iPhone 6 not working with SYNC

Lgbeach

My 2013 Ford Fusion has problems with the new IOS 8, 5 seconds into a call my iPhone 6 disconnects. Music plays fine thru USB but Bluetooth will think call has ended & abruptly disconnect. I've tried resetting the system & did a master reset. Deleted all Bluetooth proflies & re-paired my iPhone & still will not work. I had to go back to using a headset in my fusion. Unbelievable that they would not have tested this before releasing as ford & Apple are supposed to be working together....

I wonder if it is the iPhone 6 or iOS 8 that is the issue. iOS8 has been out for developers for the better part of 3-4 months for 3rd party devs to get their stuff compatible. Does anyone have issues with iOS8 on an older phone?

Edited by Intrepidatious
  • Like 1

I wonder if it is the iPhone 6 or iOS 8 that is the issue. iOS8 has been out for developers for the better part of 3-4 months for 3rd party devs to get their stuff compatible. Does anyone have issues with iOS8 on an older phone?

This is my question. I'm not updating to iOS8 until I know that we won't lose functionality. I particularly like how the car will read text messages to me and don't want to lose that by updating to iOS8.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had an iPhone 5 with iOS 8 and now an iPhone 6 Plus, and have had no more problems with it than I did with iOS 7 (which means it occasionally won't start playing after connecting, or stops while playing, or won't display the track info, etc). I use mostly Pandora. I have read that bluetooth connectivity is being affected for some with iOS 8.0.2, but i'm not having any issues.

I wish that there will be a firmware update for CarPlay. I'd hate to have to buy a whole new car to use Apple CarPlay!

And no, my iPhone 6 Plus is not bent! ;)

SPECIAL SERVICE MESSAGES 44747 Various SYNC Equipped Vehicles – Apple iOS 8 and or iPhone 6 Functional Issues
Some customers with SYNC equipped vehicles may experience Bluetooth connectivity issues after upgrading to Apple iOS 8 or using an iPhone 6 with SYNC. This is not a SYNC hardware or software concern. Apple is aware of these concerns and is working on a fix for multiple Vehicle Manufacturers. In the interim, direct thecustomer to the following Apple support URL: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht6473
EFFECTIVE DATE: 01-OCTOBER-2014

There's been a lot of people complaining about Bluetooth issues with the iPhone 6. Blame Apple.

The biggest problem I have with my non-touch Sync is that it'll try to pick up the phone when I turn on the car, fail, and then force me to hit the Bluetooth button again to connect.

Just as an aside - non-touch Sync is probably never, ever going to get an update to show song titles and stuff over Bluetooth, right? It's a software change they need to make and a known issue for years.

Edited by Fallom