Battery has been repeatedly dying

blockisle9

Over the past couple of months I would get in the car and discover a completely dead battery and would call road side assist for a jump.

The first time I thought it was a fluke and ignored it. A week or so later it did it again, again called road side assist, jump started it and went to the dealer. They checked it out and said the battery failed there testing and replaced it. Again all was good for awhile, then another dead battery. Back to the dealer, they kept it for awhile but could not duplicate it. There was no abnormal load, so they charged it up and gave it back.

A day later, same thing. This time I mentioned an intermitted problem with the passenger door passive entry system (I mentioned it earlier also) I suggested that they disconnect it for now to see if maybe it might have something to do with it.

They kept the car for a week, they actually replaced the handle instead of disconnecting it. ( I wasn't overly concerned with that at this point, but it am glad it's repaired)

Just got the car back, only time will tell if the battery dies again.

The dealers been very good with me and supplied me with a loaner each time. I understand there frustration trying to diagnose an intermittent problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what it possibly could be. There is nothing plugged in the charger.

Sorry for the long post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...