'14 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost

This seems like a cool little kit. They really should offer it across all trim levels though, unless they are afraid the extra grand will be too much to swallow on the higher trims.

I think it has more to do with production capacity. Can't see any other reason it would be limited.

I think it has more to do with production capacity. Can't see any other reason it would be limited.

Yep, limited supply, and also quite possible that Ford can realize higher profit margin with the 1.0T engine elsewhere - i.e. Europe and Asia vs. North America.

Limited supply is probably also why Ford has elected not to offer automatic with 1.0T in North America... they would be swamped with the extra demand they can't meet.

Edited by bzcat

We also get an automatic version of 1.0 EB Fiesta here in Australia,

i bet if north America offered it, sales would really take off..

Also, a 1.0 EB Focus with manual and auto would outsell diesel Cruze by a wide margin.

I remember reading in the UAW plant announcements that Ford NA was going to build

what I assumed to be a 1.0 Ecoboost engine plant - I hope that's the case because

this little engine has the potential to be a huge success in North America too..

Edited by jpd80