Mustang V6 3.7 rough idle

saintlaz1

Hey Guys,

Just checking if you have experience this, i have googled and found this has been discuss before, for the past several months I have been noticing that the engine idles rough, its intermittent but its like the engine wants to turn off or something and resets itself. you even notice the RPM's go down.

I took it to the dealer of course it refuse to do it in front of them but they checked it out anyway and one of the mechanics said it was known to do this.

ive never had a car that has done this. Any ideas why it does it? and how to fix? Dealer wasnt much help just noted the issue im just concern down the line it could be a bigger problem.

Take a note each time it does it, include how long after fueling, engine temp (cold, warm, hot) Outside conditions, hot, humid, raining. How many miles on the engine? Do you buy your gas in the same place? It may be a sensor, clogged filter, or just about anything. If it does it each time you drive, you may need to take a mechanic for a ride with the scan tool hooked up so he can record what is happening. I would run your tank as close to emty as you can get, fill the car back up with gas without ethenol or as little as possible. Its crazy what cheap gas can do.

Take a note each time it does it, include how long after fueling, engine temp (cold, warm, hot) Outside conditions, hot, humid, raining. How many miles on the engine? Do you buy your gas in the same place? It may be a sensor, clogged filter, or just about anything. If it does it each time you drive, you may need to take a mechanic for a ride with the scan tool hooked up so he can record what is happening. I would run your tank as close to emty as you can get, fill the car back up with gas without ethenol or as little as possible. Its crazy what cheap gas can do.

Unless you purchase your Gas from a Marina, in most parts of the Country, "non-ethenol" Gasoline is near impossible to locate.

Unless you purchase your Gas from a Marina, in most parts of the Country, "non-ethenol" Gasoline is near impossible to locate.

It's not that hard if you use the web site 92 Merc posted. It may be a tad out of your way, but if you have any power equipment like weed eaters, blowers, chainsaws, mowers, it is well worth getting.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not that hard if you use the web site 92 Merc posted. It may be a tad out of your way, but if you have any power equipment like weed eaters, blowers, chainsaws, mowers, it is well worth getting.

Your correct, in most parts of the Country Pure Gasoline without the added 10% Ethenol is available. Is the added performance and enhanced fuel economy worth the extra 90 cents per gallon? I think (not)! For low consumption tools like you mentioned weed eaters,blowers,chainsaws, mowers fine. Even Outboard Motors for Marine use might justify the premium cost but not for everyday commuting in ones Vehicle.

In North Dakota, the difference is about 30 cents a gallon cheaper. Diesel is 10 cents higher than 92 octane w/ethanol. 87 non-ethanol is about 10 cents lower than 92 ethanol. And 87 ethanol at the bottom about 30 cents cheaper than 87 non-ethanol.

That's been the running standard for a good three years here.

Its amazing the price difference between non-ethanol gasoline and gasoline with 10% ethanol added in depending on your location. On the other hand, in Palm Beach County Florida, the price even for regular grade gasoline with the 10% ethanol added fluctuates by 40 cents per gallon depending if your refueling in the North or South parts of the County, the cheapest prices being in the Central Part in the poorer areas of Metro West Palm Beach.