Random issues with BLIS/parking detection?

coopny

So I purchased the Driver Assist package in my '15 Fusion Titanium, which includes the blindspot detection system. That has been working reliably, but one of the features it adds (since it puts sensors in the rear quarter panels) is that when the car is in reverse, it uses said sensors to warn if a car is approaching from the left or right (it makes a different sound than the forward/reverse sensing systems and displays "car approaching from left/right" in the dash on the left screen).

While it works properly some of the time (very useful in parking lots as a secondary check when backing up), it does seem to randomly activate while in reverse. Like, put in reverse, be still, and no objects to left/right/combination behind for fifteen feet- it'll start beeping "CAR APPROACHING FROM LEFT".

Anybody observe this behavior or know of a TSB? I plan to bring it up during my next service so my dealer can check on it.

Edited by coopny

Happens to my 2013 sometimes. Also the opposite - doesn't go off when I think it should but I wrote that off to not being close enough. I think the sensors are just flaky.

Flaky is a good description.........

• Approaching vehicle goes off when there's nobody in the palrking lot except me? check
  • Parking sensor activates & beeps while sitting at a stoplight (random times)? check
  • BLIS lights up & stays lit for a guardrail? check

Works well overall but it can be a bit of a nuisance at times.

• 2 weeks later...

Very Rarely, my BLIS/Reverse Sensing will have a different sound than normal. The buzzing from BLIS or beeping from reverse sensing almost have a lower quality sound file (or even a completely different one). I'm not suspicious of the speakers being bad because this occurs once in awhile and music sounds fine.

Anyone else experience this?

Very Rarely, my BLIS/Reverse Sensing will have a different sound than normal. The buzzing from BLIS or beeping from reverse sensing almost have a lower quality sound file (or even a completely different one). I'm not suspicious of the speakers being bad because this occurs once in awhile and music sounds fine.

Anyone else experience this?

Yes - happens when the battery voltage is lower than normal. Has been occurring more frequently lately with the extreme cold here in Michigan. My forward collision warning went off the other day with the "ugly" lower quality sound...wow that sure got my attention. Yuck.

It just comes from the single speaker inside the dash.

Edited by cjh

Yes - happens when the battery voltage is lower than normal. Has been occurring more frequently lately with the extreme cold here in Michigan. My forward collision warning went off the other day with the "ugly" lower quality sound...wow that sure got my attention. Yuck.

It just comes from the single speaker inside the dash.

Ahh ok that makes sense. Thank you!