was reported earlier this year.

Edited by MKII

question

IF global parts make it affordable,

would it be a good thing to launch as is/was THEN update the very next year?

or

better to just go with a freshened one from the start?

((assuming whatever about how the refresh actually will look...))

question

IF global parts make it affordable,

would it be a good thing to launch as is/was THEN update the very next year?

or

better to just go with a freshened one from the start?

((assuming whatever about how the refresh actually will look...))

I think there would be a problem launching a new Mondeo range at Genk when Ford is trying to close the place down.

Edited by jpd80

Bunch of new Ford Europe product info ( info is from source at Ford Belarus, so some arrival dates could be different for EG: Germany,, UK etc)

Focus ST Facelift

A. Focus ST - in early 2015

3. C-Max Facelift

A. C-MAX - in early 2015

4. Mondeo :

A. Last date of manufacture of the current model: September 12, 2014

b. Last month an order for the production of the current model: June 2014 * (* update)

C. Production moved from Genk Belgium in Valencia Spain

D. NEW Mondeo : start of production - September 9, 2014, the first model to be released from the plant: the end of October 2014

e. Receipt of new models on the market - January 2015

5. S-Max & Galaxy (new):

A. New S-MAX & Galaxy - 2Q 2015

Focus Facelift

a. Last month an order for the production of the current model: July 2014

b. Last date of manufacture of the current model: September 26, 2014

c. Issue price list (specification) for the new model: September 2, 2014

d. The first models to be released from the plant: October 1, 2014

e. Arrival of the first models on the market is expected in December 2014

f. Changing the model specification

- EcoBoost engine 1.0 liters will be available with a 6-speed automatic transmission - 6F (not Powershift) in September 2015

- EcoBoost 1.6 liter engine will be replaced by EcoBoost 1.5 liter (150 hp.. and 180 hp..), both versions will be available with a 6F (not Powershift) Automatic

in March 2015

2,0 TDCI 140 hp. and 163 hp. will be replaced by options - 180 hp and 150 hp with., 6-speed manual Transmission & A6 Powershift, available only in December 2014;

The 2.0 TDCI 180 hp will be available for Focus ST.

I did not include the smaller diesel 1.6 TDCI which is replaced with the new 1.5 TDCI

Edited by MKII

Getrag VP said in a 2014 February drivelinenews report "6DCT250 will stay on the market for another six to eight years."

http://drivelinenews.com/transmission-insight/dry-clutch-dcts-are-on-their-way-out-says-getrag-cto/

That tells me that Ford will continue using the dry clutch with the 2.0L GDI , and the lower output 1.0EB in the B-Max and Fiesta, and

however long the 1.6L Ti-VCT 125hp is in service.

Ford Europe's media site for the 2015 Focus powertrain offerings still lists the 1.6L TI-VCT petrol 125 PS six-speed PowerShift automatic.

The current C2 Focus is due for total makeover MY2017, so the 6DCT250 still has a couple more years of life in the EU Focus.

Edited by MKII

Getrag VP said in a 2014 February drivelinenews report "6DCT250 will stay on the market for another six to eight years."

http://drivelinenews.com/transmission-insight/dry-clutch-dcts-are-on-their-way-out-says-getrag-cto/

That tells me that Ford will continue using the dry clutch with the 2.0L GDI , and the lower output 1.0EB in the B-Max and Fiesta, and

however long the 1.6L Ti-VCT 125hp is in service.

Ford Europe's media site for the 2015 Focus powertrain offerings still lists the 1.6L TI-VCT petrol 125 PS six-speed PowerShift automatic.

The current C2 Focus is due for total makeover MY2017, so the 6DCT250 still has a couple more years of life in the EU Focus.

I wonder about the Focus 2.0 DI and Powershift in markets outside Europe, there could be a push to switch to either a 6F auto

or follow europe to 1.5 EB with 6MT and 6F auto. It just depends what's going on behind the scenes with US sales and warranty.

I wonder about the Focus 2.0 DI and Powershift in markets outside Europe, there could be a push to switch to either a 6F auto

or follow europe to 1.5 EB with 6MT and 6F auto. It just depends what's going on behind the scenes with US sales and warranty.

The 6F and the DCT will be replaced the question is do you think ford will use the 7spd Wet clutch DCT for the C and B segments instead of the thirstier and heavier conventional automatics.

The 6F and the DCT will be replaced the question is do you think ford will use the 7spd Wet clutch DCT for the C and B segments instead of the thirstier and heavier conventional automatics.

Or a better question might be whether the perception of "automatic shift quality" are different for Europe versus North American market.

Europe may use wet clutch DCT while Nth America uses 6AT (and 9AT) - made internally by Ford in the USA.