Ford Ecoboost Tuning coming... From Ford...

I think this is a fantastic move on Ford's part. Sell tunes that improve performance and keep your warranty...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-racing-to-offer-ecoboost-tuning-in-2015.html

The company suggests the EcoBoost engines have been factory tuned to balance fuel efficiency with power density, but existing technology -- direct injection, variable cam timing and turbocharging -- can easily be tweaked via software management as an inexpensive way to increase horsepower and torque output.

Ford Racing has already developed a programming handset for the Focus ST's 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine, along with the Fiesta ST's 1.6-liter EcoBoost mill. The ProCal tool, which costs $595, can be used to modify throttle response, idle speed, turbo wastegate control, fuel curves and spark timing.

"While these settings should be modified only within recommended limits, the resulting performance gains with Ford-tested programs can be impressive," the company said in a statement. "Focus ST owners, for example, can expect up to a 90 lb.-ft. increase in torque - all while maintaining the Ford-backed limited warranty."

The Mustang's 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine is naturally the next powerplant on the tuning list, with a product expected to arrive on the market by the end of next year.

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-racing-to-offer-ecoboost-tuning-in-2015.html#ixzz3N2tBKNNC

I'm surprised that it's taken so long, I've been reading how Livinois (?) seems to be all over this

and offers tunes on 1.6 and 2.0 Ecoboost that result in around 80 lb ft increases.

There's a big market out there for Ford to offer tunes that work and are safe to use.

I'm surprised that it's taken so long, I've been reading how Livinois (?) seems to be all over this

and offers tunes on 1.6 and 2.0 Ecoboost that result in around 80 lb ft increases.

There's a big market out there for Ford to offer tunes that work and are safe to use.

I asked Mountune for kits for D16 and D20 for lower Fiestas and Foci but they are not available in NA. FSwerks only have cold air kits as well.

The best part is you know these are safe and won't grenade your tranny or other driveline parts.

And who knows more about tuning these engines than Ford?

Exactly.. on the more model specific forums, I always see "is it safe to tune".. when in reality, does anyone really know? You have these aftermarket companies who tune but they test what??? one or two vehicles for a few weeks up to a month or two and then release the tune. They will tweak as time goes by and send out updates but they don't test for millions of miles like Ford or any other OEM for reliability.

The only safe tune IMO is a OEM tune so this is fantastic!! Can't wait to see what they pull out of the 2.0, 2.3, 2.7 and 3.5Eco.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Once you start tuning a turbo engine , it's easy to get carried away and unless you stick to a plan and a budget,

you will inevitably be chasing reliability issues all around your vehicle. These Ecoboost engines are going to be

very popular once people realize how easy it is to extract more power. Plug and play with cold air and exhaust

packages are really all that's needed.

There isn't a lot to be gained with NA engines but ecoboost is a whole other ball game. I'm seriously considering an ecoboost mustang so I can't wait to see what they do with it.

I have a feeling that the 2.3 EB could deliver some really exciting performance.

Edited by jpd80